[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    GanonMetroid
    Participant

First of all, thanks for this, and thanks for your autoplay and pro scripts for Dolphin! I’m planning on using them to test my charts in-game.

But I’m running into a problem getting these customs to work in Dolphin. In the Wii folder, I don’t see the 00010005 folder under title, and I don’t see a ticket folder at all. They’re not hidden, either. I tried just creating the folders but it caused the game to crash. Under the title folder, there are two subfolders: 00000001 and 00010000. Any idea what’s going on?

GanonMetroid
      Participant
        First of all, thanks for this, and thanks for your autoplay and pro scripts for Dolphin! I’m planning on using them to test my charts in-game.

But I’m running into a problem getting these customs to work in Dolphin. In the Wii folder, I don’t see the 00010005 folder under title, and I don’t see a ticket folder at all. They’re not hidden, either. I tried just creating the folders but it caused the game to crash. Under the title folder, there are two subfolders: 00000001 and 00010000. Any idea what’s going on?

Update: If I remove the ticket folder I’ve created, the game will run, but I can’t see any of the customs I loaded. As far as I can tell, I’ve followed the instructions just as they’ve been laid out.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Are you trying to set this up using the instructions from this guide or the RBHP guide? You should be downloading a pack of files that are required to be in your Dolphin NAND that should get it working. It can be picky about the tickets.

GanonMetroid
          Participant

That would explain it. All I grabbed were the files in the Dolphin DLC packer. I’m not sure I know which other files I might need, though.

For the record, I’m not looking at RHBP at all right now, I’m just looking at what’s in this thread.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

The tutorial is the same for setup, but more up to date. The folder you download should give you a working ticket, tmd, and sysconf file all in their proper directories. After that, the game should be reading it.

GanonMetroid
              Participant

Good news/bad news. I’ve got it running as it should, and I see that it’s loaded “3 new DLC” which are the three customs I’m attempting to load into it. But when I go into quickplay, all I see is the stock setlist. I figure I did something wrong when packing the songs but I’ve got no idea what, to be honest. Any ideas?

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

In Dolphin, the loading bar will appear regardless if the DLC worked. Make sure that the title0010005735a4145content folder exists and that the DLC is in there, in APP format. TMD should also be in there.

GanonMetroid
                  Participant

So, I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong. The game is running, it’s detecting DLC, the DLC isn’t showing up, just like I said. Here’s what I’ve got:

title0010005735a4645content

-00000001.app

-00000002.app

-00000026.app

-title.tmd

ticket0010005735a4645.tik

shared2sysSYSCONF

Am I missing something?

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

I’m not sure if 1 and 2 are valid for sZFE. Is this the NTSC version of the game? Make sure the DTA path is correct, though this would become an issue later.

Try setting more FF values in the ticket’s flag area. A truchatik already has these set.

bbsrtrain
                      Participant

What is the “official” cut-off for customs in the sZFE Folder. I’ve heard it’s 256, but I’ve also heard it can go much higher than that. I’m slowly working on my own customs and am wondering what the true ceiling to it is.

StackOverflow0x
                        Participant

You shouldn’t be able to go above the limit set in sZFE. The ticket wouldn’t read them, I think.

There’s sZGE if you’d like to try that from the page before.

GanonMetroid
                          Participant

the truchatik file seems to have done the trick! Thanks!

For what it’s worth, before doing that, I also separated all my songs into separate .app files, and the game said it was loading 254 songs when it was really just loading the 3. So. There’s that.

StackOverflow0x
                            Participant

Separating shouldn’t matter. In my experience, there is no limit on any of the file sizes, but odd glitches have happened in other cases. It’s always going to attempt to load 254 or whatever because it’s just basing it off the ticket.

Hello,

i managed to fix the other errors and i’m pretty sure i got all possible errors, with help of this forumbut now i stuck on the:

additional content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory error.

I downloaded the PAL Version of this Packer and the song is loaded after the game main menu, then the error rises.

I installed all 30 wads and 25 ios from the softmod tutorial and also the d2x-v8-final.I hope you could find the error in my system setup or give me some hints, i tried nearly everything.

SysCheck.csv: http://pastebin.com/HeYgAVZD

Thanks for your help!

StackOverflow0x
                              Participant

If it’s saying “additional”, does that mean you’re also loading more than one from some other generation? I take it you’ve installed the sZFP ticket from elsewhere though.

You can also try this sZGP WAD, a new generation for PAL. Just install the WAD and then try loading DLC built with its packer.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 3,117 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button