More modern music

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

That’s totally fair and understandable. I mean heck, my favourite music is classic rock (so obviously I’m in love with this site’s releases), and if I were charting, I’d probably want to first tackle that sort of stuff, so I totally get where you’re coming from. And it’s not like there isn’t occasionally new stuff, like the Adelle and such, so I have no complaints about the output of this site. You guys (especially you, Farottone) are my heroes, and I love the vast majority of what you release (I have a very wide musical taste). I guess what I’m saying is don’t take what I said above as a criticism, just something that I noticed, and while I like modern music, I like pretty much all music, so it’s all good with me. As long as the songs keep coming, I’ll keep downloading!

bbsrtrain
    Participant

Not sure of how many people have heard of bands such as Foxy Shazam, Cadaver Dogs, Larry and His Flask, Sycamour and the other songs by The Darkness. I would just absolutely love the rest of Permission To Land to get on to this game. If I had any idea how to even start authoring, I would take a crack at them. From a few of these bands I’d have to add:

Foxy Shazam: Holy Touch, I Like It, Yesterday Today and Tommorrow, Ghost Animals, Yes Yes Yes just to name a few

Cadaver Dogs: Black Out The Blues, Voodoo Drug Sluts, The Change Up, Buy Me A Shot, It’s a Hunger

I know this is a weird list of smaller unknown bands but if you’d like take a look. Good old fashion Rock n Roll

Farottone
      Keymaster
        I guess what I’m saying is don’t take what I said above as a criticism

Oh no, I absolutely didn’t, I was just explaining why in my opinion it’s like that. And I think HMX felt the same. They probably could have released “just released” material every single week, because labels are probably very interested in that kind of marketing, but they didn’t. In terms of what people buys, the songs need to be known by the widest audience possible. So for customs it ultimately comes down to each author’s interest.

Totally agree. I’d author some stuff myself I just don’t have the time… Looks fairly simple to throw together so to speak once everything is set up.

14. Blink 182 – Violence

I know my wife would love these songs

15. Switchfoot – Darkhorses

16. Switchfoot – Saltwater Heart

mcatrn
        Participant
          Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop in and say everything you have done is great. Keeps us interested in a game that was dropped.

Was thinking it’d be nice to get a few more songs that were modern hits to keep the game approachable to everyone with friends that aren’t hardcore rock band players.

Band/Song:

1. Bastille – Pompeii

2. Imagine Dragons – Demons

8. Death Cab for Cutie – Soul Meets Body

11. AWOLNation – It’s Not Your Fault

Just some suggestions.

Plus one on Pompeii (which might be the first song I work on if I ever get appropriately inspired), plus any additional AWOLNation, Imagine Dragons, and Death Cab would be fantastic. And MGMT, The 1975, Chvrches, Of Monsters and Men, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Head and the Heart, more Mumford and Arcade Fire…ah, hell, I just need to start authoring.

17. Of Monsters and Men – Dirty Paws

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button