2112: RB3 or GH:WoR?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

So, forgive what is probably heresy here, but does anyone prefer playing 2112 in GH:WoR over RB3, or am I alone in that?

My first rhythm game was GHWoR, on the Wii, and I absolutely thought the 2112 part was brilliant. I also got and played 2112 on RB3 on the Xbox later on, and I missed the narration and animations that GH:WoR combined with the music.

Now I want to experience it again, and I’ve never played through GH:WoR on the Xbox, so I’m planning to play through the storyline just so I can play the 2112 part.

So what do you think, the no-frills RB3 version, or the narrative GH:WoR version?

*Keep in mind I only played it back on the Wii on GH:WoR when I knew nothing about these things, so I don’t even know if the RB3 version has better audio quality or something. I’m talking purely from an experience point of view. And also I know obviously the GH:WoR version doesn’t have harmonies or keys or RB style drum charts (what I’d be playing).

I like that the GH version is split into more parts so I can just jump into Grand Finale any time I want, but the charting is much better in the RB version.

Farottone
      Keymaster
        I like that the GH version is split into more parts so I can just jump into Grand Finale any time I want, but the charting is much better in the RB version.

Yeah. 2112 in GH:WoR is a nice novelty but I don’t think I have ever seen any chart I’d take from GH over RB (except maybe Freebird but only because of how the cymbals are laid out on the GH kit).

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Well, poop. Now I’m questioning how wise this idea was.

Well, poop. Now I’m questioning how wise this idea was.

We are calmly just stating our opinion, I don’t see the problem

Anonymous

The only GH I played was World Tour, I believe it was called… And I like Rock Band 3 in general more so than that.

I don’t know about WoR or any other GH/RB game so can’t say much else than that, sorry.

Enjoyed them both.

The thing I disliked about the WOR version was that there was no way to just play it as one big track.

Oddbrother
            Participant

Segments from GH, charts from RB.

EdTanguy
              Participant

I liked that GH had custom venues for 2112 as well as their usual custom animations for special songs (See also: Bohemian Rhapsody, Old Time Rock and Roll, Time Warp, etc etc) it made the game more immersive for me and so i liked the narratives because it was an experience, whereas for RB3, it felt like just another song, but sometimes that’s all i want

Gigakoops
                Participant

I strongly prefer Rock Band’s release of the song, simply because I really like playing the song in one sitting, as opposed to making it a setlist of many smaller parts. It’s actually one of my favorite songs available for Rock Band, since it’s really fun, varied, and well worth the 20-some-odd-minute minute playthrough.

Bryan2Blazed
                  Participant

Now I want to experience it again, and I’ve never played through GH:WoR on the Xbox, so I’m planning to play through the storyline just so I can play the 2112 part.

I haven’t done this either. 2112 is still locked on my WoR quickplay. Trying to unlock it together online?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button