A few random questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Working on finishing up the charting of a couple songs (Never There by Cake and Friday I’m in Love by The Cure), and I had a few questions:

• If I’m doing very well on an instrument, 99+%, and I’m barely making it to gold stars, how to I make that easier to hit? Just add more overdrive sections? Is there any other way to adjust scoring?
    • I’m not getting multi-pitch syllables working correctly. I have a note subsequent to the first one, with a lyric that matches it but with a space-plus on the end (so if the first note’s lyric is “oh” the second note’s lyric is “oh +”, without the quotes of course), but when I play the song I’m seeing two lyrics one two individual notes, one that’s “oh” and the other that’s “oh +”. Am I messing up the syntax for pitch slides somehow?
    • Is there a good resource for all the events you can put in your track? I’m having a hard time finding good info on the creators cached pages. There’s lots of venue information, but I often hear about other events that are new to me.

Thanks!

Farottone
    Keymaster
      Working on finishing up the charting of Friday I’m in Love by The Cure

WANT.

If I’m doing very well on an instrument, 99+%, and I’m barely making it to gold stars, how to I make that easier to hit? Just add more overdrive sections? Is there any other way to adjust scoring?

Remember to use unison phrases, but as a general rule, yes, add more OD phrases when they’re not enough. And besides OD authoring rules, songs with long pauses, etc. calls for some fine tuning of the OD placement.

I’m not getting multi-pitch syllables working correctly. I have a note subsequent to the first one, with a lyric that matches it but with a space-plus on the end (so if the first note’s lyric is “oh” the second note’s lyric is “oh +”, without the quotes of course), but when I play the song I’m seeing two lyrics one two individual notes, one that’s “oh” and the other that’s “oh +”. Am I messing up the syntax for pitch slides somehow?

Yes. The first note has the syllable, the following notes have only “+”.

Aha! Thanks!

Another question: Is the dryvox track just used for lipsync? Or is it played over the track when you play the song? Basically I’m wondering whether I can generate lipsync from someone just singing/saying the lyrics at the right time.

espher
      Participant

Just for lipsync. Yes, you can have someone sing/say the lyrics in that track (I was recently told that spoken word is best for it).

Farottone
        Keymaster
          Another question: Is the dryvox track just used for lipsync? Or is it played over the track when you play the song? Basically I’m wondering whether I can generate lipsync from someone just singing/saying the lyrics at the right time.

It’s actually not used only for lipsync but for scoring purposes too. Spoken is better.

espher
          Participant

It’s actually not used only for lipsync but for scoring purposes too. Spoken is better.

I thought it was just scoring for talkies. Huh. Good to know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button