[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,731 through 2,745 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    EuroMIX
    Participant

Yeah you need to convert the numbers to hexadecimal for the latter half. So 058 would be 058_0000003A, not 058_00000040.

I had to learn this myself when I started due to being unfamiliar with hexadecimal.

Atruejedi
      Participant

My spreadsheet has all the hexadecimal info you’ll need, hopefully.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j8gfvqnorbbjq8/customs.ods?dl=0

seg45
        Participant

I have some rba files for some songs(technically it’s one large song in a bunch of parts). I turned them into con files with the con converter on the C3 Con tools. I when I try packing them into bin files I get:

Errors found:

382_0000017E_DreamTheater-SixDegreesPt._meta Path is /000/content/should be /382

You need to change /000/ to /382/ in the DTA file. You possibly need to change sZAE to whatever generation you are using too.

seg45
          Participant

Yeah i did that and still get that error.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

I have some rba files for some songs(technically it’s one large song in a bunch of parts). I turned them into con files with the con converter on the C3 Con tools. I when I try packing them into bin files I get:

Errors found:

382_0000017E_DreamTheater-SixDegreesPt._meta Path is /000/content/should be /382

Can you give a little more details on what’s happening for you to get this error? The suggestion Alternity gave should work, but I need more info to find out why that didn’t work.

seg45
              Participant

Well i changed it to the correct number and correct generation. The thing is this really only happens with con files that were originally rba files.

Hi, I’m using Dolphin Emulator.
                I’m trying to force black venues (or video venues) in Rock Band 3 with Gecko Codes but I can not make it work.
                I have seen that it is possible … watch this video:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGLMVC4R0k

You need concentration mode cheat to be on and turn on All-Instruments Mode in-game.

Some people calims to have done it without AIM on but I’ve never been able to.

drenal
                Participant

hi it’s me again, i have another problem but not the same as last time (that problem was a filename error, stupid mistake thats my fault). this time im having trouble with resetting the cache. on wiixplorer i navigate to the folder, but i wasn’t able to find the data folder (theres a file named data, though). can anyone help?

EuroMIX
                  Participant

hi it’s me again, i have another problem but not the same as last time (that problem was a filename error, stupid mistake thats my fault). this time im having trouble with resetting the cache. on wiixplorer i navigate to the folder, but i wasn’t able to find the data folder (theres a file named data, though). can anyone help?

Is this on the original Wii or the Wii U’s virtual Wii (vWii)?

drenal
                    Participant

Is this on the original Wii or the Wii U’s virtual Wii (vWii)?

im on my wii u

EuroMIX
                      Participant

You (apparently) can’t delete the MSTORE.vff file directly using WiiXplorer on a vWii like you can on an original Wii. You’ll need to follow what I’ve quoted below:

I actually worked it out in the meantime; use SGM to extract the save, put the SD card into a PC and navigate to the extracted save, delete MSTORE.vff, put SD card back into Wii, use SGM to install save, load game and the cache will reload.

I tried editing the MSTORE.vff directly with a hex editor, however it looks like it can be super tricky to try, as my attempt caused the game to lock up. I’m guessing you can only make minor edits that don’t change the overall file size, or must really know what you’re doing.

SGM stands for Save Game Manager, which is a homebrew app that lets you extract and install saves to your system. I’d recommend at least keeping a backup of your most recent save, just in case, and remember to extract your save again if you make any further progress in the game else you’ll either lose progress using an older save, or worse. Just make sure when you reset your cache this way you extract a fresh copy of your save each time and back it up.

drenal
                        Participant

You (apparently) can’t delete the MSTORE.vff file directly using WiiXplorer on a vWii like you can on an original Wii. You’ll need to follow what I’ve quoted below:

SGM stands for Save Game Manager, which is a homebrew app that lets you extract and install saves to your system. I’d recommend at least keeping a backup of your most recent save, just in case, and remember to extract your save again if you make any further progress in the game else you’ll either lose progress using an older save, or worse. Just make sure when you reset your cache this way you extract a fresh copy of your save each time and back it up.

Since I don’t have my laptop on me, is it possible for me to install the Homebrew with WiiLoad, then use Wiixplorer to delete the files directly from the wii u?

Hello, i need help with the ng_id.txt and common-key. Do I need to BUY a original DLC for the ng_id.txt”? And the common-key some one have a link for that? hope can help me, regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,731 through 2,745 (of 3,117 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button