[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

No Not really but it’s recommended. I Merged it and it worked

Well, merging worked (17 things to load down to 8), but it didn’t help. Whenever I boot up the game it says something about the license getting deleted, and when I go to the “Get More Songs” men, it loads for a good couple of minutes before I can do anything. Is it supposed to say/do that? Also, I’m not 100% sure that this: ebe42a225e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7 is the right common-key.

You need to have the slots you are using unlocked. If you are not using the custom sZG* generation make sure the slots you are trying to use are indeed unlocked.

You need to have the slots you are using unlocked. If you are not using the custom sZG* generation make sure the slots you are trying to use are indeed unlocked.

How do I make sure of that?

If you’re asking this question I’d suggest using the sZG* generation and installing the wad file that comes with it. (Don’t forget to change the path in your DTAs to the right one and repacking your customs)

If you’re asking this question I’d suggest using the sZG* generation and installing the wad file that comes with it. (Don’t forget to change the path in your DTAs to the right one and repacking your customs)

Well, the red bar still works, but I still don’t see any songs. Now, though, when the main menu loads up, it says that I can’t move/save the add-on content from the SD card to the Wii system memory.

Edit: when you mean repacking, it’s the batch file and stuff, right? I don’t have to re-merge anything?

Edit#2: yes, I installed the WAD that was in the sZGE folder

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Edit: when you mean repacking, it’s the batch file and stuff, right? I don’t have to re-merge anything?

After you update the paths in your DTAs, you’ll have to repack your .app files. Otherwise the song data won’t load in-game.

wait, when I use sZGE I have to put the .app file in too? I’ve been told not to put them onto the SD card

After you update the paths in your DTAs, you’ll have to repack your .app files. Otherwise the song data won’t load in-game.

well, I’ve put the .apps on the SD card, everything’s in the sZGE folder, and I still can’t see my customs. ;-; when the main menu pops up. this message comes up:

“Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii system memory”

well, I’ve put the .apps on the SD card, everything’s in the sZGE folder, and I still can’t see my customs. ;-; when the main menu pops up. this message comes up:

“Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii system memory”

Which method are you using? Screenshots will help.

Which method are you using? Screenshots will help.

Well, I followed the guide step by step as best as I could (apparently I missed a couple of steps that you three pointed out), and then, at Alternity’s suggestion, I tried the sZGE method.

http://i.imgur.com/1BEe6HY.pngis the sZGE folder; the bins, apps, and meta/song folders that are in their respective folders (2nd half, for the meta and song) used to be in the sZGE folder. I essentially just copied them over from the other folder, the original DLC Packer, after changing the data files.

This is what one of the data files looks like: http://i.imgur.com/uu6K4hl.png

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Where are your song folders that will become app files? And you have to know that those app files won’t work off the SD card. The packer should make .bin files that you need to use on your SD card.

all the song folders that got merged into are that “2nd half”. They were in the sZGE folder, but I moved them so the screenshot could see the entire folder.

Edit: Yeah, I’ve heard that the .app files don’t matter.

Edit#2: I’m starting to think that I should just start over, and save everyone a headache induced by trying to figure out where I screwed up.

all the song folders that got merged into are that “2nd half”. They were in the sZGE folder, but I moved them so the screenshot could see the entire folder.

Edit: Yeah, I’ve heard that the .app files don’t matter.

Edit#2: I’m starting to think that I should just start over, and save everyone a headache induced by trying to figure out where I screwed up.

Yeah Try doing it from the beginning

Yeah Try doing it from the beginning

So, I started over, and nothing’s changed. I followed everything step by step(except merging, I was only doing one song to save time), and I still get the red bar, but no songs. I really want to reset my cache to make sure that I’m not being screwed over by the songs I’ve bought, but I’m having problems. First off, this: “Go to the following path on your NAND to get to your gamesave data: 00010000/535a4245/data” seems to be wrong, because I can only find those folders under the title folder like this: nand:/title/00010000/535a4245/data. Last thing about that: the data thing is supposed to be a folder, right? ‘Cause it’s not. It’s a file where I found it.

Help? ;-;

So, I started over, and nothing’s changed. I followed everything step by step(except merging, I was only doing one song to save time), and I still get the red bar, but no songs. I really want to reset my cache to make sure that I’m not being screwed over by the songs I’ve bought, but I’m having problems. First off, this: “Go to the following path on your NAND to get to your gamesave data: 00010000/535a4245/data” seems to be wrong, because I can only find those folders under the title folder like this: nand:/title/00010000/535a4245/data. Last thing about that: the data thing is supposed to be a folder, right? ‘Cause it’s not. It’s a file where I found it.

Help? ;-;

Hers what it should look like, (What Works for me)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 3,117 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button