[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,686 through 2,700 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

The meta folder size is also important. I think for the SD method the limit is 500kb or something similar?

If it has a large MIDI file it might need modification or something. Removing unneeded difficulties should help. Maybe even unneeded instruments.

seg45
    Participant

Guess I overlooked that on the guide. thx again

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

If the game is freezing at the loading screen, it could still be something else. What’s the midi file size?

EuroMIX
        Participant

So I’m setting customs up on a vWii and I’m come across a problem I’ve seen hinted at before; deleting the cache/MSTORE.vff. On the Wii this is super quick and easy with WiiXplorer, however the necessary data folder is an unknown file instead that I can’t open.

Does anyone know of an easy way to reset the cache back to 0 without ruining anything else? Thanks.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Does WiiXplorer not let you set the NAND write option on vWii?

Could a save game manager like this one help? You may have to extract your save, edit out the cache, then put the save back.

EuroMIX
            Participant

Does WiiXplorer not let you set the NAND write option on vWii?

It does, however it has no noticeable effect on the necessary file. I can’t even copy and paste it.

Could a save game manager like this one help? You may have to extract your save, edit out the cache, then put the save back.

This may not be as quick as the Wii method, but I’ll give it a try thanks.

seg45
              Participant

Hey Stack how exactly can

If the game is freezing at the loading screen, it could still be something else. What’s the midi file size?

How exactly can i check the midi size?

Look for the .mid file in the song’s files and check the size.

seg45
                Participant

K

EuroMIX
                  Participant

Does anyone have instructions on how to use SaveGame Manager GX to delete the cache? I would like to ensure that I do it correctly.

seg45
                    Participant

The midi file size is 1,452 KB

So, considering the meta folder should be 500kb at most, this is highly over the limit. Only way to go around it is modifying the midi file, or try to ask the author to make a very smaller midi file for wii SD users.

EuroMIX
                      Participant

I know this is slightly off-topic, but does American Pie (the last Wii DLC) not show up for anyone else in the NTSC music store? I know it’s in the PAL one because I’ve downloaded and played it. It doesn’t even show up at all for me in the NTSC one, not even as unavailable, or anything.

seg45
                        Participant

Actually yes me too i got before it disappeared

seg45
                          Participant

Also would the shutdown of the Wii Shop Channel affect the Rock Band 3 Music Store?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,686 through 2,700 (of 3,117 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button