[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

I have a feeling once DB744’s and my “Cannot be restored to Wii memory” error gets a solution, along with a matching of SysChecks with him and Stack’s, I’ll be able to finally play this project. Work’s kept me busy, so I’ve held off working on this for awhile.

bbsrtrain
    Participant

I am having the same problem with the Content Cannot be restored error. I checked my SysCheck with Stack’s and he has a IOS 223 [37 + 38] and mine says IOS 223 [75] Im not totally sure where else my problems could be because I’m dern sure that I have all the WADS installed right and the right folder sequence. I haven’t touched it in a while due to school but I hope we can all figure this out together.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Try reinstalling that particular IOS again and try again. Maybe try a different installer. The syscheck must report the correct IOS.

Hello

I’m having some issues with upgrades.

I played some custom fine. I got the Wii to load the spoof updated dta, but when I try to play the harmonies or keys it crashes … I used the RBHP upgrade dta and the mid, so I don’t think it’s wrong

In any case, may someone help me?

Thanks in advance

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Don’t forget to load the upgrade midis somewhere. They’re packed like customs are. Don’t put too many together either.

For instance, I was trying to pack Nine In The Afternoon Keys Upgrade.

Downloaded the pre converted RB:HP, and in the file it had both the harmonies, keys and pro guitar upgrade.

I cleaned sZAE, used 007 for spoof file (this one got loaded), and 008 for the upgrade.

I cleaned sZJE and left Nine only.

In the wii the spoof .dta showed up with the harmonies and keys, could play the normal guitar, bass, vocals, but when I tryed both the harmonies or the keys it froze on loading screen.

Before trying the upgrade, I just tested playing some customs and got they loading both in the sZAE and sZOE.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

In the upgrade DTA, make sure you have the path to the upgrade inside it. It’s default to sZAE/000 which won’t work on its own. The fact that it lets you play it means the spoof file is working as intended. The upgrades can even be packed in another generation, like sZFE. That should also work if this one keeps giving you problems.

It was like this when it froze:

(midi_file "dlc/sZAE/008/content/songs_upgrades/nineintheafternoon_plus.mid")

Exactly where the mid file is.

EDIT1:

This is how it looks like:

007_00000007_spoof/
            content/
            songs/
            songs.dta
            008_00000008_upgrades/
            content/
            songs_upgrades/
            nineintheafternoon_plus.mid
            upgrades.dta

EDIT2:

I’ll try to pack to another generation … who knows?

I have a feeling once DB744’s and my “Cannot be restored to Wii memory” error gets a solution, along with a matching of SysChecks with him and Stack’s, I’ll be able to finally play this project. Work’s kept me busy, so I’ve held off working on this for awhile.

School’s kept me absolutely crazy, so I can’t sit down and work on it. I don’t know what the issue could be. I’ve tried installing the WADs through every IOS betwen 245 and 250.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant
              It was like this when it froze:

(midi_file "dlc/sZAE/008/content/songs_upgrades/nineintheafternoon_plus.mid")

Exactly where the mid file is.

EDIT1:

This is how it looks like:

EDIT2:

I’ll try to pack to another generation … who knows?

Yes, try that. It is building the necessary bin file, right? It also has to be read by the game at some point. If it’s still freezing, show me your song cache. You can get it off the system easily if you use WiiXplorer to FTP into your save and upload it.

I’m playing on emunand, so I’m using the .app file.

I just don’t why it’s not reading the upgrade file.

You want the MSTORE.VFF? I’ll send it later.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Yes. Because even on emunand the process should be nearly the same. I’ve done it on Dolphin many times too.

Thanks for the help, everything working now.

There’s just one thing that I’m a bit confused.

In the RB:HP Nine In The Afternoon .dta the Band rank is 180 and in the oficial .dta is 142, if I remeber it right.

Is there a problem?

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

Okay, glad it’s working now. Sometimes those errors seem entirely random.

I think the difficulty for that song was adjusted up at some point I can’t remember. It’s to accommodate the higher Keys difficulty but you can change that back if you want.

bbsrtrain
                  Participant

Finally got my customs to work and I’m having a blast with them. I only have a few small things going on now. When I look at the top of the screen that says how many songs I have its saying 488 out of 491. I don’t know why it’s showing this because I have the filters all to default. Any Ideas??? Also, I cant get Strange Deja Vu to load up in my song list and when I go to play One Last Time and The Dance of Eternity, they come up as it can’t be restored to the system memory. Is that a path issue I’d have or a problem with the bin files?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 3,117 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button