Issues with RBtoUSB, the title update, and Rock Band itself.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hey, I’ve been using Custom Creators for years now and things were working pretty flawlessly until I decided that it was time to refresh my song collection. I deleted all of the data for Rock Band 3 on my Xbox 360 and started to work on getting some new songs.

More to the point, I’ve run into some issues that I haven’t been able to find solutions for:

1) I can’t get my Xbox 360 hard drive to show up in RBtoUSB. It’ll show up just find in Party Buffalo, so I’ve been using that instead, but I’d love to be able to use a vastly improved and updated program instead.

2) When I look at the title update through the Xbox 360 explorer, it looks corrupted. However, the file looks just fine in Party Buffalo. This could be the file I’m using for the update, and I’d love to just use RBtoUSB instead, but I can’t do that.

3) When I “Reivive” one of my bandmates, the “Saved!” screen gets stuck on my screen. I assume this is a glitch that would have been fixed in a title update, which is why I think something may be not working correctly when it comes to that. That’s just a guess though, and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t even be able to play custom songs without the update, so I’m a little lost there.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to ask me questions or give suggestions on fixes. I can try out whatever you guys think will help.

MrPrezident

360 hard drive? Do you mean thumb drive? Maybe try another thumb drive, they are super cheap. I prefer the Kingston 16GB black ones because they have a very small profile and you can fit two of them on top of each other in the back of the black 360’s. I suggest buying two of them and making one a backup drive.

I have never heard of Xbox 360 explorer so I can’t help with your other questions.

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
      MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

No, I mean I took the hard drive out of my 360 and hooked it up to my computer, thus negating the use of a thumb drive. I assume RBtoUSB doesn’t support that. And the Xbox 360 explorer is just a way of referring to the interface the Xbox itself uses to look through your files. It is literally the Xbox.

I don’t own a woking xbox360 so forgive me if I’m wrong; but could it be because of the filesystem? I recall someone saying something about xbox changing filesystem and RBtoUSB had been adapted to it.. maybe it needs to match (i.e. reformatted with a recent dashboard).

Yeah I saw that too. My Xbox is updated completely though, so I don’t think that could be it. Plus Party Buffalo can read the drive.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

If Party Buffalo can read the drive, then it’s using the old file system, and RBtoUSB won’t be able to work with it. Just because you updated your Xbox, doesn’t mean your hard drive has the right file system. It actually, won’t. RBtoUSB is meant for use with new format flash drives. I don’t know if you can format your hard drive to the new system, and if you do, you would lose everything in that hard drive, which would include the Xbox updates that allow the Xbox to read the new format, no? I’m not sure how that works.

Interesting. What if I used a laptop hard drive, updated the Xbox, then used the now updated Xbox to format my original hard drive to the new file system. Maybe that would work?

Don’t xbox has a backup system? If you can backup your HDD; format your current xbox hdd afterward and then restore the backup; you wouldn’t lose everything, I think. I’m not too familiar with xbox but this is a native thing now on PS3/4

I’m not sure, but honestly if it’s that much effort just to get a program to work for me, it may not even be worth it. I’ll just stick with Party Buffalo since it’s working just fine for me for the most part.

Maxton
        Participant

The Xbox internal hard drive is always formatted with FATX (which Party Buffalo supports), and there’s nothing you can do about that. Only external drives can be formatted as FAT32 (which RBtoUSB supports).

TrojanNemo: the Xbox dashboard updates are actually stored on flash memory on the motherboard (this is why you can turn on your xbox without a hard drive inserted).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button