[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,791 through 2,805 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Hi

would please someone help me.

I went to play rock band 3 and chose the song “muse- butterflies and hurricanes” custom selecting keys,

Something strange occurred.

The song started and just one note came and when i pressed it, it scored 5 stars and no more notes came. but the song go on until the end.

Even the keyboardist animations were working correctly, even the solo part came but no more notes except for the one in the beginning that scored 5 stars.

If someone has the wii version of the song could you please post here, maybe I am using a converted Xbox version but I don’t know for sure.

Thanks

Sorry for my atrocious english.

Do you have the version of the file you used? That’s a strange bug.

PAL/NTSC doesn’t matter at all with Dolphin, only the savefile is different.

You need to either install the wad file or place the tmd, the app and the tik file where they belong. I’ve also never were able to use the custom generations so I suggest using official HMX slots, only problem with that is that we do not provide the files for those, you need to find them on your own. Google is your friend.

Also, the folder path you are providing is wrong. The “game” folder should be 00010005 and not 00010000. Whatever video you were watching it is wrong. The right path is written in the tutorial on the first page of this thread and that’s what you should follow.

Also, it is recommended to use 5.0-2561 or older to avoid problems with DLCs/customs.

I’m not sure if installing WAD files works properly on the emulator, but I’ve always just placed the correct ticket in the ticket folder. That and the TMD for the content generation folder is all that really seems to matter. Newer versions of the emulator are fine too. You can have ubershaders and all the new performance gains and custom DLC together!

So they fixed the filesize issue? Interesting.

alucardla
      Participant

Do you have the version of the file you used? That’s a strange bug.

Hi. Mr. Stacks.

Yes I searched in my folders and discovered it is an Xbox version converted by c3 con tools.

Here it is, I uploaded this to my mega . co account.

https://mega.nz/#!bZFQyIZS!OfZ0WLZ8TNeAXJpc3h9f7SZFCKjdLhOxcvIYwuAlybc

This song is wonderful on keys if someone have the wii version please post to me.

Thank you Stacks, for always helping me.

So they fixed the filesize issue? Interesting.

Hi Alternity

I want to know this too because i’m using the 5.0 1777 version for a very very long time since they changed the way the DLC reads!

And I’m hoping to be able to use a new version of Dolphin because in the newest versions for example the black instruments problems in

G H WOR are starting to be fixed, maybe RB3’s is next??

Let’s hope Mr. Stacks confirm to us they changed back the file size limits on Dolphin or was just a misunderstood with his phrase.

Just like you, i understood that new versions fixed dlc. I will not try by myself because i’m afraid of the freezing beeps in my memory who freeze my Pc last time.

So, I dabbled around the newer dolphin version, and there’s an interesting thing happening with AIM on: the game crashes on difficulty selection.

Not sure exactly which version is safe so I’m gonna stick with my old ass 4.0-9399 version lol.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Hi. Mr. Stacks.

Yes I searched in my folders and discovered it is an Xbox version converted by c3 con tools.

This song is wonderful on keys if someone have the wii version please post to me.

Thanks. I’ll look into this when I get the chance.

So, I dabbled around the newer dolphin version, and there’s an interesting thing happening with AIM on: the game crashes on difficulty selection.

Not sure exactly which version is safe so I’m gonna stick with my old ass 4.0-9399 version lol.

Someone else was having the same problem. Not sure what’s going on. I just tried the latest version as of now (5.0-8785) and everything seems to work fine. In fact, I even saw a tutorial pop up for regular Keys, which is something I never saw, even on console.

alucardla
          Participant

Thanks. I’ll look into this when I get the chance.

Someone else was having the same problem. Not sure what’s going on. I just tried the latest version as of now (5.0-8785) and everything seems to work fine. In fact, I even saw a tutorial pop up for regular Keys, which is something I never saw, even on console.

Thank you , Mr. Stacks, you’re a reliable friend, always helping the others. and thank you for looking in to my file.

Do you confirm the newer versions of dolphin fixed the size limit again ? Can I finally trade my 5.0 1777 for the newest one??

Or the new versions still need you to use the customs slot per slot and not the old method to merge various song songs in the same slot.

Tnx

EDIT: I took courage and tried today one of the newer versions.

Unfortunetely, the looping problem persists. They don’t fixed it.

Yeah. Back to 5.0 1777 then.

Maybe someday Dolphin devs will fix this and everything will work again. But like Aragorn said

But it is not this day!”

seg45
            Participant

For some reason songs 2 (Angels by Avenged Sevenfold and Sumire Uesaka from Pop Team Epic) don’t show up on my library despite being single track and meeting all expectations to run properly on wii? Does anyone know why? Also, does the fact that I the 2x Bass Pedal version of Angels mean anything?

Songs that don’t show up on library means that the DTA file is not where the game expects it. I’d suggest trying other slots, or merging the songs in slots that are known to be working.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

EDIT: I took courage and tried today one of the newer versions.

Unfortunetely, the looping problem persists. They don’t fixed it.

Yeah. Back to 5.0 1777 then.

Maybe someday Dolphin devs will fix this and everything will work again. But like Aragorn said

But it is not this day!”

Not sure what’s wrong. The newest version works on mine. You could try backing up all your settings and try setting it up new.

Hi. Mr. Stacks.

Here’s your converted custom.

I don’t know what may have been wrong with it, but I converted it to Wii, ran the MIDI through MIDI cleaner, converted the audio, converted the Milo, and tested it in-game. It seems to work just fine now.

alucardla
                Participant

Not sure what’s wrong. The newest version works on mine. You could try backing up all your settings and try setting it up new.

Here’s your converted custom.

I don’t know what may have been wrong with it, but I converted it to Wii, ran the MIDI through MIDI cleaner, converted the audio, converted the Milo, and tested it in-game. It seems to work just fine now.

Thank you very much for your help; Very appreciated.

Gonna play this marvelous Keys in this song

Did you ocnfirm that newer versions of Dolphin fixed the size limits? And now you can pack multiple songs in the same slot like it was before?

My custom loads okay then it goes to a looping in “finding dlc ” and never stops.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

tnx for the custom.

UPDATE:

Tried the last version posted of the emulator, with new settings, and just using nand minimal files for the customs appear.

Same problem, but this time I made a video of the problem.

Could you please look if you already have seen this? Thank you.

https://youtu.be/nc6Rq6LWjmM

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

In the ticket files, set on the flags for the content you’re using. If everything is flagged (usually by all FF values), then the emulator will try to load everything. If you’re only using the first 2 or 3 slots, then you only need one FF, probably.

wjVUR8v.png

Look at the highlighted part. Those are probably the only bytes that need to be FF in the ticket. Try matching that and see if it works.

can someone please help me out with setting up customs im just stuck at the folder structures

alucardla
                    Participant

In the ticket files, set on the flags for the content you’re using. If everything is flagged (usually by all FF values), then the emulator will try to load everything. If you’re only using the first 2 or 3 slots, then you only need one FF, probably.

wjVUR8v.png

Look at the highlighted part. Those are probably the only bytes that need to be FF in the ticket. Try matching that and see if it works.

Hi Mr. Stacks
                      I think this answear is for me.

Please forgive my noobiness.And my bad english too.

By your explanation I think you want me to open my ticket file in hex editor and change some values, but I’m a disgrace with hex editors and such.

I’ll try to fill you in what I know about slots that I used and my tickets in ticket folder.

In every official gen folder I have some DLC of mine from the time my Wii was alive(for example 735a4a45,735a4645, ect).
                      Let’s count Official DLC out for now, ’cause it’s not the problem.
                      Back to customs then.
                      The folders I’m using are 735a4745, 735a4845 and 735a4945. Inside of every folder I have a “content ” folder and inside this I have used these slots:
                      00000001 Meta (merged songs in all of them with c3 con tools)

00000002 song

00000003”

00000004”

00000005”

00000006”

00000007”

00000008”

00000009”

0000000a”

0000000b”

0000000c”

0000000d”

0000000e”

a title.tmd and another .app file (similar to 00000026.app from RB3 dlc packer).

These conclude the itens in my custom folders.

In my tickets folder I have the tickets 735a4745.tik, 735a4845.tik and 735a4945.tik.

When I open these tickets in Hex Editor they are very similar to the ticket from your image above.

They are very similar to 735a4645.tik too.
                      sorry for my noobiness but I just can’t understand what I have to change in hex editor to make these customs work on newer emulator versions.

If you please want to see them I linked them below:

Please forgive me for the size of this text and thank you very much for your patience.

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant

These tickets don’t look legit. They’re all named differently, but they all have sZAE inside of them. Newer versions are a bit stricter when it comes to those kinds of things. If you want to use just customs, sZAE is recommended, and that would be a ticket called 735a4145.tik. The flagged bits are fine, so it shouldn’t be trying to read from many slots you may not have content in.

alucardla
                        Participant

These tickets don’t look legit. They’re all named differently, but they all have sZAE inside of them. Newer versions are a bit stricter when it comes to those kinds of things. If you want to use just customs, sZAE is recommended, and that would be a ticket called 735a4145.tik. The flagged bits are fine, so it shouldn’t be trying to read from many slots you may not have content in.

HI

Based on what you told me, I think I can use just sZAE for customs.

If I put all my customs in the slots from 00000001 to 00000042 of the sZAE folder (735a4145) instead of using the other folders (735a4745, 735a4845.. etc,) from 00000001 to 0000000e they will work on newer versions?

Can I merge various songs in the same slot using sZAE folder the way it is told in tutorial?

Can I use my official dlc and customs at the same time if they are not from sZAE gen?

I’m a little slow, sorry

Thank you very much for your patience.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,791 through 2,805 (of 3,117 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button