[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Hey Stack

May I ask a question please ?

If in order to save having to do a cache reset, I load the robbie williams one that was incorrect into a new pack, without updating the old pack, would that cause issues ?

Ie will the game just recognise two entries for that song or would it throw a wobbly ?

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

No, it would just appear twice, with one having album art and the other not having one. Remove it from the pack you don’t want and next time you do a cache reset, then only the correct one will show up. But it shouldn’t cause any issues co-existing like that.

Make sure you’re updating the DTA correctly. You can’t add a song to a DTA that’s already been read by the game without a reset. But you can add it separately on its own number. But again, DTA has to be correct. The packer should not be letting you pack without that fixed.

I think the problem was that I had packed a few songs using the IDs for songs from the RB Store. I re-packed all of those songs using higher numbers and then reset the cache, and all seems to be well.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Yeah, never use low ID numbers. You’ll get many undesirable effects.

So I have a bunch of custom songs on my SD card as .bin files. However, I want to update one, but I don’t know which .bin file corresponds to which song. Is there any way to find the song title from the .bin file? I also have the .app files if you can find it through there.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

You should have the folders that made the app files though. Look inside the dta files to fins out which one it was.

I saw a post from BlazeFerdinand back on page 36-37 asking if anyone can use emunand. I am using UniiLoader and I can load and play Customs using the RBHP SZAE method. But I seem to be limited to 30 slots… will do more testing to confirm this.

I have tried in vain to use SZFE and SZGE. Just like BlazeFerdinand, only my ‘normal’ DLC shows up. I have done the How-to multiple times and read all 42 pages of thread at least twice to see if I am missing something.

So back to SZAE for now, at least I can play all these wonderful customs again.

I am very willing to try and test different things to find a solution the SZFE/SZGE issue. Only limitation I have – SD card reader is dead.

I have been working on a custom, and I am testing it on my Wii.

It is just over 5 and a half minutes long.

While I am playing the song, it will randomly freeze. It seems to be random when it happens, and I can’t find anything that could be causing it. It doesn’t cause any problems when I am selecting it, it only happens while I’m playing the song.

Note, when I say ‘freeze’, I mean the game freezes, and the audio replays the last second of audio, and then continues playing normally. During this time nothing is moving but I can activate star power and hit any notes that I am on.

This MIDI got no errors in Magma. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

https://mega.co.nz/#!Z501VACY!ZqzERcLKb … uqQFYmnEoo

StackOverflow0x
          Participant
            I saw a post from BlazeFerdinand back on page 36-37 asking if anyone can use emunand. I am using UniiLoader and I can load and play Customs using the RBHP SZAE method. But I seem to be limited to 30 slots… will do more testing to confirm this.

I have tried in vain to use SZFE and SZGE. Just like BlazeFerdinand, only my ‘normal’ DLC shows up. I have done the How-to multiple times and read all 42 pages of thread at least twice to see if I am missing something.

So back to SZAE for now, at least I can play all these wonderful customs again.

I am very willing to try and test different things to find a solution the SZFE/SZGE issue. Only limitation I have – SD card reader is dead.

Have you tried installing the WAD files for those two gens? An SD card shouldn’t be required for that.

I have been working on a custom, and I am testing it on my Wii.

It is just over 5 and a half minutes long.

While I am playing the song, it will randomly freeze. It seems to be random when it happens, and I can’t find anything that could be causing it. It doesn’t cause any problems when I am selecting it, it only happens while I’m playing the song.

Note, when I say ‘freeze’, I mean the game freezes, and the audio replays the last second of audio, and then continues playing normally. During this time nothing is moving but I can activate star power and hit any notes that I am on.

This MIDI got no errors in Magma. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

https://mega.co.nz/#!Z501VACY!ZqzERcLKb … uqQFYmnEoo

It’s not the midi, it’s the audio. Is it multitrack? If so, you’re limited to about 8 individual tracks. Now, if it wasn’t, that would be concerning. In Magma, choose quality 3 instead of 5 and it should be okay.

RE to : Have you tried installing the WAD files for those two gens? An SD card shouldn’t be required for that.

Not quite sure if that was the correct way to install those WADS in virtual NAND, but I used ShowMiiWads to install them and both SZFE and SZGE appear to be installed on virtual NAND.

And I also replaced relevant files in appropriate folders with your copies. i.e… 735a4645.tik,, 735a4745.tik, both title.tmd’s, 00000001.app and 00000026.app. Essentially, I did all the same steps as with SZAE, just not getting the same result!

Just did a test with SZFE, I reused 00000001.app to 00000006.app for customs and they load and work just fine.

Test 2. Same customs loaded in 00000034.app to 0000003b.app don’t appear in song list.

Looking at 735a4645.tik with HxD, bytes 222 to 261 are set to FF, 262 is set to AA.

It’s not the midi, it’s the audio. Is it multitrack? If so, you’re limited to about 8 individual tracks. Now, if it wasn’t, that would be concerning. In Magma, choose quality 3 instead of 5 and it should be okay.

Yeah it was a multitrack, and your advice fixed it, thank you very much.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant
              RE to : Have you tried installing the WAD files for those two gens? An SD card shouldn’t be required for that.

Not quite sure if that was the correct way to install those WADS in virtual NAND, but I used ShowMiiWads to install them and both SZFE and SZGE appear to be installed on virtual NAND.

And I also replaced relevant files in appropriate folders with your copies. i.e… 735a4645.tik,, 735a4745.tik, both title.tmd’s, 00000001.app and 00000026.app. Essentially, I did all the same steps as with SZAE, just not getting the same result!

Just did a test with SZFE, I reused 00000001.app to 00000006.app for customs and they load and work just fine.

Test 2. Same customs loaded in 00000034.app to 0000003b.app don’t appear in song list.

Looking at 735a4645.tik with HxD, bytes 222 to 261 are set to FF, 262 is set to AA.

Yeah, for sZFE you’re not supposed to use the low numbers. You’re supposed to start at 052 like I have it. The TMD I provide should allow it. 0x262 is also AA on mine, so it shouldn’t stop you from loading the rest past 052.

I just did the test posted above with slot 1 to 6 for sanity. Wanted to verify that customs could be loaded from the SZFE folder and that my .app files were correct. But still no success getting customs to appear in game with slots 52+.

Reverified 735a4645.tik, title.tmd and 00000026.app. They are the copies you provided with the SZFE package RBWii-DLC-Packer 2.1 tools on page 1.

AFAIK, IOS’s and CIOS’s are not needed to run RB3 from uniiloader, but I went ahead with updating IOS 56, 57, 236 and D2X CIOS’s 249, 250. Same sad result, the game loads/plays fine but the customs do not appear in the song list if I use SZFE slots 52+

FernandoMCH
              Participant
                I just did the test posted above with slot 1 to 6 for sanity. Wanted to verify that customs could be loaded from the SZFE folder and that my .app files were correct. But still no success getting customs to appear in game with slots 52+.

Reverified 735a4645.tik, title.tmd and 00000026.app. They are the copies you provided with the SZFE package RBWii-DLC-Packer 2.1 tools on page 1.

AFAIK, IOS’s and CIOS’s are not needed to run RB3 from uniiloader, but I went ahead with updating IOS 56, 57, 236 and D2X CIOS’s 249, 250. Same sad result, the game loads/plays fine but the customs do not appear in the song list if I use SZFE slots 52+

Ikr? it’s just annoying to see that none of the customs loads on sZFE and sZGE content on emunand.

Seems the only way to load them is through sd card, besides it’s not that bad, only load times.

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

It’s odd because this is what uses to happen in Dolphin, which is similar to emunand. sZGE should certainly work though. You should be able to start from 003 with that one.

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 3,117 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button