A question regarding clone hero streamers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hi all,

ive been making songs for a long time.

i originally started out on a game called guitar zero. after the main developer kinda abanded project

i went over to frets on fire. i wasnt a really good author at all in my early days. but there was something i liked about it.

in about 2008 is when i started understanding authoring better and kinda creped along until i became author i am now, it wasnt easy

i know sometimes im wrong and can be blunt and dickish at times. we all have our faults. but theres one thing i dont have a fault in. and thats sharing and giving for the pleasure and benefit of others enjoyment. ive never made a cent from authoring. not one. i dont do it for fame or popularity or even downloads.

i stumbled across a clone hero streamer today playing a song i know i created. had a smile on my face glad to see there were comments people enjoying it. it was a real pleasure to see. until i went to the description box. no name was given on who made the custom.in fact there was just a link to download (all) my songs and drumbeats etc. to a patreon link of this user. in which all the content is locked behind a paywall.

i dont care if the streamer wants to make money. i really dont give a fuck.

what i do give a fuck about is the proper credits going to the CREATOR of said custom. which is me.

at least give me that decency. that respect. and list it in your fucking description box

i dont know what the rules and relationship of clone hero or c3

this concerns me

Oddbrother
    Participant

If crediting is the only concern here, bring it into question in private. Chances are he’ll comply, re-structure his stream and content, and open up more to both communities.

Ideally, C3 and Clone Hero have no feud with each other (only beef between select few members). Just saying, it isn’t good to judge a large group from the actions of a small few.

no judgement has been passed.

as you see i never said what song or streamer to avoid any drama etc.

def gives me alittle bit to think about.

In my opinion I think most of the people have to credit the author. Always! I mean in all cases. Now if you see somebody playing one of your charts and it doesn’t credit you, or credit himself, you should warn him or write him.

moc_os
      Participant

That does sound messed up. Im making a clone game for mac, it is not complete but one thing i did put in is the charter name in the title screen for every song. I havent used any customs for demo videos but will make sure i attribute if i do. Also im not planning on making money or linking my own hosted downloads to other peoples creations.

well it doesn’t matter much

and shouldn’t have to tell someone hey give me credit for my work.

they should know better. and have the decency to do so.

that’s the problem with people they take but don’t give especially when its free.

between this and losing my hearing for 2 months I haven’t authored a custom in 6 months

I have no plans on making any more any time soon.

the past 8 months has not been very kind to me

as far as this thread it can be locked and deleted.

as it doesnt really matter to me anymore

just let it go.

Jimi369

Sorry to read about your condition. I hope things pick up for you from here.

-Thread locked by request of the OP-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • The topic ‘A question regarding clone hero streamers’ is closed to new replies.
        Back to top button