All Unexported Songs!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Author

Black Hole sun just wont show up in my song list.

Would deleting the BHS saved under the Rock band 1 folder on the HDD make the custom version work?

espher
    Participant

Would deleting the BHS saved under the Rock band 1 folder on the HDD make the custom version work?

It should load as long as the info is different, same name or not. If the file is missing some information that was added on the RB3 disc, it will sometimes fail to load.

I didn’t delete it. Since TU5 allowed it back into Rock Band, you can try installing TU5 and then see if it shows up. After it shows up, you can go back to TU4.

RBHP is the issue. You need to delete your song cache, so it never sees TU5. I asked how he managed it, his response was

“You just need to edit the dtas of the original CON file, give it a different ‘short’ name in the file and a different song ID, include all the ‘missing’ information (which the upgrade file does), and repackage it. Optionally, look for versions around the interwebs that are prepared and change the RBHP songs.dta/upgrades.dta to match that file.”

Currently battling with the DLC tools to attempt this!

RBHP is the issue. You need to delete your song cache, so it never sees TU5. I asked how he managed it, his response was

“You just need to edit the dtas of the original CON file, give it a different ‘short’ name in the file and a different song ID, include all the ‘missing’ information (which the upgrade file does), and repackage it. Optionally, look for versions around the interwebs that are prepared and change the RBHP songs.dta/upgrades.dta to match that file.”

Hmm, I didn’t have to do any of that. I can tell you what I do with RBHP. I don’t know if you have deleted them or not, but I still have both the original Black Hole Sun and Dani California exports in my Rock Band folder.

1. I delete my cache

2. I install the harmonies in a TU5 environment. Black Hole Sun and Dani California show up at this point with harmonies.

3. After deleting the dummy file, I load the game and both songs are still there.

4. Now I go back to TU4 and load my customs. Both songs are still there with harmonies.

On my custom stick, I have the Black Hole Sun file I uploaded. I don’t even have the Dani California one. If I have Dani California on my custom stick, it actually shows up twice in my songlist. One has harmonies and the other doesn’t. So, I deleted that song off my custom stick so it only shows up once with harmonies.

Hope this helps.

espher
      Participant

This is to get it running under TU4 — I’ve been told by a number of people that the TU5 workaround (in the above post) does work, but I just don’t want to go through the hassle of introducing it personally, especially with the frequency at which I have to rebuild caches. ;p

Ah this almost worked! BHS is fine, but Dani gives a “cannot load, skipping” message

It is indeed a pain each time you need to rebuild your cache. Seeing as all your are basically doing is restoring your song cache to the state where it sees the harmony add-ons, would making a backup of my song cache now and then just using the backup save me from this long process each time?

espher
        Participant

Well, you need to cache rebuild every time to get it to see the new harmonies. If you did a TU5 cache build that only had BHS/DC built in, you might be able to get away with it (by doing the normal TU4 cache build subsequent to that).

As for the “skipping” thing, it’s possible that could relate to a broken line in a .dta somewhere. I will try to take a look tonight.

I tried it again this morning – working fine!

No idea what would have changed

espher
          Participant
            I tried it again this morning – working fine!

No idea what would have changed

I have gotten that occasionally, randomly, on a single play attempt.

Black hole Sun is blocked for violation. Can someone please upload it again?

It used to work for me with Title Update 4 from my original export, but the harmonies must have done something to it? I don’t know.

It used to work for me with Title Update 4 from my original export, but the harmonies must have done something to it? I don’t know.

I tried re-uploading it and it still shows as blocked. I tried different names too. I don’t think I can get it back on there.

I tried re-uploading it and it still shows as blocked. I tried different names too. I don’t think I can get it back on there.

Well thanks for trying. Maybe I’ll try this trick of loading harmonies for Title Update 5 and then going back to 4 so I get get Black Hole Sun and Dani California to show back up.

I just checked my folder and it looks like whatever was blocking Black Hole Sun has been cleared and it is available again. You can download it now.

indiana
            Participant

thanks, man. I’ll try these songs. I really miss playing Any way you want and Enter Sandman

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button