[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Any recommendation on hook type? “NeoGamma R9 b56, d2x56v6 (249)” has the following options, and I’m using the original RB3 disc:

Wii Hook Type: None, VBI, KPAD, Joypad, GXDraw, GXFlush, OSSleepThread, AXNextFrame

Wii 2nd Hook: = 1st hook, (all the rest of the options as the previous hook)

And for the record, previous attempts did have the skipping videos cheat work successfully. And that was regardless of hook type.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Try GXDraw if it’s not working. I’m not sure how .GCT cheats work, but I got text-based cheats to work in CFG USB Loader. It might vary depending on what you’re using though.

GXDraw was one of the hook types I tried already. Although I haven’t tested it with Alternity’s .gct yet to see if my result is any different. For the fast startup code and the autoplay code, any hook type seems to work, as any hook type allows Ocarina support to be changed to ‘YES’.

First time I tried the song limit code it didn’t worked because of a typo in the code. I know the code has been posted more than one time, not sure if the typo comes my end or the forums. Should double check the code to be sure.

This is kind of off-topic but: I’d really like to do a FB jam with customs once, if anyone is interested. Need more players with ”proper” song ids, and the will to play online on wii. Seems the hype is not high enough for the potential of playing customs songs online :|.

I’ll give your code a whirl knowing that you may have a fixed typo version. Any chance you can post the text version for me to update my copy of Stack’s text file? That way I can update my .gct to have Song Limit, Fast Intro, AND Autoplay all work.

Also, I’m game for online play if you need a bassist. Still updating my customs list so far, hovering around 30 conversions so far. My wife and I start our staycation from work today, so my availability could be wonky.

Sure here’s a link http://www.mediafire.com/download/xxtpd … +codes.txt

To play online though, we need to share the same ID for each song, and sadly earlier version of magma didn’t compiled with usable IDs, so gotta enter them manually in the DTA. Recent songs SHOULD be good for online.

Here’s a spreadsheet we use to maintain an ID list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

Thanks!

Since I’ve already compiled around 20-30 songs and have put them on my SD card, how would I go about editing the songs.dta for each one? Or do you mean edit them, then re-pack, and do a cache reset to sync up?

Thanks!

Since I’ve already compiled around 20-30 songs and have put them on my SD card, how would I go about editing the songs.dta for each one? Or do you mean edit them, then re-pack, and do a cache reset to sync up?

Yeah you’d need to do edit, repack and reset cache. I forgot to precise, it’s the song_id variable.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

If you’re willing to mess with your cache file, you can selectively get the game to reload just a slot you want refreshed. If someone’s interested, I can explain to see if it’s feasible for others to do.

That’d be cool, but honestly, I don’t mind the current method, especially after (the current version of) WiiXplorer made it much much much safer to do so (I had read that FSToolbox can be unstable and potentially brick-inducing).

Hi guys, I’m probably not in the right place to ask this, but without asking directly for rock band 1 files to use in rock band 3 as customs, can you guys tell me if it’s doable. Cause I’ve been using files from the original disc, doing experiments with various tools without any good results. The best I could do was get the song to work with bad syncing. I’m kinda getting desperate…. But for everything else, you guys rock! The amount of customs here is amazing. That’s kinda why I’m really bummed, I got the customs to work, got my legit DLC, my rock band 2 export songs… Anyways I’d appreciate a little help, but I totally understand if you can’t.

If I remember correctly, converting Xbox .con files is your best bet, but posting any of said files is not allowed in these forums.

I plan to search the ‘net for them at some point, because Stack told me that the goals for Rock Band 1, as well as those for the other games that don’t export on Wii, DO appear upon having the relevant songs.

There’s probably a way to bring RawkSD’s versions. RawkSD fixed the ”out of sync” problem when ripping the songs, but that tool was made for RB2, so I’m guessing you’re gonna have to make them work with RB3? Not sure what is rawkSD’s status on rb3.

Hey guys, thanks for your answers. @Sin: About the .con files, aren’t these supposed to be taken from dlc, or you mean there is a way to convert them from the original Xbox disc? @Alternity, I did actually use the latest beta version of RawkSD to rip the songs from my Rock Band 1 Disc, exporting them to rba, then converting them using Wii Converter from the C3CON TOOLS, then packing installing and so on… Everything worked except for the out of sync thing. So I’m kinda stuck there for now. But I will try Sin’s solutions to find the XBOX .con files if I can and try it out, if not I Can still play the original game. I’ll keep cheking if someone else has a solution for this and i’ill keep you guys posted if I do find one by myself. Thanks again guys.

Try unpacking the export and repacking them? You can unpack with the packer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 3,117 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button