[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,716 through 2,730 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    giravolt
    Participant

and i use usb loader GX to play the game

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

the first link doesn’t work “this comprehensive guide” so i’ve just download wiixplorer and place the unzip folder in the app folder…but maybe there was something else to do? and yes i am in europe, it can’t work?

thanks

Oh, the guide is finally gone? Here is the guide archived.

For using a European version of the game, you should be using the PAL packer files. This means the generation you should be using is sZFP, not sZFE.

giravolt
        Participant

Hey thanks , i just have to replace the name of the folder into sZFP or is it more complicated than that? What is the “PAL packer files” please?

Do i have to follow with the mod guide?i already have the homebrew chanel and my wii was modified with a chip long time ago (more than ten years). thanks

EuroMIX
          Participant

Download the files listed under “DLC Packer 2.1 PAL version” on the first page. These ones: http://keepitfishy.com/d.php?540ba330a51ad

The regions have some differences in how they handle DLC so you can’t really just pack with one when your system is set up for another. Use the PAL packing folders for your case, and remember to change the generations to match that region e.g. sZAE should always be sZAP; if you see that E, change it to a P.

giravolt
            Participant

Many thanks really…hope i will suceed one day. I didn’t understand if I need to creat a sZFP folder or use the sZAP (wich already exists), i’ve tried both and didn’t really work, but now i have an error message (in french) on the menu of RB3… it said (i translate)

“the license for the additional content has been removed from the console’s memory. To use the additional content, download the additional content again”

do you have a

giravolt
              Participant

do you have an idea please?

thanks

EuroMIX
                Participant

The DLC is split into different content generations, so sZAE/sZAP is broken down into “sZ” which is the game, “A” the generation, and “E/P” the region.

sZAP is the first PAL DLC generation, with nearly every other continuing chronologically (sZBP, sZCP, etc). Generation F was for Rock Band Network songs, but only partially used, that’s why you can use the later slots without conflicting with official DLC. Stack, the OP, has also been able to enable the use of a few other content generations such as G and H that weren’t used at all.

The main packing folder listed is for the F generations though, and you should probably start with that one. sZAE/sZAP was just an example, the point is you should always make sure when these DLC generations come up that sZ[whatever]E is sZ[whatever]P in order for customs to work on PAL region systems. This includes the DTA files, which you can open and edit with programs like Notepad on Windows.

Whatever you pack should be placed within a folder on the SD card related to the respective generation, so sZFP should be in the sZFP folder; if there isn’t one, create it. The folders should be in “private/wii/data”.

Does that make sense?

giravolt
                  Participant

yes it is enough clear i think, thanks (even if it is a little difficult in english)… but is this why i have an error message on the menu of the game? i’ve tried with A sZAP and sZFP, and i have both the error message.

thanks

The license message probably means you didn’t install the needed WAD file for the generation you are trying to use. C3 does not provide the WAD file for the ones you are trying to use since they are official generations. I suggest trying one of the custom ones, they will include a WAD file that you can install using any WAD manager, you are looking for error -1022 instead of a normal success. If you still want to use the official generations you will have to find those WAD files elsewhere. (google is your friend)

giravolt
                    Participant

Great…thanks everybody now everything is working!! but still one question, on the custom songs database 90% of the songs are only for xbox…is there a way to play them on wii please?

EuroMIX
                      Participant

If the custom’s audio is single-track, you can just convert it with C3 CON Tools Wii Converter option, edit the resulting folders so that the numbers and content generation you want to pack in is correct, then pack it with that generation’s DLC packer, e.g. sZFP.

You can also check the legacy database for Wii-compatible versions of customs for songs that may not be single-track (multi-tracked ones).

Whether multi-tracked customs will work on the Wii or not depends on several factors:

1. The song folder is less than 40MB in size.
                        2. The number of audio channels is 10 or less (most shoot for 8/9 to be sure).

2. is probably the biggest problem as the more instruments the more audio channels, made even worse if there are keys as well. If the MOGG audio file is unprotected (not encrypted) then it’s possible to compress the channels down into a BIK file, but this takes its own set of knowledge and work to do.

Why 10? 12 seems to work fine for me.

I recall some songs working for me and not for others on real wii… I wonder what causes this.

EuroMIX
                        Participant

Any more than 10 channels risks causing the game to lag in my experience.

I’ll assume the Wii can only handle so many concurrent audio channels at once, especially dynamic ones.

For me it really is anything over 12, so it looks like not every Wiis reacts the same way…. that’s interesting.

giravolt
                          Participant

Sorry but can we use the hexadecimal 058_0000003A after the 057_00000039 please? or it must only with numbers?

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 2,716 through 2,730 (of 3,117 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button