Nunchuck and Sygenysis’ Customs Funhouse – April 18, 2018 Sublime, Luniz and Brewer & Shipley

Viewing 15 posts - 3,451 through 3,465 (of 3,780 total)
  • Author

Hey there Rockers,
    We hope you had a good long weekend. It is Tuesday now and back to work. I’m back at it too. I’m here with hints to this week’s release. Let’s see if all the “Big Brains” are ready to rock…

Hint for song #1
    To start things off right, let’s finish something. This track will complete an album. We did all the tracks, save one that someone else did. The artist is one of my all time favorites, you all know that. I don’t think I need to say more.

Hint for song #2
    Next up in this week’s setlist, one of my favorite bands return to the Funhouse. This comical love song takes romance to a whole new level. It name-drops one of my favorite film directors and his facial hair. This song was released as a single and later showed up on a greatest hits package.

Hint for song #3
    To finish out this week’s release, we have a great 60’s track. This snappy song in my home town is heard every year as the theme song for a local short marathon. This band once upon a time knocked the Beatles from the Number 1 spot on the UK Singles Chart. The band has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Okay, let’s see those “Big Brains” in action. Thank you for playing along and all the kindness you show us.

Have a great week! We will see ya this weekend!!

Remember to Rock Out… Life is Short

Cmdr Xym
    Participant

Gonna take a stab and say #3 is “Glad All Over” by the Dave Clark Five.

1-Prince “The Beautiful Ones”

astronomyhopes
      Participant

Gonna take a stab and say #3 is “Glad All Over” by the Dave Clark Five.

Piggybacking off that, I’m actually gonna guess it’s “Catch us If You Can”. “Snappy” as in the famous finger-snap percussion on the track, and it makes more sense for a running event.

Cmdr Xym
        Participant

Piggybacking off that, I’m actually gonna guess it’s “Catch us If You Can”. “Snappy” as in the famous finger-snap percussion on the track, and it makes more sense for a running event.

Yeah, that fits better.

#2 Screwing You On the Beach at Night – Bloodhound Gang

Hey there Rockers,

The weekend has finally returned to the Funhouse! We have some great stuff for the “Peeps” this week.

Let’s get right to the Rockin’!!!

Song for Hint #1

BdzEs51.jpg

Prince – The Beautiful Ones

RB3 Link

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/the-beautiful-ones-r18236

Phase Shift Link –

https://mega.nz/#!LZ93mD6J!uisBcunI23tjWSmbwWdc1c1Aq6DHS1OHbDc1uISL8Lw

Song for Hint #2

1wBScoM.jpg

Bloodhound Gang – Screwing You on the Beach at Night

RB3 Link –

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/screwing-you-on-the-beach-a-r18235

Phase Shift Link –

https://mega.nz/#!aQcVmJCA!lJe_A44luFjmD1QYuLC0e086lCAX8MXKfibo6-kBxfs

Song for Hint #3

p4A6UkS.jpg

Dave Clark Five – Catch Us If You Can

RB3 Link –

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/catch-us-if-you-can-r18234

Phase Shift Link –

https://mega.nz/#!iI1H0TxZ!6MbQ2XCKCvm6pGKUsukPjRvNr_g-w0i5OTYhLzFBJjg

Release Notes

Prince – The Beautiful Ones is the last song undone from the Purple Rain album. It is and incredible song and we’re pleased to bring this track to you. Now we can play the full album… That rocks!!!!

Bloodhound Gang – Screwing You on the Beach at Night is a silly fun track. It is sure to be a hit at any Rock Band Party! Enjoy another great track from a super fun band!!

Dave Clark Five – Catch Us If You Can is a fun track from the 60’s. This sing along good time will always have a spot in my heart. This infectious track will have you singing it for days.

We had 3 “Big Brains” This week and they got all the clues!

Ronnie_2Chin (1)

astronomyhopes (1)

frigginelvis (1)

We thank you all for the kindness and comments. Have a great weekend!!! We’ll see ya tomorrow with…

the September RockFight Saturday Night announcement!

1 step closer to completing Appetite. :rock:

Does that mean that Out ta Get Me might be in the works for a full band?

Welcome Rockers, Peeps and Rock Band Freaks!!
          RockFight Saturday Night Presents
          September RockFight Announcement

Gordon Carray is standing at a podium in the center of the RockFight ring, we join him live!!

GC – “Welcome to the September RockFight Saturday Night Announcement! We are here live at the RockFight Arena. We have a great fight this month. Joining us first at the podium, one of my musical heroes… Bob Dylan!!”

The crowd goes wild, as Bob Dylan takes a long slow walk down the aisle to the ring. He is shaking hands and giving high fives on his way to the ring. The crowd loves and deeply respects Bob Dylan.

GC – “Welcome Mr. Dylan! How does it feel to actually be here in the RockFight Arena?”
          BD – “Thank you Gordon! I love the RockFights, man. I have been enjoying the matches so much, you know? I called my manager and said I wanted to be part of it, man. It is absolutely electric here!!”

The crowd goes wild again!

There is a loud blast of pyro and a large puff of smoke; out of the smoke comes another figure.

GC – “And Bob Dylan’s opponent for this match is… Jackson Browne!!”
          The crowd cheers loudly as Jackson Browne emerges completely from the smoke. He has a fist full of guitar picks, and he is tossing them into the crowd as he walks to the ring. They also seem to love Jackson Browne here at the arena, as the ovation is utterly deafening.

GC – “Welcome Jackson Browne! The crowd here certainly loves this RockFight. How does it feel to be here in the ring?”
          JB – “I’m a fight fan. I love the concept and all the fights have been tremendous. I’m a big Bob Dylan fan so this is gonna be amazing. He’s such an inspiration, even though I’m gonna have to kick Bob’s ass later this month.”
          BD – “Kick my ass??? If you kick my ass in a dream you better wake up and apologize, you hearin’ me, Jackson?? Just for that I’m gonna have to butter that necktie for you, man!!”
          JB – “Respect for you only goes so far, Bob. Don’t let your mouth write checks that ass can’t cash.”
          BD – “Checks to cash?? I’m gonna give you the spanking of a lifetime. Respect is one thing, it isn’t gonna stop me from locking the patented “Dylan Sleeper” on you. You will take a little nap and the crowd will cheer my name, man!!”
          JB – “The only sleep gonna happen is from the people listening to you try to act tough.”

Jackson Browne shoves Bob Dylan and Bob shoves back. Gordon Carray steps between them as security tries to keep the peace. Commissioner Sam J. Glarms joins the melee on stage, and he has the contracts in his hand. It appears security has gotten the two fighters under control. Commissioner Glarms take his place at the podium.
          SJG – “Okay, guys let’s make this official before things get out of control. Here is the contract!”

Bob Dylan signs the contract. Jackson Browne steps forward and also signs the contract. The two men, having calmed down, shake hands and stand face to face. The crowd goes wild!!

GC – “That will do it for tonight’s contract signing. Join us Saturday, September 30 for this month’s event. Have a great night, fight fans!!”

RockFight Saturday Night
          Bob Dylan
          vs.
          Jackson Browne

Voting begins now and will end September 23 at 8 am EST

Vote Closed

Hey there Rockers.

Sorry folks, I was down with the sickness yesterday and unable to get the hints out. I am better today so hints will come now. We have a great week of songs from a day gone by. These are some great classic songs. They fit this month very well. Enough making you guys wait, let’s get them hints out and find out who has the “Big Brains” around this joint.

Hint for Song #1

To get this party started off right, we have one of the greatest soul voices of all time. This incredible love song was a huge single and many find this to be one of the best soul performances ever. The song has been covered by the Rolling Stones and Ike & Tina Turner. It also recently was in the new Twin Peaks. This is one of the great songs that touch ones heart and we are proud to be able to bring it to you.

Hint for Song #2

Next up is another song from the same decade. This game needed some Motown, so this week it will get some. This classic track is an instant “Oh that song” moment. This artist won the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for his lifetime contributions to popular music. The song has sold over a million copies and is on the Rolling Stone Top 500 songs of all time.

Hint for Song #3

To finish this week’s awesome tracks off, we once again go back in time to the same year. This time, we have one of the great duets. This song, from a husband and wife duo, was a number 1 hit and sold over a million copies. In fact, this song went on to be the duo’s signature song, lasting way longer than the marriage.

Thank you for playing with us again. We hope you have a little fun with the clues. We’ll see ya this weekend!! Have a good week!!

glarms
          Participant

1 I’ve Been Loving You Too Long – Otis Redding

glarms
            Participant

2 Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, ‘The Tracks of My Tears’ ?

glarms
              Participant

3- Sonny and Cher – I Got You Babe

#2 Smokey Robinson and the Miracles – Shop Around

#2 Smokey Robinson and the Miracles – Ooo Baby Baby ?

Viewing 15 posts - 3,451 through 3,465 (of 3,780 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button