[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,551 through 2,565 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Your best bet to find the problem is removing everything from your SD card (assuming you are using the SD method) and adding songs instead of trying to remove stuff. Keep a backup on your PC then just add until the problem appears.

I was afraid you would say that… I suppose at this point starting clean is the way to go, but reloading 750 songs isnt that appealing.

Reloading isn’t too bad after a clean wipe. I’ve gotten used to it as I have been reorganizing and updating songs. Having something else to do makes it go by faster. I’m sitting on above 1100 songs (customs and official DLC), and it takes about 15-30 minutes.

EuroMIX
    Participant

I still have a bit of a buffer, but I’m still dubious about going above the 1000 song limit, even with the cheat, because I don’t want to lose scores. I’m generally quite picky though, so I still have a few hundred songs to go before it becomes a problem.

The more you have the longer it takes to reload, which thankfully I haven’t done in a while. I can’t imagine how long it takes for those that push the extended limit to the near-3000 maximum.

Maybe one day someone will figure out how to do a custom hack of RB3, like I’ve seen for other games, that’ll tweak certain settings in a way that cheats can’t fully account for.

The cache creation time is divided by alot if you go the emunand route, which is probably the most convinient once set up (as you may have noticed in these forums, setting that up for RB3 isn’t exact science).

TBH if you can find a way that works for you, it’s totally worth it. Creating a cache with 3k songs on emunand takes at most 10-15minutes. I can’t imagine how long that takes on real NAND.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Hey Stack, question about a song on the legacy database.

The Wii version of Mother by Danzig seems to sound incomplete in the conversion process. The snare seems to be non-existent, and I don’t hear much of the bass guitar.

To remedy this I tried to convert the CON version, which sounds pristine, but the catch is that it stutters due to the full multitracks not playing nice. Is there a way to fix this?

I’ve uploaded a new version that I reconverted. This one should be all right.

I still have a bit of a buffer, but I’m still dubious about going above the 1000 song limit, even with the cheat, because I don’t want to lose scores. I’m generally quite picky though, so I still have a few hundred songs to go before it becomes a problem.

The more you have the longer it takes to reload, which thankfully I haven’t done in a while. I can’t imagine how long it takes for those that push the extended limit to the near-3000 maximum.

Maybe one day someone will figure out how to do a custom hack of RB3, like I’ve seen for other games, that’ll tweak certain settings in a way that cheats can’t fully account for.

You can back up scores with my score viewing tool. You can even choose which songs you want to keep scores for if you really wanted full control.

Hey guys, does anyone here have experience with using emulated NANDs? I’m trying to set one up so I can use longer/higher quality songs, but for the life of me, I can’t get it to work with Rock Band 3. Currently, I’m using NeoGamma and d2x cIOS to play a burned backup of the game which works fine for playing songs off of the SD card. I’ve tried to use neek2o, but every time I try and load RB3, it gets passed all the opening logos but stops right before the video intro thing and freezes. I’ve also tried dumping my NAND to the usb drive and using USB Loader GX to just emulate the save files, but even when I set the paths and such, the game just goes right to my real NAND. I’ve been pulling my hair out over this for weeks, can anybody here help me out?

I’ve uploaded a new version that I reconverted. This one should be all right.

Works like a charm! Thanks, Stack!

Also, a more curious question, have you worked on any Ocarina codes for other Rock Band titles? Wiird and Gamehacking.org have been a mite paltry in this regard, which is a shame, because it would be really cool if Autoplay existed for Beatles, Lego, or Green Day (which would be a boon for achievement hunting and therefore gaming-backlog-clearing).

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Works like a charm! Thanks, Stack!

Also, a more curious question, have you worked on any Ocarina codes for other Rock Band titles? Wiird and Gamehacking.org have been a mite paltry in this regard, which is a shame, because it would be really cool if Autoplay existed for Beatles, Lego, or Green Day (which would be a boon for achievement hunting and therefore gaming-backlog-clearing).

It probably should be easy to port, assuming the games have native Autoplay.

Atruejedi
          Participant

It probably should be easy to port, assuming the games have native Autoplay.

Speaking of codes, I’m still having issues with the “Video Venues Never Appear” code. It loads fine, but it has no effect… assuming that effect is to always have your band’s avatars on the screen, right? I still get flying tigers and flying drum kits often. Here’s the code I’m using:

Video Venues Never Appear
            04CB91F0 00000000

To clarify, I’m using a real Wii.

EuroMIX
            Participant

Does video venues apply to anything but all-instruments mode? I’ve never understood their use, and I haven’t seen them outside of that and videos I’ve watched of RB games played online.

Video venues automatically appears online and in All-Instrument Mode, you don’t need to use a cheat for that.

Atruejedi
              Participant

I’ve misunderstood the purpose, then. But let me ask for clarification: What precisely is a “video venue?” I thought the code would always force avatars to appear instead of generating the psychedelic flying tigers/drums.

Is there a code to force avatars to appear all the time?

The video venue is simply a video playing behing the highway with notes. Only the wii version has this.

DDR has a similar background.

The code to force them to appear should be Video venue never appear? I’ve never tried to accomplish that I usually go for the black background.

EuroMIX
                Participant

What are the venues on the other versions of the games with the film-style count in and psychedelic backgrounds then? Here’s an example of what I’m talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuEHs-oJLrw

I think, if I have to, I might apply the cheat to always show the band members, because I honestly prefer that at this point in band games, assuming that using the respective cheat doesn’t cause performance issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,551 through 2,565 (of 3,117 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button