[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,446 through 2,460 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

I would have to go back and see what I had in those .apps to remake them, but no, I haven’t. It was still working properly with those.

The song was loading with hex numbers in place of the decimal numbers; as in playable and all? This is strange. Sent a PM with something that might help you.

Yes, it was. Except now that I’m up to 00F, no new songs can be added.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

If you’re on Dolphin, I don’t think the BIN files pertain at all to this. Since Dolphin also expects sZAE, then at some point the sequence is going to break because sZAE is an official content generation. If you’re on an older version of Dolphin, you can just pack as many customs as you want into one slot and you shouldn’t have to manage multiple slots. If you’re on a newer version, then you may have to just skip that slot number.

EuroMIX
      Participant

I’ve been discussing this with Stack and Atruejedi on and off on discord, but for those who might be curious I’ll also put it here.

I’ve been experimenting with the RBHP format, and I’ve discovered that it causes album art to show after a song when returning to the library. Non-disc songs typically don’t do this, even official ones that already have harmonies.

I’ve also discovered that you can invoke this “feature” with customs simply by adding in the RBHP songs_upgrades folder, and including an upgrades.dta pointing to the correct location for what song/s you pack, and also at least a “dummy” midi file (mine just has a single, empty track). I think you need both of these, otherwise it won’t work properly.

Also I’ve had problems getting files to work properly with the RBHP dta format for everything but the upgraded harmonies (and also even with a few of them), but using the normal dta format seems to work fine.

Here’s an example of what normally happens to the art when you return to the library (the art shows beforehand when selecting):

This is a file I custom edited to add the RBHP upgrade format, but without harmonies included (I’ve since added harmonies to this song):

I don’t know if there’s much anyone can, or will, do with this information, though I think it could be useful in giving Wii RB3 files an extra level of polish. I’m curious if anyone else will have the same success with this as I have, and I’m willing to send some files to people to test if you PM me and are willing to take the time to test and give feedback.

To be honest; the easiest way to use RBHP upgrades is to upgrade directly the original DTA and the MIDI. With spoofing I never got it 100% working (for some reason some songs did work and some did not). I shoult point out that I never got problems with custom pro guitar/bass upgrades; the problems were for keyboard and harmony upgrades. (Problem being game completely ignores the upgrade)

I don’t know how realistic this is with the SD method though; considering the BIN files are tied to your console I have no idea if you can unpack them.

And also just a heads up: If you play online and select a custom upgrade that your friend(s) don’t have; your console will freeze on the spot.

EuroMIX
        Participant

I don’t really play online, so hopefully that shouldn’t affect me, but yeah, that’s something people ought to be aware of.

I’m reloading for some customs I’ve upgraded in this way and I’m curious to see how they turn out.

Edit: All of them work as I’d hoped; album art shows after playing them. I might do this for as many customs as I can.

imac007
          Participant

Ok, since I have been making song packs I’ve had to check file sizes. I noticed that the song folder of Genie in a Bottle (Christina Aguilera) is 44.4MB. It’s too big for SD use. Is there any way to make it smaller so it will play in game?

I never noticed before, but I did notice that the song will not play.

Thanks in advance for any help….I love this forum, so many knowledgeable people.

Atruejedi
            Participant

Ok, since I have been making song packs I’ve had to check file sizes. I noticed that the song folder of Genie in a Bottle (Christina Aguilera) is 44.4MB. It’s too big for SD use. Is there any way to make it smaller so it will play in game?

Thanks in advance for any help….I love this forum, so many knowledgeable people.

Unfortunately, even if the file were BELOW the 40MB maximum for the song folder, the song would still stutter like shit. This song would specifically need a single-tracked version or a Wii-friendly multi-tracked version with lower quality audio.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

You’ll have to ask the author to make a Wii version that will solve this issue. If the author doesn’t respond, I can handle this too.

imac007
                Participant

You’ll have to ask the author to make a Wii version that will solve this issue. If the author doesn’t respond, I can handle this too.

Thanks

I just sent the author a PM, let’s see what happens.

If you’re on Dolphin, I don’t think the BIN files pertain at all to this. Since Dolphin also expects sZAE, then at some point the sequence is going to break because sZAE is an official content generation. If you’re on an older version of Dolphin, you can just pack as many customs as you want into one slot and you shouldn’t have to manage multiple slots. If you’re on a newer version, then you may have to just skip that slot number.

I have no idea what .BIN files you’re talking about. It’s still not working even with using the correct hex and decimal numbers for both parts of 0xx_000000xx.

015_0000000F and 016_00000010 causes the same problems that 015_00000015 and 016_00000016 does: an endless loop of Finding Downloadable Content > Loading Downloadable Content

Skipping it ahead to 17 and 18, respectively, does nothing, the songs simply do not appear then.

What am I doing wrong?

Skipping ahead to ANY number doesn’t work. Even tried into the 200s… nothing, the songs don’t appear.

Why can’t I add any more song packs after it gets to that awful 015_0000000F?

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Skipping ahead to ANY number doesn’t work. Even tried into the 200s… nothing, the songs don’t appear.

Why can’t I add any more song packs after it gets to that awful 015_0000000F?

It could be the ticket. But more importantly, which version of Dolphin are you using?

How would I correct a problem with the ticket? I’m using the system files in the OP.

Dolphin 5.0.

The Loading/Finding DLC loop does end after about an hour… with an emulator crash, because apparently it’s starting to do a memory leak or something. I’m not really sure. Next time it boots up, same deal.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,446 through 2,460 (of 3,117 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button