Reaper not exporting with partial measures?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to work on a custom and it has a couple partial measures that are needed for the song, but everytime I export the midi notes that are on the partial measure get broken and the chart is ruined (I would have to re-edit the chart and make a new tempo all over again just to get around it but I cant be bothered).

I’ve tried using 4.22 like everyone else, but even that version doesnt export partial measures right. I even tried using the latest version of Reaper (which supposedly is supposed to fix the issue) and it still doesn’t get fixed.

Is there some way to get around this? Or am I going to have to not use partial measures and redo all my tempo mapping again?

Kloporte
    Participant

Not sure how you did it, but you have to change the time signature for these “partial measures”, otherwise your measure gets chewed up and it gets out of sync in game. (Place your cursor at the start of the new measure, hit T and change the time signature, maybe to 2/4 or something).

You have to redo the tempo map from that point and resync the notes you’ve placed manually. Or if you don’t want to do that, you can select everything after the time signature change and export the mid based on the time selection. Then you go back and do your changes on your tempo map and re-export the mid from the starting point of your selection.

Farottone
      Keymaster

I suspect you’re not actually using partial measures but you are cutting short measures, which is wrong, if that’s in fact what you’re doing. A pickup beat does not change the time signature, it’s just a notation convention to signal that notes in the first measure of a composition are on an upbeat preceding the downbeat that starts the melody. Not sure how you would have multiple pickup beats though. Anyway, since in a DAW you are not constrained by conventional sheet music notation, just start your downbeat at M4.1 and use your M3 to host your pickup beat, no need to change time signature. If it happens during the song, it’s not a partial measure, it just means the time signature has changed: change it accordingly. Remember time signature changes must always happen at the 1 of a measure.

Not sure how you did it, but you have to change the time signature for these “partial measures”, otherwise your measure gets chewed up and it gets out of sync in game. (Place your cursor at the start of the new measure, hit T and change the time signature, maybe to 2/4 or something).

You have to redo the tempo map from that point and resync the notes you’ve placed manually. Or if you don’t want to do that, you can select everything after the time signature change and export the mid based on the time selection. Then you go back and do your changes on your tempo map and re-export the mid from the starting point of your selection.

A partial measure is added when you tick both boxes when editing the tempo/time signature marker: “start a new measure at # / #” and “Allow a partial measure before this marker”

A new beat was happening in the middle of a measure and it wouldn’t set correctly if I didn’t tick off both boxes at the time. So I guess I’ll just have to redo the tempo mapping i guess since there’s no real answer to my original question. But thanks for the advice; i’ll just have to avoid using the partial measure option

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button