Septekka’s WIP/Plans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

==DISCLAIMER==

this work-in-progress list is now rather heavily outdated. some things on here i’m still doing, some things on here i may not doing anymore (at least not any time soon), and some things i may be doing but not in the order i originally outlined in this list. also there’s many things that are not on this list that i am planning to do, but i can’t really reveal or change much here because C3X requires a certain level of secrecy, y’know? anyway if you really need to know whether something is still happening or not, please PM me!

Since I’ve now decided to reveal what I’m working on or planning to work on, rather than keeping things a secret (but giving hints) up until release like the old C3 days, this is where I’ll list my WIPs and ideas.

I listen to like, a lot of different shit, and so there’s a lot of music that I really want to chart – but charting takes time, and I can only do so much. What I list here is the immediate pack ideas I have bouncing around in my head that I feel like I’ll probably do soon. These are subject to change, of course, since I might suddenly decided I really want to chart something, but I’ll most likely stick with this.

edit: Previously I had a list of songs I wanted to do, with asterisks indicating priority. I’ve now come to terms with the fact that I have wayyyy more things I want to chart than I have time to chart them, so pack sizes have been reduced accordingly to only the songs I really want to chart.

Without further ado, my WIPs/plans:

Grimes: daily reminder to be nice to her wow she’s elon musk’s girlfriend now

• “My Sister Says the Saddest Things” [D/B/K]
    • “Genesis” [DONE]
    • “Oblivion” [DONE]
    • “Flesh Without Blood” [D/B/G/K/V]
    • “Kill v. Maim” [D]
    • “Realiti” [D]

SleepDopesmoker: the fucking behemoth. aka “dude weed lmao”

• “Dopesmoker” [D]

Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 3 – Kid A)

• “Everything in Its Right Place” [D/B/K]
    • “Kid A”
    • “The National Anthem”
    • “How to Disappear Completely”
    • “Treefingers”
    • “Optimistic”
    • “In Limbo”
    • “Idioteque”
    • “Morning Bell”
    • “Motion Picture Soundtrack”

The Sad Pack: do you love moping and feeling sorry for yourself? because i sure fuckin do

• The Cure – “Pictures of You”
    • Low – “Words” (maybe Lullaby instead)
    • Red House Painters – “Katy Song”

Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 4 – Amnesiac)

• “Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box”
    • “Pyramid Song”
    • “Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors”
    • “I Might Be Wrong”
    • “Knives Out”
    • “Dollars and Cents”
    • “Life in a Glasshouse”

Indie Epics Pack: hey we can do long songs too

• Have a Nice Life – “Earthmover”
    • The Microphones – “I Want Wind to Blow”/”The Glow Pt, 2”
    • Sufjan Stevens – “Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois”/”The Black Hawk War”/”Come On! Feel the Illinoise!”

(sorry i’m cheating a bit by doing combined songs that flow into each other. also that the Sufjan song isn’t Impossible Soul)

Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 5 – Hail to the Thief)

• “2 + 2 = 5”
    • “Sit Down. Stand Up.”
    • “Sail to the Moon.”
    • “Go to Sleep.”
    • “Where I End and You Begin.”
    • “The Gloaming.”
    • “There There.”
    • “A Punchup at a Wedding.”
    • “Myxomatosis.”
    • “A Wolf at the Door.”

Godspeed You! Black Emperor: bagpipes on keys. also crescendos

• “East Hastings”
    • “Moya”

Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 6 – In Rainbows)

• “15 Step” (update)
    • “Bodysnatchers”
    • “Weird Fishes/Arpeggi” (update)
    • “All I Need”
    • “Faust Arp”
    • “House of Cards”
    • “Jigsaw Falling into Place”
    • “Videotape”

The Mars Volta – De-Loused in the Comatorium: the best prog rock album of the 21st century, AKA mariachi slipknot

• “Son et Lumière”/”Inertiatic ESP”
    • “Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)”
    • “Tira Me a las Arañas”/”Drunkship of Lanterns”
    • “Eriatarka”
    • “Cicatriz ESP”
    • “This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed”
    • “Televators”
    • “Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt”

(hnnnng there’s so many TMV songs that would be amazing to play in RB but I just had to do this album)

Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 7 – The King of Limbs)

• “Bloom”
    • “Lotus Flower”
    • “Codex”
    • “Separator”

Radiohead: Rock Band (Part 8 – A Moon Shaped Pool)

• “Burn the Witch”
    • “Daydreaming”
    • “Decks Dark”
    • “Ful Stop”
    • “Identikit”
    • “Present Tense”
    • “True Love Waits”

Supertramp – Crime of the Century: finishing up one of the best prog/art rock albums ever

• “Hide in Your Shell”
    • “Asylum”
    • Rudy”
    • “If Everyone Was Listening”
    • “Crime of the Century”

(“School,” “Bloody Well Right,” and “Dreamer” have already been done by Farottone)

Elliott Smith – Either/Or: the tragic indie folk legend’s finest hour

• “Speed Trials”
    • “Alameda”
    • “Ballad of Big Nothing”
    • “Between the Bars”
    • “Pictures of Me”
    • “No Name No. 5”
    • “Rose Parade”
    • “Punch and Judy”
    • “Angeles”
    • “Cupid’s Trick”
    • “2:45 A.M.”
    • “Say Yes”

(Arguably) Prog Metal Pack: we can hit the notes the goodest and mostest

• Agalloch – In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion”
    • Between the Buried and Me – “Backwards Marathon”
    • ISIS – “In Fiction” (the band, not the terrorist group)
    • maudlin of the Well – “The Curve That to an Angle Turn’d”
    • Pain of Salvation – “In the Flesh”

Classic Prog Pack: hold up prog metal guys, we hit the notes the goodest and mostest before when you were just little babbies

• Frank Zappa – “Willie the Pimp”
    • Gentle Giant – “Pantagruel’s Nativity”
    • King Crimson – “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic, Part One”
    • Pink Floyd – “Us and Them/Any Colour You Like”

Jazz Rap Pack: hip-hop haters btfo

• A Tribe Called Quest – “Jazz (We’ve Got)”
    • Digable Planets – “Black Ego”
    • The Roots – “Ain’t Sayin’ Nothin’ New” (arguably jazz rap)

Fall Out Boy Pack: my heart will always be in a mid-2000s scene phase

• “20 Dollar Nosebleed”
    • “Saturday”
    • “The (After) Life of the Party”
    • “What a Catch, Donnie”
    • “XO”

90s Hip-Hop Classics Pack: sick of subtitles

• Nas – “The World Is Yours”
    • The Notorious B.I.G. – “Juicy”
    • Wu-Tang Clan – “C.R.E.A.M.”

Jeff Rosenstock Pack (or, the Jeff Rosenpack): *emphatic yelling*

• “Nausea”
    • “USA”
    • “We Begged 2 Explode”
    • stretchgoal: Worry Suite (“Blast Damage Days”/”Bang on the Door”/”Rainbow”/”Planet Luxury”/”HELLLLHOOOOLE”/”June 21st”/”The Fuzz”/”…While You’re Alive”/”Perfect Sound Whatever”)

(not sure how “The Diamond Sea” is going to work out but fuck if i’m not gonna try)

Modest Mouse: Rock Band

• ???

The “Drums Workshop” is an idea that I started doing some time ago but over time I kinda lost interest in updating it. I might bring it back someday, but consider it “archived” for now.

Hi there! This is my drums-only section, where I post drums-only charts of songs, in a similar vein to some others around here who are primarily drum authors.

Click here to visit my main thread where I post full band customs.

These projects include:

• Tempo map
    • Fully charted expert drums
    • Hand-edited drum animations
    • Drum fills

These charts are meant to be an aid or a starting point for authors who would rather save time, or who are not proficient with tempo mapping or drums authoring. They can also be utilized to help polish an existing chart. Before you ask, no, I will not compile these charts and release them as playable songs as-is. These are meant to be a work in progress, a base, not a finished custom.

Charting drums is my favorite part of authoring. It’s what I’m best at, especially when charting by ear, and I play actual real life drums as well. Thus, it’s become fun, like a hobby, just an interesting activity – I’ll make a drum chart for a song I like even if it were never going to be in the game. Leading off of that, even if there’s already a completely perfect full band chart of a song I like available, I’d still want to make a drum chart just for fun/exercise, despite that it’ll never actually get played. Thus, there will be songs posted here that other people have already charted, as long as it’s not an official/C3 release. If you would rather I not do that when you’re the author of an existing version of the song, send me a PM.

Generally, when I release an album-themed pack, I’ll release the other songs from that album as drum charts.

So yeah, if you want to use one of these charts, make sure you send me a PM to let me know, and perhaps I’ll even help out and collaborate with whatever you want to do with it.

Keep in mind that I don’t want this to just become “Download musicdrum charts‘ free!”, so all the downloads will only contain an RPP – therefore, you’ll have to use your own audio. If you’re having trouble getting your audio to sync up with the tempo map, I can help with that.

Anyway, here’s the downloads.

(the dots represent suggested difficulty tiers)

Led Zeppelin

1973 – Houses of the Holy

3. Over the Hills and Far Away

4. The Crunge
    5. Dancing Days
    6. D’yer Mak’er
    8. The Ocean

I held off on starting this thread until now because I believe all of the songs from Houses of the Holy had been released with at least drums in Sideshow’s thread by Oscarj08 or narutostarwars123456. So, starting this when I released my 3-pack from that album would have been pretty redundant. Either way, here they are if you’re interested despite more complete versions already existing.

Muse

2001 – Origin of Symmetry

7. Micro Cuts
    8. Screenager
    9. Darkshines
    10. Feeling Good
    11. Megalomania
    12. Futurism (Bonus)

Interesting how it’s just the entire second half of the album that hasn’t had anything done yet. If anyone wants to finish Darkshines, I’d be totally down to work with you on that.

Theme Packs

Burnout 3 Soundtrack

1. No Motiv – Independence Day •••◦◦

2. Amber Pacific – Always You

4. Funeral for a Friend – Rookie of the Year

9. Autopilot Off – Make a Sound ••••◦

12. Pennywise – Rise Up •••••

14. The F-Ups – Lazy Generation •••◦◦

15. The Lot Six – Autobrats ••••◦

16. Sahara Hotnights – Hot Night Crash •••◦◦

17. Eighteen Visions – I Let Go ••••◦

19. From First to Last – Populace in Two •••••

20. Sugarcult – Memory •••◦◦

21. Finger Eleven – Stay in Shadow •••◦◦

23. Local H – Everyone Alive •••◦◦

24. Maxeen – Please ••••◦

25. New Found Glory – At Least I’m Known for Something ••••◦

27. Go Betty Go – C’mon •••◦◦

28. Moments in Grace – Broken Promises •••◦◦

29. Midtown – Give It Up ••••◦

30. 1208 – Fall Apart •••••

32. Rise Against – Paper Wings •••••

33. The Bouncing Souls – Sing Along Forever •••◦◦

34. The Matches – Audio Blood •••◦◦

35. Silent Drive – 4/16 •••••

36. The Explosion – Here I Am •••◦◦

37. The D4 – Come On! ••••◦

38. The Mooney Suzuki – Shake That Bush Again •••••

39. Mudmen – Animal ••••◦

42. Atreyu – Right Side of the Bed •••••

43. Letter Kills – Radio Up •••◦◦

(notes: “C’mon C’mon,” “I Wanna Be Sedated,” “I’m Not Okay (I Promise),” and “Decent Days and Nights” are already official HMX songs. “Heart Full of Black” was omitted because the mixing made it very difficult to chart drums (muddy bass) and I didn’t like the song that much anyway.

I’ll totally help out if anyone wants to finish “Make a Sound,” “Populace in Two,” “Rookie of the Year,” “Audio Blood,” “Independence Day,” “Please,” “Paper Wings,” “4/16,” or “Hot Night Crash.”

Someone i think is doing drums of all muse songs.

Edit

Yeah, so far he got Absolution, Black Holes And Revelations, Drones, Origin Of Symmetry and The 2nd Law done.

Updated this thread to include my WIPs and plans.

Also added the rest of the Burnout 3 soundtrack to the drums workshop.

Just updated this to include the RH:RB packs, and now it also goes way further into the futureeee.

updated OP to add a few more ideas for future packs (from “Indie Epics” onward), because i love to plan for things that probably won’t actually be done until like 2021

Derek
    Participant

Goddammit, I’ve never been more excited over one WIP list. Do you plan on charting the BOC synths to guitar or keys? And Godspeed, holy shit. And Slowdive! And finally some love for Isis. And more Radiohead. Keeping an eye on this thread and am highly looking forward to whatever you may be working on, going forward.

Derek
      Participant

Forgot to mention the hype for more De-Loused charts. Hellelujah. I really hope some of these ideas see fruition.

Do you plan on charting the BOC synths to guitar or keys?

I’ll most likely split the different synth parts between both of them, though with keys taking priority.

I really hope some of these ideas see fruition.

As long as I’m still authoring, I’ll keep chipping away at this list, and I don’t plan on stopping any time soon. It’s just a matter of when I’ll get to them.

Derek
        Participant

I don’t know if you’d be interested in them, but I recall seeing some Isis charts over on FOF. I’m fairly sure In Fiction was one of them, and I know some others had drums and bass included with guitar. They may or may not be a pain in the ass to straight-up convert, but at the very least they could lay some groundwork? Just food for thought. I’d been trying to rally a conversion for them for some time now.

Lowlander2
          Participant

About to set up my own WIP thread, pop into every recent one to make sure I’m not stepping on toes, and I see you plan to do Dopesmoker? I’ll be surprised if that doesn’t break the game, but at least vox will be an easy chart. C on every note except for like two.

Updated OP with a couple changes to planned packs, and a couple new additions – most importantly a song that, due to recent developments, I’m dropping everything else I’m doing to chart right now.

Figured a couple months is long enough to wait to respond to these…

I don’t know if you’d be interested in them, but I recall seeing some Isis charts over on FOF. I’m fairly sure In Fiction was one of them, and I know some others had drums and bass included with guitar. They may or may not be a pain in the ass to straight-up convert, but at the very least they could lay some groundwork? Just food for thought. I’d been trying to rally a conversion for them for some time now.

To be honest, I’d rather start from scratch in most cases since I just find charting as part of the fun, especially when authoring guitar and drums which are the most commonly already-done instruments. A lot of FOF charts tend to have dodgy tempo maps, anyway.

About to set up my own WIP thread, pop into every recent one to make sure I’m not stepping on toes, and I see you plan to do Dopesmoker? I’ll be surprised if that doesn’t break the game, but at least vox will be an easy chart. C on every note except for like two.

Yeah, I really want to try and push the game’s limits, song length-wise. The thing that I think makes this kind of a wildcard is, unlike the past Cassandra Gemini and the new record-setter, Fall of an Empire, it’s not a very dense and technical song, but instead a slow, sludgy stoner metal song, meaning there’s less notes and therefore a smaller MIDI.

Awesome picks from Devin. Can’t wait !

Looking forward to Kill v. Maim, How to Disappear Completely, Roygbiv, Alison, Machine Gun, and especially Dopesmoker. (Hopefully you won’t have to pull a Jerusalem and split it up into multiple parts…)

Can’t wait, would always love some more Radiohead and Animal Collective.

Hey, dunno if you’d be interested but I actually have a Frank Zappa – Willie the Pimp chart from my FoF days that might make a decent jumping off point. It’s tempo-mapped, and with a guitar chart and like, 25% of a drum chart. And pitched vocals too, but they are probably pretty bad (grid snapped to 32nds or something, and the pitches probably aren’t great).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button