[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

It would have to be a problem in the DTA or BIN somewhere. The files seem fine on my end. I don’t know why the song count would ever filter on default. Again, could be a bad DTA somewhere.

bbsrtrain
      Participant

There must be a problem within trying to pack a few folders on my end. I changed the folder numbers they were in and are working fine. I tried a few other songs in those folder numbers and they didn’t work. It’s only a few folders so I’m not terribly worried about it. When I look through my songs all of them are there so idk what’s going on with that

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Yeah, some of that can be difficult to diagnose sometimes. It might just fix itself?

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

What’s supposed to happen when you reach the 1000 song limit? I’m trying to simulate it, but it’s tedious.

Dolphin 4.0-4250 keeps crashing and spitting out this error at the point when it should be loading DLC:

NANDContentLoader.cpp:218 W[DIO]: CreateFromDirectory: error opening D:/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/00010005/735a4545/content/title.tmd

I’ve tried multiple title.tmd files besides the one provided, but that only prevents it from loading the DLC. Is there anything I can do at this point?

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

I don’t know if I had linked this, but you should only have to add these files to the root of your Dolphin NAND root. Make a copy just in case. This should contain the tmd and ticket I’ve modified to work with this, so it should also work for you.

http://ge.tt/25Ebal52/v/0?c

Thanks for the help so far! Sadly, after starting on a new NAND with your provided files and then inserting the 00000001.app and 00000002.app files for the sample song into my content folder, I get this error when trying to play it. http://i.imgur.com/nHPoVSd.png

I’m also curious of the 000001d2.app file that was provided. Does it function like the 00000026.app file? Once again thanks for your help!

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

That might happen if files are named incorrectly. Check to make sure your DTA has the right info and the .app files are being made and put into the DLC folder. I just write a copy command in the packdlc file so it just builds and copies as fast and quietly as possible.

After fiddling around with the files you gave me, I found that the 735a4145 file as well as its corresponding ticket file needed to be changed to 735a4645 in order to play my songs. Afterwards, I tried to merge more songs into the default slot and then it stopped reading songs overall. I figured this was because the meta file was exceeding 500 KB, so I deleted the preview files and all is well so far. I guess i just need to create a new slot when one exceeds 500 KB? I saw in the guide that you mentioned there’s practically unlimited room while using Dolphin, but that also includes creating new slots every 500 KB correct?

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

Well, the reason the 735a4145 file was included was because all the tests I do are on sZAE. When I had tried my expanded sZFE before, it never worked. If you open it in a hex editor, 0x222 is where you can flag the bits yourself. Right now it’s set for just 10 or so songs because the loading is faster. You can set FF up to 0x262 to “unlock” the other slots, but it all must still obey the tmd provided. Yes, you’ll still have to create new folders if the meta folder is greater than 500 KB. The song folder size doesn’t matter here for some reason.

moc_os
                  Participant

i have a question. when playing customs i notice i never get the yellow batch for “you got a new high score” even tho i obviously got a better score than the previous time i played. is this just the way it is with customs? can it be fixed somehow?

i find the New High Score to be very motivating for pro drums as i’m at a point where my progress is very minimal so it’s good to know i improved some.

I think this is because there aren’t leaderboards for customs.

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

I thought it did at least show up. You’d have to add in a numeric song id to the DTA yourself to get them to save. Since Magma C3 now supports that, more customs should start coming with savable scores.

I thought it did at least show up. You’d have to add in a numeric song id to the DTA yourself to get them to save. Since Magma C3 now supports that, more customs should start coming with savable scores.

That probably explains why I had it show up for the “Blank Space” custom I put on recently.

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant

Here’s a trick to get a bit more functionality out of .app files on Windows if you’re interested.

Get FileTypesMan.

Find “.app”.

Add new action.

Name it something. (Unpack with u8it)

Put u8it somewhere where it will always be.

Add this for command line: “path/u8it.exe” “%1” “%1”, obviously with the path where u8it is on your system.

Right clicking on .app files will now let you unpack them to the same directory as the first folder inside it. It will be the “content” folder in this case. I don’t know too much about verb handlers to make it a tad more useful, but unpacking/repacking of them could be interesting in certain situations.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 3,117 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button