Anyone else really really enjoy tempo mapping or is it just me?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EzloDQ
    Participant

I haven’t done a whole lot of authoring so far, but I think one of my favorite things to do, is tempo mapping a fresh mp3 in a new project. I’ve really only seen people that complain about the process as an inconvenience and a necessary evil. Something about lining up and organizing the tempo with the audio is very satisfying to me. Once the mapping is done, I add only about 20% of the drums (just some of the groove, no fills) and then tend to just map out another song right away. I’m not sure if I’m just strange or if this is a common thing.

Just something I realized about myself and wanted to see if anyone else had a similar mindset. Or maybe you are the complete opposite and absolutely hate tempo mapping, and it’s stopping you from charting more songs. Whatever it is, feel free to weigh in in the comments!

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

I can’t say I absolutely love tempo mapping, but I agree it’s one of the easiest parts of a project.

Shroud
        Participant

I’ve never had much trouble with getting tempo mapping done, but I’ve only charted 5 customs all of which had pretty regular tempos (one of them in fact I believe had strictly fixed tempo, presumably because some instruments in the original song must have been programmed rather than played by a person). Can’t say I like it though, mainly because there’s not much to actually do besides clicking markers, but again I suppose there can be more interesting songs to map that those I did 🙂

EzloDQ
          Participant

I’ve not run into a fixed tempo song yet. I feel like I would almost be disappointed lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button