Your Top 3 Creations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EchoOfMystery
    Participant

It occurred to me – despite having many customs and employing so much time and energy on all of them, we all have a few that when we see them at play we think “whoa… I’m so proud of this” and such.

Mine would be:

• 3rdRoland: One of the first I really got to completing, and I take pride in how the venue turned out. Also, the lipsync is good.
      • 2ndSong Seven (Second Demo): The camera cuts and lipsync for the guitarist by the middle of the song make for a delight for me to watch.
      • 1st Take You on a Cruise: While the others kinda shine on venue and lipsync, this one has it all! The venue, the drum chart, the vocal tubes [apparently] seamlessly passing by… ahhh.

Which of your creations you’d consider the masterpieces, the top 3 among all that you guys have done? I’d like to know what makes them special for you!

Oddbrother
      Participant
        • 3. Baby Fat: Enjoyed the novelty that was in Rock Band Blitz.
        • 2. You Are the One: Fun challenge to author venue.
        • 1. Lights: First original custom with all the qualities of a Rock Band DLC (IMO).
        EchoOfMystery
        Participant

Awesome. Thanks!

atupomaruru
          Participant

That was harder than I thought it would be, but I did my best to compose a top 3.

• 3rd: Andrea Romano – Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven): I’ve loved this piece of music ever since I was little. It’s without a doubt my favorite classical composition and one of my favorite pieces of music ever. I can play the first and second movement on piano, and I’m still practicing to get the infamous third movement down. One of my first attempts at charting was on the original, unmodded Frets on Fire, charting a MIDI version of the third movement to guitar. I recently found my old chart and it’s a horrible mess of bad wrapping and four note chords, so I hope I did myself justice with this custom many years later. It’s perhaps my favorite pro keys custom to date and playing the third movement on keytar or bass is really fun as well. I’m even really proud of the venue track I made for this, which surprises even me because it’s such an incredibly expressive piece of music and I was unsure if I’d be able to capture it well.
            • 2nd: Shimo – Nico Nico Douga Ryuuseigun (Vocaloid version): Back when I was just starting learning Japanese about six years ago I used to listen to this medley all the time. Despite my beginner level understanding of the language back then I had listened to it enough that I knew the lyrics to the entire thing by heart. I even started working on a custom of it back then, back when I was still using Audition Mode to play customs. I almost got it finished, only needing to add bass and a venue to make it truly full band. When my interest in customs was reignited and I found C3 a few years later, I went through the entire thing and retouched it, even recharting guitar from scratch, and the feeling of finally finishing it was just amazing.
            • 1st: X Japan – Art of Life: This custom should really just speak for itself. I’m so incredibly happy that this is one of my most well known customs because it was an enormous project and a labor of love to finish. I have without a doubt spent over 100, possibly close to 200 hours on authoring this, and the piano solo itself probably took about half of that time. And that’s not even counting the time it took FbS-13 to make the tempo map and drum chart that I’ve based the custom around; or the time egead spent on charting legacy guitar. I’m probably never going to author anything that can top this in scale, and I feel quite a bit of relief that that is the case.
            TrojanNemo
            Participant

1. My son Ansel

2. My daughter Amelia

3. cPlayer

EchoOfMystery
              Participant

:excited:

RongoIK
                Participant

I actually really only do Green Day songs, but these are my top three that I think are pretty decent

3. Xmas Time of The Year

My first vocal chart that has acurate slides

2. 2000 Light Years Away

Done in only two days and is one of my best charts

1. Back In the USA

Done in one day plus I just love the song

EchoOfMystery
                  Participant

I actually really only do Green Day songs, but these are my top three that I think are pretty decent

90% of my charts are Interpol songs. :haw:

ghostbyob
                    Participant

1. Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu (ft. Hatsune Miku), by Cosmo:
                      Maybe one of the hardest song I’ve ever did for Part Vocal

2. Emotions, by Galneryus:
                      in this song I put my complete ability to chart manual reductions, maybe it’s one of the most complex songs I’ve ever worked in lower difficulties.

3. Meteor (ft. Hatsune Miku & IA)(Remix), by John:

I used the complete effect from the original source of this song to do one of my best venue based/copied about a videoclip.

EchoOfMystery
                      Participant

I used the complete effect from the original source of this song to do one of my best venue based/copied about a videoclip.

Nice! Dedication always brings great results, eh? lol

BornGamerRob
                        Participant

Full band is hard to pick as I always find myself picking at something wrong and then hating the custom and vowing to myself to go back and fix it. But for drums and vocal satisfaction I’d pick:

Glass Animals – Life Itself – Figuring out how to make the drums work on this one was challenging, and even challenging to play. But once you get it, it plays like no other custom/song.

Dixie Chicks – I Can Love You Better – This is probably the most accurate drums I’ll ever author and the vocals are just plain fun.

Car Seat Headrest – Fill in the Blank – Another struggle through figuring out how to make it work on drums, but another one where it is deeply satisfying to play. My play count is absolutely at max on this one. And the cross over on vocals is fun with two people singing at the same time hearing the different perspectives.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button