Instrument Firmware Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mrmet2087
    Participant

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/209/rock-band-instrument-firmware-updates

Here it says if we are having issues to update the firmware of the guitar. But for PS4 if we don’t have a PC (I have a Mac) that has Bluetooth capabilities are we screwed? Super annoying they don’t work these bugs out before launch, even with the instruments now. Anyone know of a workaround?

raynebc
      Participant

Try contacting Madcatz.  It’s possible they or Sony don’t allow controller firmware updates over a USB connection or something.  Otherwise, bluetooth receivers are pretty cheap to buy.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

I know that Norton is pretty shitty, but it was funny when it just deleted the MadCatz updater saying it was a virus :cripes:

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/209/rock-band-instrument-firmware-updates

Here it says if we are having issues to update the firmware of the guitar. But for PS4 if we don’t have a PC (I have a Mac) that has Bluetooth capabilities are we screwed? Super annoying they don’t work these bugs out before launch, even with the instruments now. Anyone know of a workaround?

You could always take your guitar over to someone else’s house who has Windows 7 or higher. I don’t imagine the update taking more a few minutes.

You could always take your guitar over to someone else’s house who has Windows 7 or higher. I don’t imagine the update taking more a few minutes.

The installer took longer than the update itself for me. And the update was nearly instantaneous.

mrmet2087
          Participant

Yeah I was maybe gonna buy a 7 dollar adapter everyone has been pointing out on Amazon and just take it a friends house or a library even.

NeedDreamer
            Participant

I am still waiting my RB4/guitar pack from Best Buy, but I figure I’d ask a couple questions on this topic. Are the firmware upgrades only for the new equipment? Or for older equipment too? As well it sounds like you are discussing that we need Bluetooth to do the upgrades? I find that odd the the equipment uses Bluetooth for firmware, but dongle to connect to the systems.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

It’s only for new instruments, and they don’t use dongles. Old instruments used dongles, new ones connect via Bluetooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk Pro.

NeedDreamer
                Participant

Ah

Makes sense now. I was reading about drum issues, just hoping old RB2 drums with cymbals don’t cause missing note problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button