[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

I’m not seeing any .wad file in the Wii DLC Packer folder, just the wadpacker.exe. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

EDIT: btw, I already ran packdlc.bat and created all the .bin files.

Getting BINs to be made is part of the process. If you’re using the sZGE folder, you’ll need its WAD. You can get that here if you don’t have it already. Once you install that under IOS249, the game should start recognizing content you packed under sZGE.

im having trouble loading the custom songs onto rock band 3.

the error im getting is

“the licence for add-on content has been deleted from wii system memory. to use redownload content from which licence has been previously downloaded’

im just trying the songs that were in the loader to see if i could make it work.

i put the songs in the sZFE folder after i created the .bin files.

the song i bought from the music store made a SZLE folder and put the song in there.

i dont know what to do to make the songs work

You most likely don’t have installed the WAD file correctly. Install the provided wad file (In this case most likely sZFE.wad) with any WAD installer using cIOS249. You are expecting an error; this is normal (I Believe the wanted error is -1022)

spiralshadow123
      Participant

Alright so I finally got it working on the Wii, but now I’m struggling to get it working on Dolphin. I extracted the Dolphin files from the OP into the NAND, created 00000001.app and 00000002.app and moved those files into the content folder. It isn’t giving me any error messages and it isn’t deleting the files, but when I run the game it just doesn’t see the songs. Is there a certain way I need to create the .app files for them to work? Can anyone help me out with this?

Alright, so I’m new at this custom songs stuff on Rock Band 3, and I’m trying to get it work for like hours now. I have .bin files for 2 songs, the example song and Welcome to the Jungle. Putted it on my SD card, in the right folder structure, but it doesn’t show up in the game. I am working from an SD card, so I can’t reset the cache. Also my game is the legit physical version, I don’t know if that matters. Is there anyone who can help me, cause this is like the 4th time I’m trying all this, and I can’t do it.

PS: Yes, I have HBC and everything.

Alright, so I’m new at this custom songs stuff on Rock Band 3, and I’m trying to get it work for like hours now. I have .bin files for 2 songs, the example song and Welcome to the Jungle. Putted it on my SD card, in the right folder structure, but it doesn’t show up in the game. I am working from an SD card, so I can’t reset the cache. Also my game is the legit physical version, I don’t know if that matters. Is there anyone who can help me, cause this is like the 4th time I’m trying all this, and I can’t do it.

PS: Yes, I have HBC and everything.

Are you launching the game through a loader? You need to boot the game using cIOS249 for customs to work. You can reset cache if need be; explaination for real NAND/SD card users is in the OP.

Alright so I finally got it working on the Wii, but now I’m struggling to get it working on Dolphin. I extracted the Dolphin files from the OP into the NAND, created 00000001.app and 00000002.app and moved those files into the content folder. It isn’t giving me any error messages and it isn’t deleting the files, but when I run the game it just doesn’t see the songs. Is there a certain way I need to create the .app files for them to work? Can anyone help me out with this?

You need the ticket (.tik file, has to be renamed with the hex generation name) to be in ticket/00010005, the title.tmd and the required XXXXXXXX.app also in title/00010005/XXXXXXXX/content which should be provided with the packer.

spiralshadow123
        Participant

You need the ticket (.tik file, has to be renamed with the hex generation name) to be in ticket/00010005, the title.tmd and the required XXXXXXXX.app also in title/00010005/XXXXXXXX/content which should be provided with the packer.

Those are all in there, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’m trying to make .app files for sZAE, so I updated the DTA as such before making the files. Is there anything else I would need to change in order to make the files work?

Not really. What you can do is try the portable method (which was the only way that worked for me). Create a portable.txt file in the root of Dolphin’s folder; launch dolphin in admin mode (right click > launch as admin). This should have created a “User” folder inside dolphin’s root. Inside that folder there is a Wii folder; this is basically a new NAND folder and this one works. Why? no idea. Just redo the NAND inside that folder. If it still doesn’t work idk.

Are you launching the game through a loader? You need to boot the game using cIOS249 for customs to work. You can reset cache if need be; explaination for real NAND/SD card users is in the OP.

No, how can I achieve that? And I tried to reset the cache, but I can’t seem to go/find my save data.

IIRC to reset cache on a real NAND you just need to replace it with an empty file; this will force the game to rebuild it; you can browse your NAND using FSToolBox or WiiXplorer (Or alternatively FTPii with FTP connection). Location of the file is in the OP.

To load the game through a loader just get one (USB Loader GX is the most popular) and load the game through it.

IIRC to reset cache on a real NAND you just need to replace it with an empty file; this will force the game to rebuild it; you can browse your NAND using FSToolBox or WiiXplorer (Or alternatively FTPii with FTP connection). Location of the file is in the OP.

To load the game through a loader just get one (USB Loader GX is the most popular) and load the game through it.

I don’t use a NAND, I’m using a SD card. Also I tried that, but it made no difference.

You are using a NAND; a real one. The cache is saved inside it. (The NAND is the flash memory of the wii; where your system is installed and where your savegames are; updates; etc.)

For the loader make sure it is using cIOS249; if it’s still not working after making that check you most likely need to install the wad file; which should be provided with the packer. Install it using any wad installer; you are expecting the -1022 error.

So i tried c3contool’s smart folder merge.

Everything works fine, except every Song has 2 entries in the songs.dta.

Not a big thing the game ignores the 2nd entry and i didn’t hit the 500kb limit.

Is there any reason for that behavior? Or is it just a little bug?

I’ve never had that happen; are you positive that you have the latest version?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 3,117 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button