[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,941 through 2,955 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      here are my last doubts about virtual NAND. Which is the path to emuNAND?
      in the NAND folder (in HD), the path to the customs is straight from title? or do I have to create a folder named sZFE/sZGE and thus create the 00010005 and the rest?
      Anonymous

No one can give you BIN files to try as BIN files are encoded with a console ID. BIN files only ever works on a single Wii.

but these files are made directly from packdlc.bat, right? at the moment it’s just generating me app files (those are for virtual nand). I have a BIN file that the game moved to SD card automatically, it fit for something?

You need to follow the guide at page one. If the program isn’t giving you BIN files there is something you haven’t done, or done wrong.

Anonymous

For those using SD cards, you’ll need two more files: ng_id.txt and common-key. Blank placeholders are in the packing folders by default. They won’t work by themselves! To get ng_id.txt, take any official DLC you have downloaded and drag it into the Wii Converter window of C3 CON Tools. You’ll be asked to save a text file. This should be an 8-character hexadecimal value in plain text. For common-key, just find it wherever online. This one must be a 16-byte file in hexadecimal and must not be all zeroes.”

it’s only in this part here that it’s not working. there is no official DLC, literally nowhere, no longer sells and who has not going to give. I already searched and did not find it.

also says that you need to get a common-key, it seems that what already comes in the folder does not work. I do not know what that is but I did a search and did not find it. in ng_id.txt that has in the folder is showing 0231cbcb, but I will not focus on these two files as I know they are generated from an official DLC which is practically impossible to happen so I am asking for the BIN files that are generated by this packdlc.bat

You can get the ng_id from a DLC from any game.

common-key is not generated by a DLC, it is found on the internet but we cannot share it because of legal reasons. Google is your friend.

If you really can’t find any DLC for any game, I think you could install a custom directly in the NAND and have the game transfer it onto the SD card, but I can’t confirm if that would work, I’d wait the answer from either stackoverflow or someone else that actually did this. Do NOT take a habbit of installing custom songs directly in the NAND as your NAND has very limited space, I am proposing this as a potential way to get your ng_id in the event that a DLC is not possible to find.

Anonymous

why the first download link of this tutorial is for sZGE if below it it asks to rename the sZAE/000 meta folder for sZFE/054? Should not it be sZGE too?

Anonymous

Folder structure… Yeah that could be a little vague at first. Basically, it’s how your song folders should be organized. Using the packing tools and sample song as a base, you add more folders with new songs in them. The tools make the necessary files out of these folders, so you’ll see how this becomes useful.

Let me get a screenshot of what mine looks like.

See how it looks like the starting folder I provide? You add on, incrementing the number each time. And actually, seeing as how one of the files is 500 KB, I may have been wrong about the cutoff mark before that file stops getting read because it loaded just fine for me right now.

OBJECTION!

in the tutorial you used these two meta and song folders, which in this case is 054 and 055 respectively. however said that the result after running the packdlc.bat would be 052.bin and 053.bin, but in this print link these 2 files appear as 054.bin and 055.bin just as it has happened to me. there are controversies in the tutorial, these small failures create a mess and miss for several hours trying to do the right thing until the person tires and gives up.

If the program it is not giving you the bin files maybe is because you delete something and you going to need to extract again the program, or see if you put correctly the decimal and hexadecimal numbers in the folders and song.dta.

Anonymous

was what had happened, I had deleted the file 00000001.app per incident that by default was already in the conversion folder (that of sZGE). I was able to generate BIN files, however they were with those files that were already in the folder (ng_id and common-key). I am now in the process of making the game recognize the customs but it has only given that frequent error “add-ons content can not be restored to wii system memory”. I am confused if the SD folder should be sZFE as it says in this tutorial itself or sZGE, I already installed the two wads but I only tested it with the sZGE folder, now I’m going to try with sZFE.

was what had happened, I had deleted the file 00000001.app per incident that by default was already in the conversion folder (that of sZGE). I was able to generate BIN files, however they were with those files that were already in the folder (ng_id and common-key). I am now in the process of making the game recognize the customs but it has only given that frequent error “add-ons content can not be restored to wii system memory”. I am confused if the SD folder should be sZFE as it says in this tutorial itself or sZGE, I already installed the two wads but I only tested it with the sZGE folder, now I’m going to try with sZFE.

So, the ng_id file you put the ID of your Wii or WiiU?

Anonymous

So, the ng_id file you put the ID of your Wii or WiiU?

I did not change the file, I executed the packdlc.bat of the one that already came in the folder

I did not change the file, I executed the packdlc.bat of the one that already came in the folder

You need to get a backup of your Wii to get the ID cause without your ID of your Wii or WiiU you can’t play customs with BINs files

Anonymous

You need to get a backup of your Wii to get the ID cause without your ID of your Wii or WiiU you can’t play customs with BINs files

like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Leb07DtQ8 ??

are 16 numbers to ng_id file?

like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Leb07DtQ8 ??

are 16 numbers to ng_id file?

No, search in YouTube a tutorial about how to install BootMii in Wii

Anonymous

No, search in YouTube a tutorial about how to install BootMii in Wii

right, i’m doing this. NAND ID is the right numbers to the file?

the bootmii shows NAND ID and saved keys for console numbers below

Viewing 15 posts - 2,941 through 2,955 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button