Questions about Armchair Guitaist

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

So heres my situation I have tried and tried making MIDI notes for guitar with Reaper but i just couldnt anymore there were times where Iwas like I can play this on the controller but on Reaper it just sounds….. wrong the way I try to lay the notes out by using my ears. And there’s really nothing I can do about it. It kinda seems like one of those hands on learning verses auditory learning differences where I’m more of a hands on person than anything else

So…. I bought me a Wireless Xbox 360 receiver for my guitar to connect to my PC which seems to connect just fine BUT the real problem is the plug-in. For this example I’m going to use Armchair Guitarist.

I’m hoping there are people out there that use it with Reaper if not to be honest I just need a plug-in I can install that I can press frets / strum bar on my guitar to a song and it will convert it to a MIDI input.

Armchair Guitarist is downloaded as a rar file which is fine because I can exact all the files to my laptop just fine with WinRAR, but the problem in Reaper I go to Options>Preferences>VST>Add> then select the Armchair Guitarist on my desktop. I close the window and create a new virtual instrument track and select VSTi: Armchair Guitarist and get this message:

the following effect plug-in cannot be loaded:

VSTi: ArmchairGuitarist-release-1.5.0.0 (mono)

(effect configuration is preserved)

If anyone out there could please either tell me how to fix this issue or detailed instructions on how to install anpther another plug-in that can accept MIDI Inputs from a wireless Guitar Hero Controller that would be awesome

You could use EoF for that, I THINK it has guitar input.

Latest version of EoF is on the CustomForge modding forums (rocksmith) as it’s being updated for rocksmith now, but still has RB support. Looks like you have to make an account to see the thread (I had to login).

https://customsforge.com/topic/1529-latest-eof-releases-3-3-2018/

Other methods that comes to mind if you really wanna stick to REAPER is little softwares like GlovePIE or FreePIE that allows mapping to/from devices.

akaisenshi
    Participant

You might need to move Armchair Guitarist to REAPER–>Plugins–>FX. Then refresh your plugin library inside REAPER if needed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button