Using ekit with RB3 XBOX360

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone –

I want to use my ekit with RB3, it has a MIDI out in the brain so I know it will work, however I am not sure what I can use as a MIDI adapter. I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo for demos, will that work if I get the apppropriate cables? If so, what cables would I need. Thanks for the help fellas.

akaisenshi
    Participant

All you need is a Midi Pro Adapter for Xbox 360 and a normal midi cable, should work just fine with your ekit.

All you need is a Midi Pro Adapter for Xbox 360 and a normal midi cable, should work just fine with your ekit.

Is there only one MIDI pro adapter that will work?

akaisenshi
      Participant

Yep. Basically just that if you are on 360.

Most ekits output their MIDI in a way that works perfect with that adapter. The only one that might be an issue is if you have a hi-hat pedal. Mine corresponded to a kick drum, while some will actually trigger an open/closed hi-hat. You may have to tweak the midi notes yourself on the brain to fit if there are any issues.

akaisenshi
        Participant

Yep. Basically just that if you are on 360.

Most ekits output their MIDI in a way that works perfect with that adapter. The only one that might be an issue is if you have a hi-hat pedal. Mine corresponded to a kick drum, while some will actually trigger an open/closed hi-hat. You may have to tweak the midi notes yourself on the brain to fit if there are any issues.

In my opinion it’s best to leave the hi-hat pedal alone while playing Rock Band. However, you can tweak the midi notes to whatever buttons you want (with the exception of control sticks, directional buttons, select, and start) so if you want to try using your hi-hat pedal for a second bass pedal or whatever else, you can. I have my hi-hat pedal to activate yellow cymbals, haven’t really gotten much use since I already have two kick pedals though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button