[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,656 through 2,670 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    DerickCM
    Participant

Use a single track version by or alter the multitrack to use less than ten channels so the Wii can handle it, ideally by requesting the author convert it. Neither are usually easy prospects without the authors help. I’ve personally converted a bunch of songs myself by finding multitracks online or through custom authors, in the latter case so Wii-compatible customs can be available to the public.

For the F generation I’d recommend only going as low as 052; the slot the test song Stack provided uses. I’ve found slots higher than that are typically okay.

The only lower slot I have a folder for is 009 because I personally upgraded The Touch with album art.

G and H should both allow pretty much every slot to be used freely for customs since they were never used.

How can I use these folders? Just create a folder named SZGE (or SZHE)? No file needed inside them?

Thank you for your answer!

You need to create the folders but most importantly you need to use the correct packer for the correct generation. If you want to use sZGE you will need to pack using the sZGE packer.

Hi, I’ve looked everywhere for an answer to this problem and I couldn’t find one. I’m currently trying to clear my cache, but WiiXplorer refuses to open the “data” file and FSToolbox gives me an error when I try to overwrite MSTORE.vff. I’m currently using d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii on what I believe is IOS58. Any help would be much appreciated.

You could try using FSToolBox maybe? I don’t know if that error will still be there using another software.

I think FTPii also lets you read/write the NAND through ftp.

I guess it’s worth to say that these programs are dangerous if you accidentally delete wrong files and stuff, be cautious. If one of these lets you delete the cache, you don’t need to replace it with an empty one the game will create a new one.

DerickCM
      Participant

You need to create the folders but most importantly you need to use the correct packer for the correct generation. If you want to use sZGE you will need to pack using the sZGE packer.

Hello! Thank you very much for your answer!

Could you please tell me where to find it?

First page of this thread, where you downloaded the other one.

Hi there,

Im in a bit of a situation here…I don’t quite understand the portion where you mention the ng_id.txt. Where am I given access to a .bin file? Is there a sample somewhere in the folders that I can use? Im unclear as to where I would get “Official DLC”.

There are free songs in the store, download at least one of them on your SD then place this SD in your computer, go into private folder, from here I don’t really know the structure since I don’t use the SD method but you should eventually find sZAE folder or something similar (sZAP, sZBE, etc) and grab one BIN file in there. Open C3 CON Tools, select wii converter and drop the BIN file in there (you might have to switch to merge mode? not sure), it should give you your ng_id.

Atruejedi
        Participant

Hello! Thank you very much for your answer!

Could you please tell me where to find it?

Go to the Packing Like a Pro link in my signature.

There are free songs in the store, download at least one of them on your SD then place this SD in your computer, go into private folder, from here I don’t really know the structure since I don’t use the SD method but you should eventually find sZAE folder or something similar (sZAP, sZBE, etc) and grab one BIN file in there. Open C3 CON Tools, select wii converter and drop the BIN file in there (you might have to switch to merge mode? not sure), it should give you your ng_id.

I see. Is the store not closed for the wii players though? I thought they already cut us off. In which case, are you saying I should find out which DLC is free and try finding it in the C3 database?

Edit: I was able to use Rock Band 2 DLC.

The in-game store in Rock Band 3 is still open.

RB2 DLCs are compatible with RB3, so it doesn’t matter. I think you can get ng_id from any wii game since this is your console id.

The in-game store in Rock Band 3 is still open.

RB2 DLCs are compatible with RB3, so it doesn’t matter. I think you can get ng_id from any wii game since this is your console id.

Thanks very much for the assistance. Im having trouble finding a common key though. I attempted to use ShowMeWads to generate one for me but got a .bin file with script I don’t understand.

I’ll send some help in PM since I’m not sure if I can share this here, considering they don’t.

DerickCM
          Participant

Guys, is it possible to “know” which song is a bad song in the sd card?

My Teenage Dream song is broken – probably I made a mistake – and it doesn’t work. The album cover doesn’t show up and there isn’t even the “loading” logo when scrolling it. Once I try to load it, it says it cannot be transferred to wii’s memory. I cannot delete it. When I try to, it says “are you sure you want to delete 0 song?” Everytime I hit yes, “unable to delete”.

The question is, I have more than 400 songs and I really DONT know the song number. Is there any method?

Thank you all always for helping me out!

I don’t think there’s a way to peek into these BIN files, unless I’m mistaken. The best way to deal with this is to keep the folders you’re packing to BINs so that you can come back and modify them and repack them easily afterwards. There’s a sticky post about it (How to pack like a pro).

Viewing 15 posts - 2,656 through 2,670 (of 3,117 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button