Reaper / Python issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask this. I’ve been searching for the past 3 days and I was trying really hard not to post here, but now I’m getting desperate.

Long story short, I’ve been using REAPER and all the awesome tools you guys have provided without any issues for quite some time on Windows 10. Due to some other (non-REAPER) issues that I’ve had with Windows 10, I decided to downgrade my computer back to Windows 7 (x64). REAPER and everything was working great, until I decided to install Python and CAT.

Now, I know the problem is not with CAT, because the issue I’m having is happening before I even get a chance to use it.

When I open up REAPER, I go to Preferences ==> ReaScript ==> Enable, and python27.dll is detected. I hit OK.

Then I go to Actions ==> Show Actions List ==> New/Load, and REAPER crashes with no warning whatsoever.

I’ve tried uninstalling absolutely everything REAPER and Python related that I could find, but nothing has worked. I’ve tried both the x64 and x84 versions of both REAPER and Python, and all of them have the same issue. I did make sure I was installing the correct versions of everything and I was not conflicting x64 REAPER with x32 Python and vice-versa.

When I first experienced this issue, I was using REAPER v4.22 with Python 2.7.11 and 3.5.1 installed. I’ve since tried upgrading to the latest version of REAPER (5.18), and the issue still continues when I hit “New” or “Load”.

I’ve tried to search everywhere for answers, and nearly every issue I see similar to mine is for Mac and not Windows. Everything I’m finding and trying for Windows hasn’t been working.

Sorry for the long rant, but I would appreciate any advice that you guys have for getting this working. Thanks so much for taking the time to read!

Farottone
    Keymaster

Read the last messages in the CAT thread to solve that.

Read the last messages in the CAT thread to solve that.

Marry me. It’s fixed. (‘:

Just a quick reference to anyone else looking for answers: http://stackoverflow…4855685#4855685

For me, it gives a message saying “script execution error”. Does anyone know how to fix this?

For me, it gives a message saying “script execution error”. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yeah, unfortunately I’m getting the same error now. Didn’t want to bother Farottone, so I’ve been looking everywhere for a solution on my own. Can’t seem to find anything that works. Let me know if you figure it out. In the meantime, I’m going to keep looking for an answer.

Yeah, unfortunately I’m getting the same error now. Didn’t want to bother Farottone, so I’ve been looking everywhere for a solution on my own. Can’t seem to find anything that works. Let me know if you figure it out. In the meantime, I’m going to keep looking for an answer.

Have you found one?

Have you found one?

nope :/

Have you found one?

Finally got this. Super easy fix that I couldn’t find for some reason.

After adding the PYTHONPATH that I linked before, you also need to set the PYTHONHOME variable.

I set mine under User, not System, but they both probably work. Create a new variable named PYTHONHOME, and have it go to your Python folder. In my case, that was C:Python27

Everything working great now. I hope it does for you as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button