[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Load times are probably not affected that much. It just always takes a long time to load the store. The guide is due for an update, but only when I finish a few things beforehand.

Greetings again! I’ve gotten my DLC wad situation sorted out thanks to the links provided by Kixero above [edit]. Now I’m moving on to upgrading all my current DLC with the Rock Band Harmonies upgrades. The first thing I notice is that in the RBHP Master Package for Wii, it includes upgrade files for Lego Rock Band and Rock Band 1. Now I’m like, wait a minute, there’s a way to get my RB1 and L:RB songs into my RB3 also?? I was able to get my RB2 imported through the content wads having the ticket for the upgrade. But what about RB1 and Lego Rock Band? How does someone get those songs into Rock Band 3??

Once I get all my songs imported and upgraded to RBHP, then I’ll start messing with custom songs. I don’t want to take on too many angles at once! Any help with the above question would be fantastic.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

There’s a way to get LRB if you have the disc. You unpack it.

RB1, only relies on unethical means.

So for my problem with my SD card, I send messages to StackOverflow and we found a solution :

I installed the wads in this video (

for NTSC /

for PAL ) this alllowed me to have all the DLC in the store.

In addition I installed d2x ( click here ) to install a cios with base 56 rev 21 on slot 248. I launched the game with this ios and everything was solved ! :dance:

A big thanks to StackOverflow !

Ok, so I have managed to soft mod my 4.3e wii using Modmii.

I installed all the wads included in that PLUS the pal ones as mentioned in Kixero’s post above.

I have also tried that d2x thingy.

It’s all worked and everything BUT when I load the game from my disc (because at this stage I haven’t created a USB loader – awaiting my ordered product) – if I go to get more music (as per the benefits of installing those wads in Kixero’s post) I get error code 204036 and I can’t get any more songs.

Help !!?

Kixero, if you use an external hard drive for running the game, what do you have, and if possible, is it on this list (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List)?

I use a WD My passeport I don’t remember which one exactly but i’m sure it is on this list because I looked at it when I softmodded my Wii (a long time ago).

It’s all worked and everything BUT when I load the game from my disc (because at this stage I haven’t created a USB loader – awaiting my ordered product) – if I go to get more music (as per the benefits of installing those wads in Kixero’s post) I get error code 204036 and I can’t get any more songs.

Someone got the same error and he uninstalled and reinstalled the wads with the ios 36 he got the -1022 error like me but it means that it’s well installed (weird but true) and he got his error solved. Try this.

Thanks matey – tried that – using wad manager I chose IOS 36, then tried to batch install the wads, but got error 2011. It allowed me into the music store but all my licenses were disabled and could no longer play my originally downloaded songs.

So went back into 249 ios, installed the wads again (error 1022) which is fine, but back in the music store – error 204036 again.

Any other suggestions ?

Koit I did some research on that error code and cross referenced it with my own experiences in installing the wads. I would recommend that you use WAD Manager and Kixero’s wads to UN install all of your content wads, and do so repeatedly–in my case, it was as many as 3 times per wad–until WAD Manager gives you an error -4100 indicating that the wad is completely gone. Once you get that for all the wads, then reboot and go back into WAD Manager and install each wad and try it.

I suspect that your problem may be similar to what mine was, in which the fact that you had content wads already (from having downloaded DLC before) is conflicting with the similarly-named wad that you’re installing but which has different info. My research shows that 204036 is given when there’s a difference between what the system is requesting (in DLC) and what it thinks you already have. This may or may not solve your problem, but it solved mine. Give it a try and report back!

Thanks Casey

Tried that too, no joy I’m afraid. Managed to uninstall all of Kixero’s linked WADS using wad manager and all worked ok. Then when I tried to continue to uninstall them, it gave error 106, not this 4100.

Installed again, and same error 204036 trying to reach music store.

Okay maybe it was the 106 when it was fully uninstalled, and the 4100 when it’s trying to install it and it’s already in there. Either way it sounds like you’re doing that part right and your problem may be elsewhere.

The only other thing I can think of is that you mentioned, I believe, that you’re still doing this from the disk itself. I seem to remember reading elsewhere that there can be problems with this: your whole issue might go away when you set up USB. For myself, I have the game running from USB with the DLC on a 32G SDHC card. I run the game through USB Loader GX on 249. My IOS set came from the Softmod Any Wii guide at wiihacks.com. This is what worked for me, perhaps you’ll find some insight in trying to replicate a system that’s known to work.

Yeah I’m kind of hoping that it’s that, so when I do get USB loader sorted, all issues dissolve away.

Will let you know once I have got this sorted.

Then I shall be free to help any PAL user too.

There’s a way to get LRB if you have the disc. You unpack it.

RB1, only relies on unethical means.

I’m curious; do relevant RB3 achievements show up for LRB, RB1, and AC/DC show up if you’re able to have the song files in question, like for the PS3 and 360? And would the same go for converts of XBOX-only Rock Band Network songs? T’would be awesome if it’s possible.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Yes.

I already got the free songs achievement so sadly missed.

Kind of makes me wonder how Harmonix expected us to get these on the Wii without customs. Nice to know the achievements are hard-coded after all. I have all the discs (with the exception of AC/DC), so it’s great that there’s an alternate approach to further completion.

Ok, I’m so close yet so far……

I have created a pack and I think I made an error in that the common key was empty…. I have since edited the common key file and input “ebe42a225e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7” – I believe that’s correct as i took it from a previous post in this long thread.

Anyhow, I’ve created the bins and have moved them to the SZFP folder on my SD card. This is because I’m on a PAL machine. Assume this is correct ?

I appreciate if an error was made, I will have to cache reset.

So using the instructions on page 1, I copied the FSTOOLBOX folder to the root of the SD. Using the app FStoolbox, I tried to navigate to 00010000/535a4245/data and find the MSTORE.VFF file, but the 535a4245 folder isn’t listed !!!!

there’s a 4240 and a load of others but not this one – help !?

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Yeah, so sZFP is different that folder doesn’t exist because you’re looking for the next closest folder. This also means you’ll need sZFP ticket and tmd files in place of sZFE files.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 3,117 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button