[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,371 through 2,385 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

I tried uninstalling and installing sZFE but I still get the error…is there a special way I should title the customs? I have about 80 or so official DLC so should I name my customs accordingly?

you’re suppose to get an error

you’re suppose to get an error

I mean the cannot restore error. Sorry for not making that clear

Taken from OP “If you’re getting a “Content cannot be restored” error, this usually occurs because either the _song folder may be missing, or the _meta folder is not structured properly.”

​So basically what I think is happening here is the structure is not what it’s supposed to be. Make sure that in your DTA file the path is the correct one (For both generation and the slot you’re using), and that of course the file names are the correct ones.

What do you mean by slot and generation? I have switched it to sZFE but made no further modifications to the DTA file

What do you mean by slot and generation? I have switched it to sZFE but made no further modifications to the DTA file

You need to find a line that looks like this:

“dlc/sZAE/097/content/songs/Shudder_before_the_beautif/Shudder_before_the_beautif”

and change the “/sZAE/097/” by the correct generation and the correct meta slot number for each song in the same slot (or same DTA file).

You need to find a line that looks like this:

“dlc/sZAE/097/content/songs/Shudder_before_the_beautif/Shudder_before_the_beautif”

and change the “/sZAE/097/” by the correct generation and the correct meta slot number for each song in the same slot (or same DTA file).

Alright mine reads

“dlc/sZFE/052/content/songs/one/one”

I deleted the sample track from the packing folder, hence the 52. I put the bin files in the sZFE folder and I am still getting the cannot be restored error…I tried resetting the cache too and that didn’t work

EDIT: i noticed that there is NOT a sZFE wad file. Could this be the problem? I also have a second SD card that I’m thinking to try it on because my official DLC may be causing the problem.

Alright mine reads

“dlc/sZFE/052/content/songs/one/one”

I deleted the sample track from the packing folder, hence the 52. I put the bin files in the sZFE folder and I am still getting the cannot be restored error…I tried resetting the cache too and that didn’t work

EDIT: i noticed that there is NOT a sZFE wad file. Could this be the problem? I also have a second SD card that I’m thinking to try it on because my official DLC may be causing the problem.

I doubt its your Official DLC, what do you mean “ i noticed that there is NOT a sZFE wad file” what are you installing then?

alucardla
    Participant

Hi.
      ​In the newer versions of Dolphin the custom dlc do not work anymore without limitations and hard work,. It is known.
      Couple of weeks ago I found the exact Dolphin version that it changed and the explanation about it searching the dolphin branch master versions.
      Problem is…i read it two, three times and didn’t understand a thing from that programmer’ language. I’m gonna try to find the text explaining it again and post the text here so the geniuses and programmers (like Mr. Stacks and others) may find it useful .
      Off course only if I’m allowed to do it.
      I think they can read that and understand the way it functions now.

Really sad that the newer Dolphin versions run the game very well compared to older version, but unfortunately the custom didn’t work on it.

I can confirm that customs on dolphin are still possible.

However you must change the file size for both meta and Song in the TMD file.

The max file size for the meta app is around 600kb. That means you can just have 2-3 Songs in a dlc slot. Maybe more if you delete the preview mogg files.

If you don’t edit the tmd file, the song will sometimes still appear, but when you play it, you will lose the song audio at some point. You can fix this by editing the song app size in the tmd file. Better always edit both meta and song size in the tmd file.

Dolphin doesn’t load dlc from sZGP/E. Extra dlc slots for sZFP/E doesn’t work either.

Big thanks to StackOverflow0x for the hint with the tmd file.

Using a newer version of Dolphin with the customs i used in older versions i got the infinite looping after loading all my official and custom dlcs in the title screen. They all load, then I got infite loopings of loading content.

I doubt its your Official DLC, what do you mean “ i noticed that there is NOT a sZFE wad file” what are you installing then?

It used to exist, but now it doesn’t for some reason. I moved my files to sZDE (and changed them of course) but I’m still getting the error. I tried installing and uninstalling the sZDE wad with no luck. I really don’t have any clue to what is going wrong

It used to exist, but now it doesn’t for some reason. I moved my files to sZDE (and changed them of course) but I’m still getting the error. I tried installing and uninstalling the sZDE wad with no luck. I really don’t have any clue to what is going wrong

When you install and uninstall the WAD file you need to reinstall it again and leave it installed the second time.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Please use sZGE, which is linked in the first post. This gives you much more control than hijacking existing content generations used by official DLC. Install its WAD, build DLC using its build files, then try again.

Which WADs are we talking about?

Please use sZGE, which is linked in the first post. This gives you much more control than hijacking existing content generations used by official DLC. Install its WAD, build DLC using its build files, then try again.

I only found the sZGP wad in that download…isn’t that for PAL consoles?

Edit: nvm I thought it was one link :bang: I’ll update after I actually download the right rar

Edit 2: sZGE still gave me the restored error…

Edit 3: does title.wad need to also be installed?

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Edit 2: sZGE still gave me the restored error…

Are you sure you have the right common-key and ng-id values? That’s usually the next likely thing it could be.

imac007
          Participant

It is, yes. Using the same method I used to create sZGE and sZHE, an sZIE was not possible. I think this is something that RawkSD figured out all those years ago, but I was not able to figure it out. The game simply rejects any attempt at any other content generation for some reason.

Thanks StackOverflowOx, I know I’ve probably asked this before, but thanks for the response.

Now I’m trying to find out how to put more than 1 song in a slot. Haven’t found the page in this thread yet.

I’ve run out of slots and need to make packs (I guess?), I’ll keep searching this thread.

Thanks again….

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

Thanks StackOverflowOx, I know I’ve probably asked this before, but thanks for the response.

Now I’m trying to find out how to put more than 1 song in a slot. Haven’t found the page in this thread yet.

I’ve run out of slots and need to make packs (I guess?), I’ll keep searching this thread.

Thanks again….

You can use the Smart Folder Merge to combine customs, I think. You could also do it manually by adding the files from one custom into an existing custom’s slot. I’m sure this is explained in the guide.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,371 through 2,385 (of 3,117 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button