[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    I downloaded mine from here http://static.wiidatabase.de/FSToolBox.zip

Okay I got it to work… I just didn’t have it in the right folder. I got the songs to mount properly but RB3 came up with an error saying something along the lines of licenses being deleted from the Wii System Memory… I’ll try removing my existing DLC from my Wii’s private folder, but do you know what causes this issue and how to fix it?

Just for information, I’ve got my problem solved. And for yours, I don’t think you have the right wads installed.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Maybe your console id could be the problem. How did you get that value?

I got it off of my nand backup in the keys.bin.

If the issue is wad’s what would I be missing?

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Get a syscheck to see what’s missing from your system.

How do I do a syscheck?

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Download the homebrew app and run that. It shouldn’t be hard to find.

I got the check, what should I be looking for?

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Upload your log to pastebin and post the link here so I can look at it.

http://pastebin.com/bV6kdEdh

The Console ID is different than the one I’ve been using, however using it still doesn’t make the CDLC work. It gives a different error however.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

Okay, that checks out. The problem might be in the WADs. So back to that, you were installing them under IOS 249, correct? What BIN file are you packing and testing first?

I’m not very clear on what you are asking. All I know is I have been following the instructions with a song I downloaded from the C3 song database that is Wii compatible. Sorry for my nooby-ness I just don’t follow with what you mean by “installing under IOS 249.”

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

The very first step in installing a WAD is when it asks you what IOS to install it as. Make sure it’s 249 if it wasn’t before.

Then, what numbers for what generation are you using to pack this DLC?

I’m using WiiMod as told to in the guide to softmod and it doesn’t ask me what IOS to install as, it just installs it. For the numbers I’m using the same numbers as in the tutorial 054_00000036 for the _meta and 055_00000037 for the _song.

I had the same error as you, and I fixed it by using Neogamma to launch the game instead of the standard disc channel. Are you using disc channel?

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 3,117 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button