[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    FernandoMCH
    Participant
      I’m getting 8 bytes. Either way, you can use a downloaded DLC BIN file to get yours or use the file from your NAND backup. You can even use FTPii to get the same file that your NAND backup should have given you.

i think u can also get the ID by using syscheck app in homebrew channel.

I have mine, and it is 8 bytes, but the reason I was wondering is because the common key file was supposed to be 16 bytes, so I have to use HxD instead of just pasting it in notepad. Am I good to just paste my ng_id in notepad then, or do I need to put it into HxD to convert it into symbols (?)

I’m having a strange problem with packing a custom of Uptown Funk. Other customs that I downloaded and converted were able to be packed just fine, but this one won’t. No matter what I use for folder names, it always looks for a .app that is one up from it.

Here’s a link to a screenshot. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tyL9X3kCgyNnFwbUEwRk00NFU/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas?

I have mine, and it is 8 bytes, but the reason I was wondering is because the common key file was supposed to be 16 bytes, so I have to use HxD instead of just pasting it in notepad. Am I good to just paste my ng_id in notepad then, or do I need to put it into HxD to convert it into symbols (?)

The ng_id is just a plain text file. No need for HxD for it.

FernandoMCH
      Participant
        I’m having a strange problem with packing a custom of Uptown Funk. Other customs that I downloaded and converted were able to be packed just fine, but this one won’t. No matter what I use for folder names, it always looks for a .app that is one up from it.

Here’s a link to a screenshot. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tyL9X3kCgyNnFwbUEwRk00NFU/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas?

why are u starting to pack at 044?

u should start at 052

did u edit the path in the songs.dta file?

Any ideas?

u should start at 052

I did start at 052 and went up to 255. I thought that was as far as I could go, so I started working backwards from 052. They seemed to be working, so I kept going… I just tried it with 256/257 and it seemed to work. How far up from 255 can I go?

FernandoMCH
        Participant

I did start at 052 and went up to 255. I thought that was as far as I could go, so I started working backwards from 052. They seemed to be working, so I kept going… I just tried it with 256/257 and it seemed to work. How far up from 255 can I go?

Idk to be honest, but u can use sZGE dlc packer, and pack the rest of the songs from there.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Any ideas?

u should start at 052

Looks like you got this figured out. You shouldn’t use the spaces before 052 because those are for DLC from the store. But because banner files were moved around when it was being added to way back then, the numbers aren’t a clean decimal to hex conversion. You shouldn’t be able to go too far past 500 or so because the TMD won’t have any info for it. I doubt more than that would work. But use sZGE if you need more room.

Any ideas?

u should start at 052

Looks like you got this figured out. You shouldn’t use the spaces before 052 because those are for DLC from the store. But because banner files were moved around when it was being added to way back then, the numbers aren’t a clean decimal to hex conversion. You shouldn’t be able to go too far past 500 or so because the TMD won’t have any info for it. I doubt more than that would work. But use sZGE if you need more room.

Thanks Stack. That makes sense. I appreciate the clarification.

FernandoMCH
            Participant

I have a question

I often play rb3 with a bunch of friends, but they are not so good, so it quite annoying when someon miss a note and that part of the instrument stops playing.

So, is there a way to the instrument songs to keep playing even when you miss a single note?

Also, seems there no way to low or mute the background volume sound (van, airplane, train) when choosing a song…

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Well, if it’s a multitrack song, you could find the mute volume value in the DTA and make it 0. I think that’s what it’s supposed to do.

FernandoMCH
                Participant
                  Well, if it’s a multitrack song, you could find the mute volume value in the DTA and make it 0. I think that’s what it’s supposed to do.

Well, i excepted to find a way to do that with a cheat or something so it applies to all songs (in game songs, dlc, customs)

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Just play easier difficulties and play better. People have put up with this before somehow in the past 7 or so years.

FernandoMCH
                    Participant
                      Just play easier difficulties and play better. People have put up with this before somehow in the past 7 or so years.

I don’t have any problem, i play very well with all instruments, my friends don’t play very well however,haha. But it doesn’t matter. Thanks Stacks

Hi Stack

The link for Tears for fears Mad World is wrong unfortunately – it’s the same as Sowing the seeds of love. Any chance you can get that sorted please.

Thanks fella – and I appreciate all your work.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button