SteveHasAMustache WIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SteveHasAMustache
    Participant

Edit 8/10/17: Better organization

Hey there, everyone! I recently started sharing some customs I’ve made, so I figured it would be good to start a WIP thread. So I’m going to have a list here of the customs I’m working on, as well as ones that I’ve mostly finished, but have to touch up a bit before posting (things that are charted, but need animations, lip syncing, etc.)

I’ll also be organizing customs by stage. Stages will be as follows: Setup (tempo mapping, beat track, etc.), Charting (writing out the parts, usually including reductions and animations), and Cleanup (lip syncing, testing customs, other miscellaneous things I didn’t do before).

Alright, let’s get to it.

Format: Artist – Song – Remaining work in current stage

Stage 1: Setup

Canadian Softball – Great Again – Practice sections

Canadian Softball – Peev Shalpatine – Practice sections

Canadian Softball – Your Validation – Practice sections

Pat Metheny Group – The Way Up – Tempo map, beat track

Stage 2: Charting

Andromeda – Antidote – Keys, Vocals

Arch Echo – Arch Echo (Full Album) – Bass, Guitar, Keys

At the Drive-In – Arcarsenal – Drums, Keys, Vocals

Canadian Softball – Ohio is for Emo Kids – Drums, Bass

The Faceless – Autotheist – Bass, Keys, Vocals

Ghost – Deus in Absentia – Keys

Haken – Crystallised – All instruments

Haken – Falling Back to Earth – Keys

Haken – In Memoriam – Bass, Guitar, Keys

Haken – Pareidolia – Keys, Vocals

Nekrogoblikon – Bells & Whistles – Bass, Guitar, Keys, Vocals

NOFX – The Decline – Bass, Guitar, Vocals

OSTER Project – Blue Rose – Drums, Bass, Keys

Pat Metheny Trio – Lone Jack (Live) – Drums

Periphery – Froggin Bullfish – All instruments

Periphery – The Scourge – Vocals

Shardborne – Qualia – All instruments

Spock’s Beard – Long Time Suffering – Bass, Guitar, Keys, Vocals

Spock’s Beard – The 39th Street Blues (I’m Sick) – Keys

Tenacious D – City Hall – Vocals

Stage 3: Cleanup

Andromeda – Two Is One – reductions, overdrive, lip sync

Gnarls Barkley – Gone Daddy Gone – reductions, overdrive, lip sync

Robert Benfer – Chili Dog Hands – reductions, overdrive, practice sections, animations, lip sync

So, there’s everything I’m working on at the moment. Some are more complete than others, some get more attention, but they’re all things that I intend to finish eventually.

You’ve got some cool stuff planned, however:

Strapping Young Lad – Velvet Kevorkian/All Hail the New Flesh

I’ve already basically finished this as part of my upcoming SYL pack

spiralshadow123
      Participant

There’s already a custom for Meshuggah – Straws Pulled At Random. Are you starting from scratch or adding to that one?

SteveHasAMustache
        Participant

You’ve got some cool stuff planned, however:

I’ve already basically finished this as part of my upcoming SYL pack

Well, that makes my life a little easier.

There’s already a custom for Meshuggah – Straws Pulled At Random. Are you starting from scratch or adding to that one?

Ah, sorry, don’t know how I missed that one. Now that you mention it, though, I would like to add to it.

I’ll remove them both from the list.

nsw1-6
          Participant

Spock’s Beard – The Light

Spock’s Beard – The Water

I had done drums for The Light previously, and currently touching up the tempo map. I also have a rough tempo map of The Water ready (just needs a bit of finalizing). If you want to collab on the stuff, I’m down.

SteveHasAMustache
            Participant

I had done drums for The Light previously, and currently touching up the tempo map. I also have a rough tempo map of The Water ready (just needs a bit of finalizing). If you want to collab on the stuff, I’m down.

Yeah, I’d like that. All I actually had done on both of those songs were the expert drum parts, so I’m not losing a whole lot on them. Anything in particular you’d have me do on them?

nsw1-6
              Participant

Yeah, I’d like that. All I actually had done on both of those songs were the expert drum parts, so I’m not losing a whole lot on them. Anything in particular you’d have me do on them?

Sent you a PM.

I’ve got Drums and Bass/Pro Bass done on Luminol. What have you got so far?

Strapping Young Lad? Devin Townsend? Between The Buried and Me? and GREAT choices hell yeah!

SteveHasAMustache
                Participant

I’ve got Drums and Bass/Pro Bass done on Luminol. What have you got so far?

Almost nothing, actually. That was one of the ones that’s in the super early stages. Speaking of which, I should probably add in what I still need to do on all of these.

In any case, since you’ve actually done some of it already, I could work on anything else you want me to do on it, chart-wise. That is, if you’re up for it.

Almost nothing, actually. That was one of the ones that’s in the super early stages. Speaking of which, I should probably add in what I still need to do on all of these.

In any case, since you’ve actually done some of it already, I could work on anything else you want me to do on it, chart-wise. That is, if you’re up for it.

Pro Keys would probably take me a long time, as I don’t yet have the skills to author by ear. If you’re willing to do that, that would be great. No need to hurry, however. I’m finishing up a few shorter songs first.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button