2x Bass Pedal Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

When I try to compile a song with the midi having both the 1x and 2x versions of drums in the same file, everything works except the title for 2x doesn’t have the ‘(2x Bass Pedal)’ tag at the end in-game nor in Visualizer. I’ve tried selecting the 2x picture in Magma and also changing the songs.dta, but it will not change. Anyone know why? I’ve compiled 2x songs in the past (though, a while ago) and they’ve worked fine before.

Sideshow
    Participant

I can’t imagine what could be the issue as long as your using the newest version of C3 roks Magma and the track name has “_2x” in it.

I can’t imagine what could be the issue as long as your using the newest version of C3 roks Magma and the track name has “_2x” in it.

Both of those things are the case.

Well, I decided I had no choice except to compile as two separate MIDIs. So I did so, changing the song title manually to “(2x Bass Pedal).” Although when I attempt to do that, Magma forces me to check the 2x icon instead, which is fine. However, I compile and STILL no “(2x Bass Pedal)” showing up as the title of the song. I have no idea why this is all of a sudden a problem. If anyone knows why please help.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Is this in game or in the Visualizer?

Both.

Sideshow
        Participant

Have you tried compiling another song recently that is 2X Bass Pedal? There has got to be something fishy with the midi file or your Reaper project.

Just did. I tried compiling a different song I’m about to release, on a different computer too. Same issue.

Sideshow
          Participant

I would try doing a fresh install of C3 Magma Roks edition. If your clicking the “2X Bass Pedal” box in Magma and have the drum tracks in Reaper named correctly then I don’t know what else to say.

I switched to the latest version of C3’s magma as well as wiping my customs sticks and switching from using party buffalo to RBtoUSB. Both of these things fixed any issue I’ve ever had post-compiling.

Thanks guys, seems the issue for this later custom was not checking the 2x bass pedal icon, I thought that was implied when compiling both MIDIs. However I’ll have to see tomorrow about my other custom in which I’m pretty sure I had that checked.

Sideshow
            Participant

Yes, I believe if you don’t check the 2X Bass Pedal box in Magma the song will not show 2X Bass Pedal in game. I did this recently when compiling all those Mars Volta songs and caught it during QA.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button