[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant
      Hi and please forgive me if this question or problem has been posted before but, I tried a search and couldn’t really find an answer. I have successfully been able to add dozens of customs on my Wii but, currently, there are 2 songs that will always freeze up when I am at the kaleidoscope loading screen. They are on different slots. I’ve checked the files and they all seem to be fine (deleted prevmogg files, 40mb limit on BIN file, 400kb limit on the app files). I only have about 3 to 6 songs on each slot.

So, what could be the problem?

It could very well be a song with a bad venue in the midi. If you run the Venue Converter in the Wii Converter section of C3CONTools, it should fix those bad midis.

If it is still crashing, what songs are they so I could look at other potential issues.

snoopy329
      Participant

I have not used Venue Converter but will install it and try to figure out how to use it. I’ll post with an update. The songs are “Harder, Better” from Daft Punk and Hotel California from the Eagles.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

For the Daft Punk song, it should depend on when you downloaded it. I think I recently updated a fixed version of that one. If not, the venue converter should fix it. If it still doesn’t, may have to redo it. For Hotel California, I made a mistake when I uploaded it last night and a new version was uploaded some hours ago. That one should certainly work.

snoopy329
          Participant

I downloaded Daft Punk song a little over 2 weeks ago. Hotel California I downloaded and installed about an hour before I posted this issue. Could it be you re-uploaded after I downloaded? That would certainly be a coincidence.

I guess I’ll try redoing both of them and if that doesn’t work then I’ll try to use Venue converter to fix The Daft Punk song. I’ll post an update on both songs as soon as I get to work on them.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant
              I downloaded Daft Punk song a little over 2 weeks ago. Hotel California I downloaded and installed about an hour before I posted this issue. Could it be you re-uploaded after I downloaded? That would certainly be a coincidence.

I guess I’ll try redoing both of them and if that doesn’t work then I’ll try to use Venue converter to fix The Daft Punk song. I’ll post an update on both songs as soon as I get to work on them.

I just tested Hotel California and it worked for me on Guitar. Daft Punk songs are being reuploaded just in case.

So, if i’m trying to get it working in Dolphin, and there’s no “000100005” title folder, but only a “00010000” and “00000001” What do i do then? I’ve tried NTSC and PAL ISOs but neither create/use a “000100005” folder.

EDIT: Both folders must be used by Rock Band NTSC. As i started the NAND from scratch and they were both created when i loaded the game.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

You have to create that folder and all the subfolders it needs to read from. Also, you may have to download the SYSCONF file provided and use that instead of the provided one.

Done that, not working. They aren’t showing up…..

I tried with the provided song. Compiled, created folders and moved .app files over.

Created a ticket/00010005 folder, renamed .tik and moved.

Also moved SYSCONF.

Nothing in NTSC or PAL…

EDIT: It keeps telling me it’s trying to read from an invalid SYSCONF

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

Weird. I need to check my files over again to see if anything has changed that I overlooked.

Weird. I need to check my files over again to see if anything has changed that I overlooked.

Ok, no worries, the SYSCONF based errors appear to have stopped now. Dolphin must have been having a fit. Using the one provided now. But yeah still no success.

snoopy329
                  Participant

Stack, I downloaded the new Hotel California you said you uploaded but, the RAR file just has a 40.6 megabyte file in it. It doesn’t have the meta or song folder. What file is this?

???

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant
                      Stack, I downloaded the new Hotel California you said you uploaded but, the RAR file just has a 40.6 megabyte file in it. It doesn’t have the meta or song folder. What file is this?

???

Did you accidentally download the Xbox file? I just checked the download and it’s okay.

snoopy329
                      Participant

Indeed I did. So I downloaded the correct one now, and did everything as usual. But, I get no BIN files created. The app files are created. I checked the BAT file and everything there is fine from what I can tell.

Any suggestions?

snoopy329
                        Participant

I just realized that the APP is over the 40mb limit. It was only 39mb the first time I did it. Maybe that is why the BIN files weren’t created? Why is this new file bigger if I am using the same songs as before?

StackOverflow0x
                          Participant

The .bik file went up in size since the first correction. If you still have the old version where I made a mistake, it’s .bik file should be smaller, but play well with the new files elsewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 3,117 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button