[PS3] Songs freeze console when over them.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have 2 songs in my library that will freeze my console if I select them, hover over them and move onto a different song, or just hover for too long. they are “Shake It” by Metro Station and “Somebody That I Used To Know” by Gotye. I have tried type 1, type 2 (5 & 10 sec), and type 3. Is there anyway to fix these?

That’s a strange one. The things that are loading when hovering on the song are the audio preview and the album cover so I’d suspect one of these two things are corrupted for some reason.

The encryption type wouldn’t fix these issue as that option only affects the encrytion of the midi file, which is only loaded when you picked the difficulties for all the players.

Fixing the audio would be probably alot of work, especially if you have no experience with the RB3 DLC format. Fixing the album art though, shouldn’t be too hard but I never had to do that so I don’t know what tool will convert an image to the ps3 format, I’d guess C3 CON Tools has a tool for that? If not, then idk really what’s the most efficient way to do that.

Shroud
    Participant

Hi Naruto. Are you playing RB3 on the PS3? If that’s the case then these are just the usual case of songs with multiple drums stems (see my recent thread for a list of songs with this problem: Gotye is one of the known cases).

That’s a strange one. The things that are loading when hovering on the song are the audio preview and the album cover so I’d suspect one of these two things are corrupted for some reason.

The encryption type wouldn’t fix these issue as that option only affects the encrytion of the midi file, which is only loaded when you picked the difficulties for all the players.

Fixing the audio would be probably alot of work, especially if you have no experience with the RB3 DLC format. Fixing the album art though, shouldn’t be too hard but I never had to do that so I don’t know what tool will convert an image to the ps3 format, I’d guess C3 CON Tools has a tool for that? If not, then idk really what’s the most efficient way to do that.

When I go over them the album cover shows for both but after hovering than going to a new song the next songs album art is blank. So I don’t think it is the album art. When hovering the song doesn’t start playing and the game sound cut out until it freezes.

So yeah it might be the problem Shroud is talking about, he has digged way more than me in this, you should check out his thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button