[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,926 through 2,940 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

If you look at the first post you’ll find gecko/ocarina cheats that can be used to up the limit to 3000 or even higher.

Here is what I pulled from my cheat file:

$Max Songs Limit is 3000
    208FBEDC 000003E8
    048FBEDC 00000BB8
    E0000000 00000000
    $Max Songs Limit is 4000
    208FBEDC 000003E8
    048FBEDC 00000FA0
    E0000000 00000000
    $Max Songs Limit is 5000
    208FBEDC 000003E8
    048FBEDC 00001388
    E0000000 00000000

Obviously you can technically go higher, though you might have some glitch. I’ve had one occurence of a glitch with about 4.5k songs while playing on Wii servers through dolphin where all menu items only showed the starting letter (Only the menu items, not the songs.. i.e. the setlist opion, or the start menu, etc). This only happened once though so I don’t really know what to think about it.

JDK_13
    Participant

Is there a cheat code to fill out a band. 1 player and 3 auto players?

As Stack said, it’s none or all. Sorry, pal.

If anyone is interested in playing customs online!

I will be waiting at find online players

imac007
      Participant

As Stack said, it’s none or all. Sorry, pal.

If anyone is interested in playing customs online!

I will be waiting at find online players

Thanks….oh well …I don’t play online much anymore….maybe I’ll get back to that.

The autoplay is pretty handy for getting accomplishments I’d never get myself.

So after a few weeks of setting up the system and taking a break at it, I’ve got nearly everything set up, but I’m running into some late-stage issues. After getting the error message of “The device in the SD card slot cannot be read”, I realized I was running the game through cIOS 224 when I should be through 248. So I download system 56 v10 onto 248 using d2x, but when I try to run the game on CFG USB Loader, it freezes when trying to boot the game; I tried the same with cIOS 249 with the same results. Do you have any advice on how to get around this? Any advice I’ve seen on the CFG bug tells me to use 223/4, which I don’t think would work.

So after a few weeks of setting up the system and taking a break at it, I’ve got nearly everything set up, but I’m running into some late-stage issues. After getting the error message of “The device in the SD card slot cannot be read”, I realized I was running the game through cIOS 224 when I should be through 248. So I download system 56 v10 onto 248 using d2x, but when I try to run the game on CFG USB Loader, it freezes when trying to boot the game; I tried the same with cIOS 249 with the same results. Do you have any advice on how to get around this? Any advice I’ve seen on the CFG bug tells me to use 223/4, which I don’t think would work.

I think you need to download the v8 if you are using a Wii (not a vWii) and the 56 base with 245

As far as I understand how cIOSes works, the number of the slot doesn’t matter, you can install any cIOS in any slot, you just need to install the right one and select the slot that it was installed in.

However, if you followed any good wii hacking guides, the right cIOS should be installed in slot 249. If you have doubt on what you installed on your Wii I think the linked Wii hacking guide on the first page of this thread includes methods for already hacked Wii, you’d basically just need to download a set of WADs and install them.

Anonymous

i have a question.

already in the wii (I use USB loader GX), do I have to do something in the settings? there are NAND options, it was global but I changed to full and now it asks me to leave the ios in D2x ios …

i have a question.

already in the wii (I use USB loader GX), do I have to do something in the settings? there are NAND options, it was global but I changed to full and now it asks me to leave the ios in D2x ios …[/quote

The only thing you need to do is put the iOS to 249 because the customs need this iOS.

In nand don’t touch anything at least if you need to use a emunand.

Anonymous

i have a question.

already in the wii (I use USB loader GX), do I have to do something in the settings? there are NAND options, it was global but I changed to full and now it asks me to leave the ios in D2x ios …[/quote

The only thing you need to do is put the iOS to 249 because the customs need this iOS.

In nand don’t touch anything at least if you need to use a emunand.

is the path to emu still the same? I changed to title / 00010005 / 735a4645
            but nothing happened
            Anonymous
              Well, I’m posting the prints from my twitter because there’s no way I can copy neither the image nor the link from the files.
              follows the tweet link, it shows the SD card and virtual NAND folders

@duknine2

https://twitter.com/duknine2/status/1101902094846644224

as you can see about virtual NAND, there is no 00000026.app file in the folder and the title.tmd I pasted from the packing tools. that’s why you’re missing some detail about the virtual NAND, when the game starts it gives preference to the SD card and ignores the NAND files.

If you want to try using a loader for an emunand, you might want to dump your NAND and use that. If you already used customs on your real NAND all the files needed will be dumped and you’ll only need to bother with packing songs.

However, it seems very tricky to use loaders. When I tried my personnal experience wasn’t successful.

Anonymous

I did something that should have must have made some change, no longer giving error on the SD card. before it said “Content can not be restored”, now loads but I do not have BIN files. could anyone give me some song already converted for me to take the test? I’m trying to put the songs to send to the SD card but I can only get the apps.

If you are trying an emunand you want app files not BIN files.

Anonymous

If you are trying an emunand you want app files not BIN files.

yes, but it is obvious that I gave up the emu NAND, it does not work for the thousandth time that I tried. now I want to try for the SD card, this time it seems that the game recognized.

No one can give you BIN files to try as BIN files are encoded with a console ID. BIN files only ever works on a single Wii.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,926 through 2,940 (of 3,117 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button