[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Where do I get the Common Key for my Wii? I have it softmodded and did the NAND backup

Edit: I think I found it, is it the same for everyone?

ebe42a225e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7

moc_os
    Participant

thanks for the reply. so about this unique ID thing… i don’t know how the development tools work (i’m on mac), is it something that can be added to the wii ready files from the database on my own or do i need access to the original files?

I’ve just tried setting this up for the first time, and I am getting this error:

“add-on content cannot be restored to the wii system memory”

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Did you get your ng_id filled? Does your SysCheck match the one I posted a few pages back?

thanks for the reply. so about this unique ID thing… i don’t know how the development tools work (i’m on mac), is it something that can be added to the wii ready files from the database on my own or do i need access to the original files?

Is there a hex editor you can download? You could also try to set up FTPii between your console and OS. Once accessed, you should see a ng_id.bin file that should be what you need.

But then there’s the issue of running any of the software after that. I don’t know if there’s a workaround to that at the moment.

moc_os
        Participant

i can get a hex editor.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

“add-on content cannot be restored to the wii system memory”

bbsrtrain
          Participant

You have to make sure you have the correct ng_id and common key in the packing folder that Stack has in the tutorial. Also make sure you have the right WADS installed. that was my big problem when I was getting the error. I didn’t have the WADS installed correctly but as soon as I did it worked.

How I find my Wii’s common key? I’ve been searching google and can’t find anything.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

You had it right.

SadoSnowy
              Participant

Unrelated, for those who have had to downmix multitracks that are not custom songs, there is now another option. Using the RAD Video Tools, you can produce your own multitrack BINK files to use instead of moggs. As far as I’m aware, you don’t get the pause/desync glitch this way because there is no mogg header to worry about. Observe this working code.

bink Audio.wav Audiodummy.bik /d950000 /m3.0 /O /l4 /p8 /r32000 /b16 /c1
                binkmix Audiodummy.bik Audio.wav Audionewmix.bik /T0 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio1.wav Audionewmix.bik /T1 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio2.wav Audionewmix.bik /T2 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio3.wav Audionewmix.bik /T3 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio4.wav Audionewmix.bik /T4 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio5.wav Audionewmix.bik /T5 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio6.wav Audionewmix.bik /T6 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio7.wav Audionewmix.bik /T7 /O /L4 /R32000
                binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio8.wav Audionewmix.bik /T8 /O /L4 /R32000

This expects you to rip the audio tracks from a mogg and name them in order as 0.wav, 1.wav, etc. You’d use the DTA to let the numbers stand in for the instrument parts. This code expects the files to be in a folder named Audio. It outputs a newmix.bik file which you can rename and use in place of a mogg file. L is compression quality and 4 is acceptable. I think even 10 sounded really bad. R is the audio rate, which downsamples it to a passable 32000 Hz. You need to paste this code in the Batch window that pops up when you click that button in the RAD Video Tools application. Also, I believe this only works on Wii and not Xbox or PS3.

Can you elaborate more on using RAD Video? When I try using it I get the following errors:

From what I understand the first line didn’t execute so It never created a ‘dummy.bik’ file. Was your tests done on an earlier version because it feels like the ‘bink’ command isn’t recognized or do I have the folders in the wrong location.

bbsrtrain
                Participant

I don’t know why but I keep having problems resetting the cache. When I go through it, it only resets the past few songs that I added. Isn’t it supposed to reset all the scores of the customs I have? I was trying to get the updated version of Hold The Line with the solo and I can’t really get them to reset.

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Are you sure you’re overwriting with a blank cache? It’s easy to lose track of what’s on the SD card if you’re using FSToolbox. If you’re erasing it outright with WiiXplorer, this absolutely should not be happening.

Unrelated, for those who have had to downmix multitracks that are not custom songs, there is now another option. Using the RAD Video Tools, you can produce your own multitrack BINK files to use instead of moggs. As far as I’m aware, you don’t get the pause/desync glitch this way because there is no mogg header to worry about. Observe this working code.

bink Audio.wav Audiodummy.bik /d950000 /m3.0 /O /l4 /p8 /r32000 /b16 /c1
                    binkmix Audiodummy.bik Audio.wav Audionewmix.bik /T0 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio1.wav Audionewmix.bik /T1 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio2.wav Audionewmix.bik /T2 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio3.wav Audionewmix.bik /T3 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio4.wav Audionewmix.bik /T4 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio5.wav Audionewmix.bik /T5 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio6.wav Audionewmix.bik /T6 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio7.wav Audionewmix.bik /T7 /O /L4 /R32000
                    binkmix Audionewmix.bik Audio8.wav Audionewmix.bik /T8 /O /L4 /R32000

This expects you to rip the audio tracks from a mogg and name them in order as 0.wav, 1.wav, etc. You’d use the DTA to let the numbers stand in for the instrument parts. This code expects the files to be in a folder named Audio. It outputs a newmix.bik file which you can rename and use in place of a mogg file. L is compression quality and 4 is acceptable. I think even 10 sounded really bad. R is the audio rate, which downsamples it to a passable 32000 Hz. You need to paste this code in the Batch window that pops up when you click that button in the RAD Video Tools application. Also, I believe this only works on Wii and not Xbox or PS3.

Can you elaborate more on using RAD Video? When I try using it I get the following errors:

From what I understand the first line didn’t execute so It never created a ‘dummy.bik’ file. Was your tests done on an earlier version because it feels like the ‘bink’ command isn’t recognized or do I have the folders in the wrong location.

Did I ever post this? This is the latest version of RockBiink.

It’s still doesn’t have all the features but it can really assist in building the Batch List files needed to run with Bink. Seeing as how newer builds of Bink started using binkc.exe, I’ve modified the tool to let you switch what executable to have it look for. You’ll get better results if you run the list from the folder where all the executables for Bink are. Then at least things shouldn’t be missing.

bbsrtrain
                    Participant

Ok. All I’ve been using has been FSTOOLBOX. I’ll have to try it through WiiXplorer. Is it sorry of the same method or how does it have to be done? Any certain way?

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant
                        SadoSnowy
                        Participant

Did I ever post this? This is the latest version of RockBiink.

It’s still doesn’t have all the features but it can really assist in building the Batch List files needed to run with Bink. Seeing as how newer builds of Bink started using binkc.exe, I’ve modified the tool to let you switch what executable to have it look for. You’ll get better results if you run the list from the folder where all the executables for Bink are. Then at least things shouldn’t be missing.

Alright, I got RockBiink to successfully convert my .wav’s into .bik and moved them in the place of the .mogg in the _song folder. However, when the song loads in the game, the music is playing at a much slower speed then the notes. I know something is setup completely wrong.

Here’s my RockBiink setup:

Here’s the track info from songs.dta:

(tracks
                          ((drum (0 1 2 3))
                          (bass 4)
                          (guitar (5 6))
                          (vocals (7 8))
                          )
                          )

The the split multitrack .wav’s are saved as stereo 16-bit PCM at 36000Hz through Audacity (with the exception of the bass track). Also, what exactly goes in mono track blank in RockBiink. I’m pretty sure it shouldn’t it be a mute track.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 3,117 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button