[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

​You still can’t emulate the keyboard: You are not emulating it… you are using the real deal. All wii hardware works with dolphin (Except microphones.. but they are working on it right now)

​There are 3 ways to get rid of them: Either use the always show video venue cheat; or enable all-instruments in-game. All-instruments mode forces video venue to load 100% of the time. Playing online (Not just being online; playing with other people) also forces the video venue.

Yeah, I thought the latest Dolphin allows for real USB hardware to be used natively – including microphones. I haven’t tried it, but confirmation would be nice.

As for the always venue cheat, have you tried this version of the cheat?

$Always Video Venues 2
      042280A4 FC200090
      *Assembly edit to always enable video venues

Thanks for the response, Stack! I’ll take a look for it…

I think I’ve got my emulated NAND working (I’m using neek2o, to be exact), but I’m having trouble getting any songs to show up in Rock Band 3. I got used to the flow of adding songs via SD, so I didn’t think I’d have any trouble doing the equivalent with the NAND setup, but I’ve had no luck so far.

I made sure to put the APP files in the correct NAND folder, added the 26 APP file and all the title and tik files as per the original post, but I can’t see any songs in-game. Can anyone help me figure out what’s going wrong here? Thanks!

When you’re adding the APP files, does that include the TMD file for that content folder? Have you tried also installing the respective WADs for the content generations instead of just adding the ticket files? I think that might be a reliable option.

anybody got rb3 on vwii working well? i got my customs on there, i can play, but it seems like at regular intervals i miss notes when i clearly know i didn’t.

i play on drums with an ekit. never had trouble on the wii, but on the wii u i miss the easiest of notes and can’t even gold star the easiest of songs, even songs that i can FC. some songs align to the skip perfectly, others seem more random. like on one song, every 14 measures i would miss on the second beat.

That certainly sounds odd. Sure it doesn’t have anything to do with your audio sync settings? Otherwise, is the game just notably skip every once in a while?

Yeah, I thought the latest Dolphin allows for real USB hardware to be used natively – including microphones. I haven’t tried it, but confirmation would be nice.

I don’t know about the new driver thing; I haven’t tested that; but the Zadig workaround they had before worked with everything so far except microphones. I played with an MPA (all 3 switches works) and a friend tried with the official wii keyboard and it also worked.

The “Usage” link in Rockbiink is broken.

Also, I’ve been encountering an issue with Rock Biink that I’ve never had before. What if the resulting .bin from packing after the whole RockBiink process ends up significantly larger than before?

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

The “Usage” link in Rockbiink is broken.

Also, I’ve been encountering an issue with Rock Biink that I’ve never had before. What if the resulting .bin from packing after the whole RockBiink process ends up significantly larger than before?

Oh yeah, it’s probably been broken ever since we changed forum software, which was quite a while ago. I’ll make sure to include that in the next update.

As for the file size issue, is the .bik file smaller than the source file? What is happening between when RockBiink outputs its file and you pack a bin? You’re not leaving in the old audio file in there are you?

thanks

moc_os
        Participant

That certainly sounds odd. Sure it doesn’t have anything to do with your audio sync settings? Otherwise, is the game just notably skip every once in a while?

it’s not a sync setting. there aren’t any visual or audio hiccups. just notice my hit wont register once in a while – visually i can see the on screen buttons not get triggered. just wondering if others where having this issue so i can rule out software and trouble shoot all my cables, etc.

Oh yeah, it’s probably been broken ever since we changed forum software, which was quite a while ago. I’ll make sure to include that in the next update.

As for the file size issue, is the .bik file smaller than the source file? What is happening between when RockBiink outputs its file and you pack a bin? You’re not leaving in the old audio file in there are you?

The .bik is about 1/5 the size of the .wav, but it’s over double the size of the .mogg (mind you, I didn’t use the .mogg as the base for the .wav because Audacity couldn’t import all 30 minutes of it).

When making a .bin, nothing spectacular happens; it just takes a lot longer than normal.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

The .bik is about 1/5 the size of the .wav, but it’s over double the size of the .mogg (mind you, I didn’t use the .mogg as the base for the .wav because Audacity couldn’t import all 30 minutes of it).

When making a .bin, nothing spectacular happens; it just takes a lot longer than normal.

Then you probably have to toggle the quality settings to get the file size down. A MOGG is just a lot of OGG files, so maybe if you even turn the WAV into an OGG first, then a WAV for RockBiink, you could get the size down and the audio quality to something reasonable. If you have doubts about the audio quality of the BIK, VLC lets you listen to them as well and even lets you listen to specific audio tracks (which you will need to test on something like this).

Then you probably have to toggle the quality settings to get the file size down. A MOGG is just a lot of OGG files, so maybe if you even turn the WAV into an OGG first, then a WAV for RockBiink, you could get the size down and the audio quality to something reasonable. If you have doubts about the audio quality of the BIK, VLC lets you listen to them as well and even lets you listen to specific audio tracks (which you will need to test on something like this).

Where are the quality options in either Audacity or Bink editor?

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

RockBiink has the quality settings at the top. Try lowering the Sample Rate and raiding the number in Quality (since that decreases quality and file size).

So I lowered the quality a bit and I still can’t get it under the default .mogg file (44k bit rate, 6 quality). In addition, when I try to listen to the output bik in VLC, it is just a half hour of silence.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Lower the Sample Rate. 44k is too high when you need to make compromises like this. 32000 is sufficient for this. Definitely don’t do stereo silence tracks. In 30 minutes, those add up quickly. When listening through VLC, you have to choose the audio track to listen to from the menu, which will usually be the last 2.

But, if you still can’t get the file size down reasonably, send it to me and I can try it. C3 released a really challenging 30 minute song once and I had a trick to get that working.

Lower the Sample Rate. 44k is too high when you need to make compromises like this. 32000 is sufficient for this. Definitely don’t do stereo silence tracks. In 30 minutes, those add up quickly. When listening through VLC, you have to choose the audio track to listen to from the menu, which will usually be the last 2.

But, if you still can’t get the file size down reasonably, send it to me and I can try it. C3 released a really challenging 30 minute song once and I had a trick to get that working.

Was the song Cassandra Gemini (by The Mars Volta)? I’m a big Volta fan and I’ve been trying to get it to work. I’ve been on vacation this past weekend, so I haven’t had time to sit down and work on it as you suggested with the 32k bit rate.

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

Yeah. I converted it way back when it released.

So, just an update on my situation regarding customs on my emuNAND (which uses APP files). I gave up on trying to use the “extra” slots for custom songs. I tried so many different things, but I could never get the Wii to actually see the songs I added . Now, I’m just overwriting existing sZFE (and sZAE, etc.) slots for my customs and they work perfectly.

Based on my searches through this thread, it looks like I wasn’t the only one unable to get the extra slots to work on emuNAND. It’s a shame, but at least using the existing slots works.

Also, I found that using USB Loader GX with emuNAND support to launch RB3 seems to reliably freeze when it starts on the 1st song in the “Loading New Downloaded Content” process. To get around this, I start RB3 using Uniiloader through my emuNAND. After the “Loading New Downloaded Content” process completes, I’m free to use USB Loader GX without freezing anytime afterwards as long as the game doesn’t need to create the cache again.

E/ The sheer frequency of the “buzz of death” when just browsing through official DLC in the Song List got to be too much for me (hard freeze and it takes FOREVER to load the game back up on emuNAND) and there does not seem to be any fix. Based on previous posts from people who’ve tried DLC with emuNAND, it looks like I’m not the only one with this issue. Over the span of multiple weeks, I’ve tried so many things to get emuNAND to work right, but there would always be some kind of game-breaking issue. I really wish emuNAND wasn’t so glitchy with RB3 since packing songs is so much more convenient.

Anyways, I’ve since gone back to loading DLC (customs and officials) from the SD card and have had no issues… so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 3,117 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button