About songs with TWO MOGGS/MIDIS inside of them, long and short, Visualizer only plays the SHORT ones?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

One example is “Won’t be Fooled again” by The Who, I noticed there is both a short and regular version (the longer is like 1:20sec longer) – the Visualizer only previews the shorter version, both the Modd and Midi inside the file have the same name as the longer one, but ending in _short

I’m assuming there is no way to fix that? (I mean allow it to preview the longer one too?)

More importantly does that mean the Xbox 360 is only going to play the short version?…how does it know which version to load otherwise? I’ve run into a few songs like this so far…another one is The Outlaws – Green Grass and High Tides….just confused by the existence of two-in-one. This isn’t a song pack after all, it’s just individual songs.

There’s a way to fix it.

Stop trying to pirate.

Farottone
      Keymaster

What do you mean “does that mean the Xbox 360 is only going to play the short version”? If the song doesn’t come from your Xbox, where you already can play it and see which version it’s playing, where does it come from?

cleverest
        Participant

I’m just curious how it works architecture-wise with two internal songs..why would there be a short and long version…I’ve never seen that prompted in the game with my leget owned DLC…the same thing can be done with Customs using Con Creator. Nothing to do with piracy.

cleverest
          Participant

There’s a way to fix it.

Stop trying to pirate.

You assume too much. I’m just curious WHY some songs have two files in them, if they can only play one…seemingly. Have you ever been prompted with your legit DLC to play a short or longer version?

cleverest
            Participant

I’m trying to learn to better author stuff. Has anyone who has done a custom song decided to embed two versions of a audio/mogg track into their own song (aka: for longer songs?) Why would you do this? How does the console determine which one to play?

cleverest
              Participant

What do you mean “does that mean the Xbox 360 is only going to play the short version”? If the song doesn’t come from your Xbox, where you already can play it and see which version it’s playing, where does it come from?

My legit versions of these DLC appear to play the longer versions, so I’m wondering why there is even a shorter version embedded in the file.

TrojanNemo
                Participant

I’m confused. Legit DLC is encrypted and Visualizer wouldn’t be able to play them back. So how are you getting Visualizer to play legit DLC songs? As far as it reading the MIDI files, I don’t think I ever came across files with multiple MIDIs so picking which one to play is not something that I programmed into Visualizer.

cleverest
                  Participant

I’m confused. Legit DLC is encrypted and Visualizer wouldn’t be able to play them back. So how are you getting Visualizer to play legit DLC songs? As far as it reading the MIDI files, I don’t think I ever came across files with multiple MIDIs so picking which one to play is not something that I programmed into Visualizer.

DISPLAYING, not playing, sorry…it shows the shorter duration…this is visible in CON CREATOR under the contents tab…two midi/mogg paths, the one ending in _SHORT is the one it displays the duration for. Just curious how that’s supposed to work in-game. I was never prompted for the option to play a long or short version of a song.

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

I checked and those are both RB1 DLC songs. I don’t know to what extent we can discuss those files on these forums. As to why there’s a short version (suggesting there is a long version) that may be a RB1 specific thing that was then dropped in later games. There’s no way with the custom tools to make a song have both a short and a long version – so I don’t think it’s worth losing your sleep over it.

cleverest
                      Participant

I checked and those are both RB1 DLC songs. I don’t know to what extent we can discuss those files on these forums. As to why there’s a short version (suggesting there is a long version) that may be a RB1 specific thing that was then dropped in later games. There’s no way with the custom tools to make a song have both a short and a long version – so I don’t think it’s worth losing your sleep over it.

Okay. I’m not asking to do anything illegal, was just curious why some songs (typically longer ones, but not all of them) have that shorter extra MID and MOGG…it was just an interesting thing to see…

Maxton
                        Participant

Won’t Get Fooled Again, Foreplay / Long Time, Train Kept a Rollin, and Green Grass and High Tides are on-disc RB1 songs with long instrumental sections. In RB1 if you’re playing only vocals you get the short version, just so you aren’t sitting around waiting for the vocal part to start.

I don’t think this ever carried through to other Rock Band games.

cleverest
                          Participant

Won’t Get Fooled Again, Foreplay / Long Time, Train Kept a Rollin, and Green Grass and High Tides are on-disc RB1 songs with long instrumental sections. In RB1 if you’re playing only vocals you get the short version, just so you aren’t sitting around waiting for the vocal part to start.

Ahhhh that explains it! Makes sense. Seems like that is a feature that would have been great for some other tracks later on.

THANK YOU for answering the question and not just assuming some nefarious illegal intent like someone else!

EdTanguy
                            Participant

This was a big feature in Lego Rock Band, the good Rock Band game. I think all the songs had a short version so kids didn’t get bored

cleverest
                              Participant

This was a big feature in Lego Rock Band, the good Rock Band game. I think all the songs had a short version so kids didn’t get bored

VERY SMART

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button