Anyone make or use controllers from other things?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

Ive never done this, but Ive watched others do this on YouTube. Mainly Acai who used a Yo Gabba Gabba guitar to play Clone Hero. As an old school player who doesnt mod or anything besides custom songs, Ive only used a standard controller for both Xbox 360 & PlayStation to play Guitar Hero 3 which was difficult. Ive never even used a keyboard to play Frets on Fire.

Oddbrother
      Participant

Back then, I was playing the first few Guitar Hero games with a controller.

But yeah, I’ve also used a combination of keyboard and mouse to play guitar like Neversoft wanted. It needed a lefty flip, but for how you play it, it almost felt the same way as using a guitar controller right-handed.

Don’t get me started with drums on GHWT, though.

The Other Side
        Participant

I played GH1-Aerosmith with a Dualshock and I loved it, dangit.

I’Ve did the reverse thing. One day we were missing controllers to play Tetris with a handfull of people locally so I decided to play with the MPA (MIDI Pro Adapter) since I hadf the best TPM of them all and it gave me an handicap because it doesn’t have shoulde buttons (can’t hold a block). Was an interesting experience to say the least.

I also played GH3 with the Wiimote, but since this is actually programmed in the game idk if that counts. To be fair, the control scheme is fucked up…

I’ve repaired so many of the GH/BH instruments now that a few years back I bought a plastic toy saxophone and was intending to take the electronics from an old guitar and suitably arrange them onto the saxophone so that I could properly play the sax solo in ‘The Best’ by Tina Turner. However, it’s a lot of work for the odd song, and invariably the prices of second-hand guitars has started to increase as they become rarer, so I don’t have the heart to butcher one anymore. But conceivably, you could easily put the electronics into any plastic instrument you wanted to play, or even an actual guitar if you had one behind repair you wanted to adapt for Rock Band.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button