[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,956 through 2,970 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

right, i’m doing this. NAND ID is the right numbers to the file?

the bootmii shows NAND ID and saved keys for console numbers below

Yep, when the backup is in your SD Card you gonna get 2 files, nand and keys, the keys file have the ID of your Console, with that you copy the ID a put it in the ng_id file, don’t modified the common_key

Anonymous

alright, but now shows me the error: the device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used.

i guess i have to find some other SD card and put the folders with recent files

As far as I understand how cIOSes works, the number of the slot doesn’t matter, you can install any cIOS in any slot, you just need to install the right one and select the slot that it was installed in.

However, if you followed any good wii hacking guides, the right cIOS should be installed in slot 249. If you have doubt on what you installed on your Wii I think the linked Wii hacking guide on the first page of this thread includes methods for already hacked Wii, you’d basically just need to download a set of WADs and install them.

Sorry for the late reply, but I’ve confirmed that everything is set up correctly, with system 56 being downloaded to both 248 and 249. Like I said before, CFG USB Loader freezes on “booting, please wait…”, and I just tried with USB Loader GX, which freezes on a black screen after hitting play. The game works perfectly on cIOS 224, but then I get the “Device in the SD slot cannot be read” error because it’s not running off of system 56. For some reason, my game just doesn’t want to boot up RB3 with 56. I know this may not be in the realm of Rock Band specifically, but does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?

Anonymous

somehow installing Modmii was not a good idea, of course I got my console ID however it seems that the game does not recognize any other SD card. Was anything changed with ios? if I could undo this, would the console ID remain the same?

somehow installing Modmii was not a good idea, of course I got my console ID however it seems that the game does not recognize any other SD card. Was anything changed with ios? if I could undo this, would the console ID remain the same?

Yeah, the ID will be the same.

Install D2X Ios V8 Final

Anonymous

thanks, now the game can use the SD card, but here in my case it failed to add the customs. said the SD is corrupted, probably after that should have deleted the BIN files

Anonymous

“Add-on content is corrupted and cannot be read from SD card”

Anonymous

i did it! sZFE does not work! I just needed to replace sZFE by sZGE at all.

alucardla
              Participant

Hi friends. I just have a query. My Wii is running 950+ songs. All good. But, as more songs are released, I find I’m accumulating probably another Wii’s worth – the more non mainstream stuff mostly, that I know my friends that do come round to play, will have no interest in playing.. I realize that scores are over written at 1000 or so, so I’ve kept it under that limit (otherwise how do you know you improve?). Is there a way to run a second set of songs? Or do I need to set up a new Wii? Put the new songs on another SD card with another hard drive on my existing Wii, or something else, and will that blow up my save? I really don’t want to try just in case. How are you handling it? I’m sure I’m not the only one?

Cheers for all the good stuff, especially this forum

Sorry to come later to the party.

Like Alternity said you can raise the song limit to 3000 using some cheat codes.

Unfortunately, I tested it myself and I came to a conclusion that the scores the game can save do not pass around 1000, 1200, etc.

After you reached that number the first song you play in a session will have the score saved.

Every other song you play after it will not save the score.

The only way to “fix” that is

Enter in your profile, play one song, exit from your profile, re enter your profile and play other; Repeating this for every song you want to save the score : enter profile, play one song, exit profile, re enter, play one song, ect.

My opinion?

It’s not worth it.

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

My RB3 Save Scores Viewer tool can help manage your score data. You can backup or remove individual scores from each player profile. So that’s an option if you’re reaching the limit on savable scores.

seg45
                  Participant

i did it! sZFE does not work!

Did you install the sZFE wad to make that folder usable?

seg45
                    Participant

Does anyone know if there is a way to make a 40 minutes song like Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (not the one in the database) smaller if it’s already single track?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15oNZFLf1PpC922FcRSsXOjPMDMXYukcQ

Anonymous

Did you install the sZFE wad to make that folder usable?

yes and several times I installed this one first and when I saw that it did not work I installed sZGE and sZHE and using the rename method the text file for sZFE did not work, when I replaced it with sZGE it worked perfectly (this after I got my ID).

seg45
                        Participant

Did you get the right common key file, ng_id, or 00000026.app?

Anonymous
                            No, the common-key was the same one that is in the sZGE folder.
                            the ID I got after BootMii and you can see the follow-up of this process by returning a page of that topic.
                            and this 00000026.app does not exist, I’ve questioned it several times where it was but no one knew how to respond.
                          Viewing 15 posts - 2,956 through 2,970 (of 3,117 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button