12 Days of Chartmas – Day 2, Slot 2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bansheeflyer

Graphic by BornGamerRob

Welcome to the first “12 Days of Chartmas” event! This is a celebration of three events: Rock Band 3’s 10-year anniversary, C3 Release’s anniversary, and of course the holiday season! What better way to celebrate these three events than with a bunch of custom chart releases! From December 21st to January 1st we’re planning to have at least one release of new content per day, making it 12 days of customs!

For those who have participated in Chart-a-thon or any other of our events will have an idea of the process but notice that there are going to be a few differences than what we’ve done in the past. First and foremost because this is simply a fun event and not tied to any other initiative or charity this will be a lot less strict in terms of the content this time.

What should I expect to see?
      We will be presenting songs from across artists, genres, and decades to celebrate the music that brought us all together. While there aren’t any strict guidelines on how complete the songs need to be most of what you’ll see will be fully authored customs.

When should I expect these releases?
      Below is the general schedule that releases will follow. Please keep in mind that since this is a less restrictive event that there may not be releases on every single time slot but most of these will be filled. Make sure to check the bottom of each new post which will tell you when to expect the next release! Additionally there will be two special days, one on Christmas Eve and one on New Year’s Eve. These will have unique events so keep an eye out!

Enjoy and have a great holiday season!

Special thank you to BornGamerRob for the awesome graphic!

Bansheeflyer

12 Days of Chartmas – Day 1 Slot 1

(Originally posted by RubyDanger)

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…
        AC/DC!!!!
        SomeOldGuys are here to kick of Banshee’s 12 Days of Christmas in style!!
        We bring to you the full album release of the new 2020 AC/DC album, Pwr/Up!!
        I hope you grabbed Shot In the Dark before it was pulled due to being DLC.
        SomeOldGuys are made up of:
        Mr Prezident
        jksrb
        IaSg14
        Jerrylive365
        rubydanger
        and our newest addition handling venues, CapnKris

Enjoy and Happy Holidays

Stay tuned for the next release from Banshee at roughly 11:00 AM PST

Bansheeflyer

12 Days of Chartmas – Day 1 Slot 2

It’s 21/12 Day! You know what that means…

That’s right, more Rush for Rock Band! This rather eventful year started off early when the talented and iconic drummer Neil Peart passed away from brain cancer and we’re dedicating this release in his honor to close out the year. Here we bring two tracks from Presto which brings us closer to full album completion!

Rush – Red Tide

Drums – DoNotPassGo, farottone
          Vocals – farottone, Bansheeflyer

Not the most subtle of songs on the topic of climate change but the fast-paced tempo and lyrical content are effective at portraying a sense of urgency to change how we affect the environment now before it’s too late.

Rush – Hand Over Fist

Drums – Bansheeflyer, farottone, DoNotPassGo
          Vocals – farottone, Bansheeflyer

The use of “rock, paper, scissors” as an analogy sounds a little silly at first but I always interpreted this song as a double-meaning. There’s both the aforementioned “rock, paper, scissors” game and the reference to “hand over hand”, a nautical term for the action of pulling rope. Here I see “fist” representing human combatativeness, where “hand” represents cooperation. To me the title of the song always implied that it’s better to use your hand instead of your fist, to invite cooperation rather than combat.

Up next will feature VreyisGrey in the upcoming 7:00 PM PST release!

Bansheeflyer

12 Days of Chartmas Day 1 Slot 3

(Originally posted by VreyisGrey)

I was originally gonna release these two for 12DOC individually on separate days, but I decided why not give you guys a two in one? I was a little hesitant, given that these two songs aren’t really related, but I realized they both had a common theme and genre: a feel good pop song. So I’m merging these two together in a pack.
            Kero Kero Bonito – Flamingo

Yes, I should’ve done this a long time ago.

This song got its popularity from a Clone Hero chart by Chezy, so naturally, it would’ve been brought to Rock Band at some point. So here it is.

I’ve done something a little bit different, however. In order to keep players of both guitar and keys engaged instead of just sitting there waiting for their part, in the parts where only one synth is playing (except for bass), some parts are charted to both guitar and keys, although they do have variation in what parts are picked. Don’t worry, they’re not exactly the same. This decision might be a little bit controversial, but I don’t care. I made the decision a while back and it’s honestly too late to just go back and change it, and plus I wanna bring out the extra fun when you play this at parties 😉

Nevertheless, enjoy the memes.

Andrew Huang – Good Run

(note: for some reason, the URL is displaying as being Flamingo. This is not the case).

This chilled out tune by Andrew Huang was released on “Stars” in 2017. I saw that the stems for this song were available when I subscribed to his Patreon, and I knew what I had to do.

Sometimes drums plays a complex shuffle beat, but other times it’s very basic, but that doesn’t mean boring.

Bass plays a very repetitive upbeat rhythm, and guitar plays a mix of strings and actual guitar. However, there are palm mutes in the stem, and with the palm mutes charted, I thought it would be very tedious and not fun to play, so I removed them.

Keys is probably the most fun, switching between synth pads, quick fun and upbeat melodies, and rhodes.

Vocals is pretty easy if you know the song, but it’s still fun to sing.

This song has a venue that I’m really proud of; hope you enjoy!

Up next is Yaniv! Stay tuned for 3:00AM PST!

Bansheeflyer

12 Days of Chartmas Day 2 Slot 1

(Originally posted by Yaniv)

BIG STAR!

So now it’s time for the masters of power-pop, “one of the most mythic and influential cult acts in all of rock & roll” – Big Star!
              This 3-pack includes 2 upgrades to old drum-only customs, and one brand new song.

Thirteen

This absolutely classic might not be the best fit for RB, being an acoustic guitar song without drums – but on the upside, it’s one of the best rock songs of all times, so it gets a pass! This classic anthem of innocence and adolescence, amazing love song, covered by everyone from Elliott Smith to Garbage, is now in Rock Band, and it’s a delight to play.

Kizza Me

The next two songs originate from Big Star’s masterpiece in my opinion, the perfect, melancholy “Third/Sister Lovers”. “Kizza Me” opens that record in a storm of unhinged rock’n’roll. “I want to white out”, sings Alex Chilton, as the band enters a soaring chorus with some great instrumental jamming. It’s one of the “sanest” song on that insane record – and it’s still an absolute banger.

Thank You Friends

This ultimate cynical anthem is one of the highlights of the “Third” record, a brilliant, fiery tune. Chilton thanks all the friends, “I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you” – a deeply cynical line considering Big Star’s lack of success at the time. With lovely “doo doo” backing vocals and great playing from everybody, it’s a perfect fit for RB and an all-time great song.

Please note – “Kizza Me” and “Thank You Friends” show up in the DB as drum only, but this is a full band upgrade! (well, other than keys)
              Hope you enjoyed it, next up is Kamtoch with some great stuff for you!

Bansheeflyer

12 Days of Chartmas Day 2 Slot 2

(Originally posted by Kamotch)

Hello everyone! Welcome to my single Chartmas release. I would have loved to have finished up a couple more songs by the release date, but I’m super excited to bring these five tracks to you all!

Plumtree – Scott Pilgrim

The song that inspired a graphic novel that led to film adaptation starring Michael Cera! Yes the character of Scott Pilgrim was named after a Plumtree song. Bryan Lee O’Malley was a fan and incorporated many references to the band throughout the series. The single version of this song even appears on the soundtrack for the film adaptation, but I chose to chart the album version due to personal preference. I’m not entirely sure which one came first because it’s not exactly well-documented, but the single version seems to receive more attention — even appearing on their Greatest Hits compilation! But hopefully fans of the song will appreciate it regardless of version preference.

Bloc Party – Little Thoughts

While originally released as part of a double A-side single along with the song “Tulips” as part of the Little Thoughts EP, the song would eventually find its way over to the American release of their debut LP, Silent Alarm. As this was the version of the album I originally heard, I was surprised to find out it wasn’t on the original UK release, especially considering it was one of my favorites. But I figured I’d go with the Harmonix standard of deciding which album to associate the song with. They always seemed to go by American releases, so I went with Silent Alarm.

Weezer – Slob

Weezer has always been a very divisive band. SNL even did an entire skit about people arguing about which era of Weezer is the best. Usually it boils down to two main camps: those who believe their 90’s albums and b-sides are the only good things they’ve ever produced, and those who have loyally stuck with them despite their many changes in sound throughout the years. I fall somewhere in between. While I agree that their earlier efforts were absolutely their best, there have been many more songs I’ve enjoyed since the 90’s. This particular song was apparently written in 2000 “in a very emotionally extreme moment” and it supposedly would have never made it onto an album if the fans hadn’t requested it. The song sounds like it would have fit decently well on the band’s cult album Pinkerton, but this was a time when Rivers Cuomo was still embarrassed by the initial reception that album received, so it’s not surprising to hear he wanted to dismiss it.

Modest Mouse – Dramamine

The first track on Modest Mouse’s debut LP, This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About. To this date, not enough Modest Mouse songs have been authored. But I am very surprised that this one took this long. I originally planned for a bigger release of Modest Mouse songs, but ultimately decided to aim for a more general genre pack of songs. This was one of the songs I had furthest along, and I knew it was a long time coming, so I prioritized its release over other candidates. Hope you enjoy this as a teaser for what’s to come (hopefully) not too far from now!

The Strokes – Heart in a Cage

The Strokes are surprisingly still making music this year, but I remember when their most recent release was First Impressions of Earth. That album was definitely not their best, but it was by far their most ambitious. Their first two albums are amazing but they sound pretty similar, so it was nice at the time to hear the band take some chances with their new record. The album spawned three singles, two of which have long been available to download in the database. So why did it take so long for this song to finally get charted? The answer is: I don’t know. But I do know that other authors are working on Strokes songs, and this isn’t the only song of theirs I plan on releasing. Look forward to more (hopefully) soon.

And that’s aIl! I hope most people can appreciate at least one of these songs. I love all five tracks, but believe it or not, this is my attempt to appeal to the masses! Not for credit or glory or anything; I just want to get people excited for customs during the holiday season. Speaking of which, I’m very excited for what Hamiltron, AgentSnake, and Kueller are releasing later today at 7:00 PM PST/10:00 PM EST/4:00 AM CET!

Bansheeflyer

12 Days of Chartmas Day 2 Slot 3

(Originally posted by Hamiltron)

HASHIRE SORI YO
                  KAZE NO YOU NI
                  TSUKIMIHARA WO
                  PADORU PADORU
                  It’s that time of the year, everybody!
                  Tonight I bring you glad tidings and some J-Rock songs to liven up the holidays.
                  Although these are not Christmas songs, I hope they brighten your night up nonetheless!

Ride On, Shooting Star is the iconic ending theme to FLCL. This is a song that has been in the works since I first started charting songs, so I’m happy to finally get it to you. This couldn’t have been done without help from Agent Snake on Vocals, and with Kueller who took care of general clean up. Note: Someone else did the Drums chart for this for me but for the life of me I cannot recall whom! Please, please come forward if you did so I can credit you properly!

Thanks to John Smith for doing Vocals/Keys/Drums! Lay Your Hands on Me came to popularity with the release of the anime by Studio Trigger known as “Kiznaiver”. The anime follows a group of young adults who have been made into “Kiznaivers”, in that, any physical pain is shared amongst the group of them. Lay Your Hands on Me serves as the OP Theme for anime, as well as the title of Boom Boom Satellite’s final EP and single. The duo formed in 1990 was comprised of guitarist and vocalist Michiyuki Kawashima and bassist and programmer Masayuki Nakano. Sadly, the duo broke up in 2016 due to the declining health of Kawashima. Four months after the release of Lay Your Hands on Me, Kawashima passed away. As such, this custom is dedicated in his memory.

Happy Holidays everybody! I can’t wait to see what the rest of this event has in store! Tomorrow morning, Andrew etg will be bringing you guys some great tracks, so don’t miss em!

Nintendo113
                  Participant

This is awesome, thanks for all the customs!

Dangus
                    Participant

Great work everyone.
                      (This is the same Dangus from the last forum. [Hope Frisk sees this lol])

Atruejedi
                      Participant

Great releases, but what shines brightest for me so far are the Big Star songs. Thanks a lot! Looking forward to the rest!

Harrug
                        Participant

Thanks for all of the work on these releases! Specifically excited for the Big Star songs and Dramamine, I cannot wait to play them!

yaniv297
                          Keymaster

Yay, happy people are excited for Big Star! Great releases all around.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button