[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,821 through 2,835 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Did you pack four songs to a slot? See my signature for a guide to maximize your efficiency.

Hi mate, yeah I’ve done up to 8 – 10 per slot, just got loads…… but have ran out in sZFP…….. what next do you reckon ?

Here is what it shows on the program. Building apps and bins show up properly, so I don’t really see where I’m going wrong with this.

https://imgur.com/a/rvD17oU

Would love to have this figured by Thursday so I could have some new songs added. Crossing my fingers.

Also, as I stated before, I am completing this process (compiling songs) on a completely different computer, but I still am using the same SD from before. Basically, I had a working SD and upon moving I decided I wanted to add some new songs, so I redownloaded C3 and all the necessary files on this post and proceeded to compile songs as if I were to modify them on my old computer. The only issue is I needed to get a new ng_id and common key, so I assume it’s related to the ng_id. What I don’t understand is I did the same process as before, which is to get a random bin file from SZAE and convert it via C3 to get the ng_id file; I just don’t know if I picked the same song is all, but that doesn’t matter right?

Atruejedi
    Participant

Hi mate, yeah I’ve done up to 8 – 10 per slot, just got loads…… but have ran out in sZFP…….. what next do you reckon ?

I use sZGE and sZHE… so I have two generations to play with. Unless you can get another generation working, you might be up a creek.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Here is what it shows on the program. Building apps and bins show up properly, so I don’t really see where I’m going wrong with this.

https://imgur.com/a/rvD17oU

Would love to have this figured by Thursday so I could have some new songs added. Crossing my fingers.

Also, as I stated before, I am completing this process (compiling songs) on a completely different computer, but I still am using the same SD from before. Basically, I had a working SD and upon moving I decided I wanted to add some new songs, so I redownloaded C3 and all the necessary files on this post and proceeded to compile songs as if I were to modify them on my old computer. The only issue is I needed to get a new ng_id and common key, so I assume it’s related to the ng_id. What I don’t understand is I did the same process as before, which is to get a random bin file from SZAE and convert it via C3 to get the ng_id file; I just don’t know if I picked the same song is all, but that doesn’t matter right?

I’m not sure, because this hasn’t been tested, but maybe it doesn’t like having new customs being added in the middle of the list in a different configuration? Probably something with the TMD? You could try a different generation and see if that works. Because otherwise it looks correct. You could try a different BIN file for the ID as well, if you have your doubts.

If you’re really all out of room, you could try to set up sZHP. I don’t think anyone ever got this working for some reason. The NTSC version of this gen works but PAL, I’m not too sure. Another option could be to go back to sZFP and use its open slots. Either one should be enough.

alucardla
        Participant

Hi
          After trying numerous times make RB3 work with new versions of Dolphin I’m more or less give up;
          I’ll stick with old versions for some more time until my motivation to try again comes back.
          Did someone knows if the wii versions links in the legacy database are back ?

Thanks!

I’m not sure, because this hasn’t been tested, but maybe it doesn’t like having new customs being added in the middle of the list in a different configuration? Probably something with the TMD? You could try a different generation and see if that works. Because otherwise it looks correct. You could try a different BIN file for the ID as well, if you have your doubts.

If you’re really all out of room, you could try to set up sZHP. I don’t think anyone ever got this working for some reason. The NTSC version of this gen works but PAL, I’m not too sure. Another option could be to go back to sZFP and use its open slots. Either one should be enough.

I’ll avoid things that haven’t been proven to work, but when you say go back to sZFP and use its open slots, what do you mean please ?

I have a problem:

I have Rock Band 3 in PAL version

and I use the two Packers (The sZGP and sZGE) and when I am loading the game, appears a red process Bar that is loading the custom but when the process end the game tell me that the dlc (customs) are broken and it can not be read.

I don’t know what is the problem, I reset the cache but it doesn’t work.

If There’s a solution please tell me.

Thank You

P.S: Sorry for speaking bad the English, I am Argentinian

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

I’ll avoid things that haven’t been proven to work, but when you say go back to sZFP and use its open slots, what do you mean please ?

Previously, we used sZFE for NTSC versions and sZFP for PAL versions. This is a content generation used for a small batch of RBN songs, but remained mostly unused and has several open slots. It’s not recommended because obtaining the WAD to allow customs for this generation would affect the RBN songs tied to them. But if you do have a WAD for it, then it’s possible to build customs for sZFP and pack more songs in the slots it allows. Do you have the WAD for this generation?

I have a problem:

I have Rock Band 3 in PAL version

and I use the two Packers (The sZGP and sZGE) and when I am loading the game, appears a red process Bar that is loading the custom but when the process end the game tell me that the dlc (customs) are broken and it can not be read.

I don’t know what is the problem, I reset the cache but it doesn’t work.

If There’s a solution please tell me.

Thank You

P.S: Sorry for speaking bad the English, I am Argentinian

Since you’re on PAL, you’ll want sZGP. Have you installed the WAD for it first? Is the game booting through IOS249? Are all your IOSes up to date? Cache resetting will only be necessary after the game has successfully read in a custom.

Previously, we used sZFE for NTSC versions and sZFP for PAL versions. This is a content generation used for a small batch of RBN songs, but remained mostly unused and has several open slots. It’s not recommended because obtaining the WAD to allow customs for this generation would affect the RBN songs tied to them. But if you do have a WAD for it, then it’s possible to build customs for sZFP and pack more songs in the slots it allows. Do you have the WAD for this generation?

Since you’re on PAL, you’ll want sZGP. Have you installed the WAD for it first? Is the game booting through IOS249? Are all your IOSes up to date? Cache resetting will only be necessary after the game has successfully read in a custom.

Ok, so the dlc packet that I used first was the another one, after the game give me the error I tried also with sZGP, again the game give me the same error.

1_ Actually, I install the WAD file after trying to get the custom working ( as I said that didn’t work xd)

2_ Yes, the game is always booting with IOS249.

3_ All my IOS are updated to the last version for the wii.

One thing that I just tried is if Rock Band 3 in NTSC version works with the dlc packet for NTSC.

I didn’t work, again :’v

Just a FYI, DLC region on wii isn’t affected by the disc region, but it is affected by the console’s region (for RB3 anyways).

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

Ok, so the dlc packet that I used first was the another one, after the game give me the error I tried also with sZGP, again the game give me the same error.

1_ Actually, I install the WAD file after trying to get the custom working ( as I said that didn’t work xd)

2_ Yes, the game is always booting with IOS249.

3_ All my IOS are updated to the last version for the wii.

One thing that I just tried is if Rock Band 3 in NTSC version works with the dlc packet for NTSC.

I didn’t work, again :’v

Also check your ng_id and common-key file. Those are often off and would cause that error. And to Alternity’s point, region is based on console. Make sure you’re using the correct region. If you have any official DLC, you can find out what content generations they are using.

Also check your ng_id and common-key file. Those are often off and would cause that error. And to Alternity’s point, region is based on console. Make sure you’re using the correct region. If you have any official DLC, you can find out what content generations they are using.

1-The ng_id I put the ID of my Wii in the file “keys” of bootmii.

The common-key I don’t know if is ok this “ëä “^…”äHÙÁEsª÷”

And in another common key I have

“ebe42a22e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7”

I don’t know if which of this are ok or I have to put another common-key (if you have one please give me a common-key that it works)

2-I have tons of official DLC and everyone have the folder named as “sZ[whatever]E”

I should try download a rbn song for see if the folder sZFE works or something?

Tell me what I have to do please

Thanks ;D

Don’t worry man.

I just resolved the problem, I use as a folder the name “sZGE” (Obviously I have to rename also The Meta folder)

Any updates on the original CON for Fluttering Romance 2x?

Here is the link, that should be it. https://dl.c3universe.com/5251b1de1ab2b

For future reference, if you find broken links from the old format you can just take the last portion of the broken link and use the new format with it. If you want a clear example you can look at the legacy link vs the link I just provided.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,821 through 2,835 (of 3,117 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button