[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

That’s stuttering. Which songs still stutter?

Also, thanks to help from Nemo, I have been able to compile a complete list of all 2,010 DLC you can download for Wii.

View and download here!

Some users have wanted a list that is more complete than the old RawkSD list, and this is it. It even includes the song path that tells you which BIN files match to what songs.

There are only 3 songs that were “released”, but weren’t normally available that are on the list: “Charlene”, “Promised Land”, and “Party In The U.S.A”.

Right now, it’s observable that the Aerosmith pack was the last pack worked on, maybe. The John Lennon pack has odd song IDs. 1955 is the year of the oldest DLC released. The least represented genre is Jazz. And there is no clear gap of missing songs the week “Drive” was released. Otherwise, the list is really close to the songs released for the Xbox 360 version. I think only “Headphones On” and the complete “2112” were excluded.

The songs that stuttered weren’t on the official C3 database or the new one. I found them on the Customs forums. Would you know how I would be able to fix stuttering?

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Well, probably with RockBiink, but I’ll be polishing that up soon. Which ones are giving you trouble exactly?

With my experience, fixing stuterring can only be done by mixing the drum stems or using another audio. EVery time it happened to me was with official DLCs/RBN I took from xbox, and they have more stems than the wii can handle. So far, the winning number of stems is max 12 (6 stereo stems), but some friends who arent on emunand had problems with less stems., it might have to do with quality, too.

Unfortunately Magma encrypts the multitracks so if there’s a custom with more stems than the wii can handle (you can verify with the DTA), you can’t mix them, unless there’s a way I don’t know to decrypt them, have to use a new audio, like an MP3 or whatever, but goodbye multitracks.

FernandoMCH
        Participant

HiStacks, long time no see. Well, i need some help. The thing is im playing customs on a 32gb sd card, but i know it will ran out of space soon, and i have tried to use an emulated NAND through USB Loader GX, but the problem is that when the game tries to load the customs from my HDD, the game freezes, it gets loads of time to load each custom or it even doesnt load them…

So, i really wish there is a way to load them without porblems using a loader with full emunand method, since i want to play customs on my 2 wiis and wii u.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Well it’s supposed to work, but I don’t know the specifics. Does real DLC work on emunand for you?

FernandoMCH
            Participant

haven`t prove it yet, i only put customs, but i will try to load them this night when i get home

Blaze, if your drive is big enough, you should try the emunand I posted on the custom ID spreadsheet, it has been said to be tailored for GH/RB, and it works like a charm for everything. It wasn’t made to be loaded from a loader though, it’s meant to boot into it like booting a wii. Just be sure to follow the instructions in the documentation to the letter, starting with drive partitionning, very important. Just a thing though, I doubt emunands works on wii U, I helped a friend once trying to make it work on wii u, and nope. He tried the one I used (unnamed), sneek, and most of them that can be made through modmii, he did not find a single one that was working on his wii u.

FernandoMCH
              Participant

Blaze, if your drive is big enough, you should try the emunand I posted on the custom ID spreadsheet, it has been said to be tailored for GH/RB, and it works like a charm for everything. It wasn’t made to be loaded from a loader though, it’s meant to boot into it like booting a wii. Just be sure to follow the instructions in the documentation to the letter, starting with drive partitionning, very important. Just a thing though, I doubt emunands works on wii U, I helped a friend once trying to make it work on wii u, and nope. He tried the one I used (unnamed), sneek, and most of them that can be made through modmii, he did not find a single one that was working on his wii u.

Sup bro!

Like I said, i don´t want to use emunand method with uniloader, since i cant do that on wii u, and i want to play customs on that console too.

About loading official dlc, i did a few minutes, had to download some songs from the store, since i got .bin files instead of .app files. the game downloaded them normally, the game gets slow for a minute or 2 on main menu, but i guess its common when playing on emunand.

So, i deleted the song cache, opened the game, gets 1 or 2 minutes to main menu and then it could load the dlc without any problems.

What could be the problem about customs loading on emunand?

You can’t use bin files on emunand, bin are SD card DLCs, and those won’t work. Try one of my app packs, app files aren’t console restricted, they work on all machines, unlike bin files. Those packs goes to title0010005735a4145content in your emunand.

When the game boots it will ask you if you want to save them to SD card, ALWAYS select no. The game will hang a bit, it does and I have almost more than 2k songs, once it stop hanging and freezing though, it works like a charm.

FernandoMCH
                Participant

You can’t use bin files on emunand, bin are SD card DLCs, and those won’t work. Try one of my app packs, app files aren’t console restricted, they work on all machines, unlike bin files. Those packs goes to title0010005735a4145content in your emunand.

When the game boots it will ask you if you want to save them to SD card, ALWAYS select no. The game will hang a bit, it does and I have almost more than 2k songs, once it stop hanging and freezing though, it works like a charm.

I already know everything about you said.

But ive discovered an interesting error my emunand does to some customs i put.

I downloaded 9 official dlc, and put 11 customs.

When the game starts loading the files, for unkown reasons detects 33 songs, after loaded them, a message appears: Finding Downloaded Content – 0 founds, then the number goes increased. it autosaves normally, but when i go to song selection, only dlc appears, not customs…

The weirdest thing is when i checked the emunand on my PC, the game deleted all the meta (songs info) .app of the customs, only the song .app were not deleted.

FernandoMCH
                  Participant

btw, im testing with sZGE content.

I never got any other packer than wszst to work with emunands, and this packer uses sZAE.

Personally it’s not of a big deal, considering how much songs you can pack in one pack, and you can also add the corresponding DLC to the pack, if you want that song in your library, or any other pack. As long as the song ID stays the same the slot it’s on doesn’t really matter.

If you’re going to stick with emunands, I suggest using the DLC tools to download DLCs, sooner or later the RB store will act fonky and you won’t be able (or will be, with alot of patience) to download songs from it because of the huge lag you get inside it. I’m not gonna go in-deep about the DLC tools because it does things that rules doesn’t want me to discuss, but one of the things you can do with it is use the integrated song manager to manage your songs from your computer to your emunand (or if you have enough space on your emunand, the program will move them from a folder on the root, to the appropriate place). It makes things really easy with official DLCs this way.

FernandoMCH
                    Participant

Still trying with no progress at all…

If anyone managed to load customs on emunand through Usb Loader Gx, please let me know.

TheThief
                      Participant

Still trying with no progress at all…

If anyone managed to load customs on emunand through Usb Loader Gx, please let me know.

Hi there. I managed to do just that, and its pretty glorious. I’ll give you the simplified instructions:

1. I dumped my nand with usbloader GX’s emunand dump feature and renamed the “nand” folder created to “RockBand” just to distinguish it from my regular emunand that I use for virtual console. If you already have a working emunand you don’t have to re-dump but I prefer to keep them separate.

2. Load the game with partial or full emulation, I use partial. Remember to change the emunand path to “Rockband” or whatever you named your emunand folder.

3. Once the game is loaded, go to “get more songs.” Once in the store download one of the free Rock band 2 songs like “Sons and Daughters” by The 88.

4. Go to the link c3 user “Alternity” provided and download the wszst emunand packer. Use this packer to pack into the sZAE generation folder title:00010005735a4145content.

5.Done!

I’m assuming you know how to pack properly, instructions are the same as ZFE just use ZAE instead. You will have to overwrite a previous (song) .app pack. Example 00000053 and 00000054(underoath, desperate times, desperate measures).

That’s it. No need for sneek/uneek/neek2o. Just you, UsbloaderGX, and Rockband.

Questions? P.M. me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 3,117 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button