The C3 Hint Thread: September 5th, 2014 Edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Another week, another guessing game! This week have a set theme for it, so if you manage to guess that as well you will be awarded with (virtual) cookies beyond your wildest imagination (with the help of MS Paint)!

• Looking at the critical reception for the album this song comes from, the name of the band who performs it is rather amusing
    • Residents of Columbia might be familiar with this tune, though in a very different version than most other people know
    • Despite the song title and the band name, this song has nothing to do with Halloween. The music video involves a lot of fancy costumes though
    • Arguably the biggest hit of this Scandinavian band, appearing in multiple films as well as in a family mini-series revolving around a haunted castle
    • This song by a English band appears to have a ridiculous amount of versions of it recorded
    • A song from the side project of a member of a band, and that band have a lot of songs in Rock Band. The overuse of the word “band” is not a clue by the way, I am just splashing around with words because I am bad with grammar.

Guess away!

The Smashing Pumpkins – Tonight, Tonight for number 3. No way it’s anything else.

If song one is by Failure this is going to be the best week ever.

oh i hope to God you are right about tonight tonight. We need more smashing pumpkins

I noticed the Columbia with a u.

Bioshock Infinite song?

5 seems like Yesterday by The Beatles, but I think we already have that in The Beatles : Rock Band.

6 might be Queensryche, The Police, or Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.

5 – Let it Be – The Beatles

Bioshock Infinite song?

Ooh I bet you’re right. And most of those songs are already in RB in some form or another (Rule The World, Fortunate Son, etc.) so it’s almost certainly God Only Knows. :v:

5 seems like Yesterday by The Beatles, but I think we already have that in The Beatles : Rock Band.

My thought too.

The Smashing Pumpkins – Tonight, Tonight for number 3. No way it’s anything else.

That would be sweet. Great song for Rock Band.

questionmark
    Participant

Bioshock Infinite song?

>>Ooh I bet you’re right. And most of those songs are already in RB in some form or another (Rule The World, >>Fortunate Son, etc.) so it’s almost certainly God Only Knows. :v:

What about Shiny Happy People? That’s the other that doesn’t have C3 treatment…and farrotone recently did another batch of R.E.M…

Edit: screwed up the quote formatting. Oh well, I’m on a phone.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

I don’t know what the hints are for (even though I know the setlist I can never match hints to songs), but I will clarify something.

Yesterday was not on TBRB.

Number 3 might be The Smashing Pumpkins – Ava Adore.

naginalJJ
        Participant

If Tonight Tonight and Yesterday are correct guesses, then my guess at the theme is times of day or something along those lines.

• This song by a English band appears to have a ridiculous amount of versions of it recorded

Probably not the case, but can’t help but think of New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle with this. I feel like that song does have a bunch of different official versions of it.

Nyxyxylyth
          Participant

Probably not the case, but can’t help but think of New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle with this. I feel like that song does have a bunch of different official versions of it.

OK, not as many versions as THAT – this is more of a one-hit wonder. Plus, wrong vocal gender.

OK, not as many versions as THAT – this is more of a one-hit wonder. Plus, wrong vocal gender.

Damn, I was feeling good about that one. :smith:

Nyxyxylyth
            Participant
              Damn, I was feeling good about that one. :smith:

If I were to do Bizarre Love Triangle, it’d have to be Frente’s version.

I don’t know what the hints are for (even though I know the setlist I can never match hints to songs), but I will clarify something.

Yesterday was not on TBRB.

Well, that’s sad.

Noticed the week theme though, so I was wrong. (start playing Social Distortion at the sight if I Was Wrong)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button