Audio clipping in right channel on two instrument?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    samjjones
    Participant

Two instrument custom (keys/vox/harmonies only), built okay in Magma, but when I listen to the playback in Visualizer, I hear clipping coming from the right speaker. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this mentioned, but couldn’t find a thread with the solution.

Edit: going to try using a silent crowd track.

ws54
      Participant

enable the Crowd track and put a silent wav file in there.

samjjones
        Participant

enable the Crowd track and put a silent wav file in there.

Yep, this was exactly the resolution. Thanks!

TrojanNemo
          Participant

What version of Magma do you have?

From Magma’s changelog:

v3.2.6

[…]

FIXES

[…] – Added notification when user tries to compile without enough audio tracks and might end up with a corrupt audio file

And that’s 3.2.6, last version of Magma is 3.3.2, so either that was broken in one of the later updates, or you have an old version of Magma, or you’re getting the prompt but not caring to read it. So which one is it?

samjjones
            Participant

I’m using v3.3.2. I didn’t see any modal notification during compile…perhaps there was a message written, but I don’t recall seeing one (then again…I wasn’t slavishly paying attention to the log while compile was happening. Do you remember if this notification was a modal? Entirely possible that I just missed it, I guess.

In any event, compiler completed fully, and I didn’t notice the issue until I threw the CON into Visualizer.

Of course, I subsequently found the note about this in one of the sidebars in Farottone’s “New Authors Tutorial” PDF. So entirely preventable on my side, anyway.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

Yeah notification is a message box that pops up before it lets you build the song. Hard to miss since you have to make it go away before compiling. Maybe it broke in one of the later updates then…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button