[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 2,071 through 2,085 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Try with 249?

Peachfanclub
    Participant

Try with 249?

Ok, under 249, no error message, but the game crashed when I tried to open the song list. I investigated and thought that my Harmonies Project files were the culprit. Turns out the Harmonies Project files were just fine! I ain’t tested the customs by themselves yet, but now that I know the harmonies work on the Wii (albeit not entirely, still stuck on two songs from sZAE generation that don’t have .app files attached to them) I’m not so worried about customs anymore.

I like pop, I like soul, I like rock, but I never liked disco.

On emunand upgrades I hat to merge the MIDI and replace the DTA of the actual DLC to make sZAE work. I don’t know how that would work on real NAND considering I think there’s no way to unpack dlcs; correct me if I’m wrong anyone.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

All sZAE upgrades should have an app file included that you have to make into a BIN. Those should already include the upgrades files separate from the spoof DTA. I can show an example later if it helps.

Peachfanclub
        Participant

Well I just downloaded the most up-to-date version of the master package, and I found two sZAE songs that don’t have the .app file. They’re B.Y.O.B. and Prequel to the Sequel.

I like pop, I like soul, I like rock, but I never liked disco.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Okay, yeah. Those would have to be prepared by me. Wait on those for a while until I get a new version of the archive up.

spiralshadow123
            Participant

Hi, I’m completely new to this so I apologize if this is a noob-ish question. I think I have almost everything else set up, my Wii has already been already softmodded for a while, I have all the customs I want downloaded, etc, but I am utterly confused by the common-key thing. I’ve read through a few other comments on this thread that seem to ask about it but couldn’t find any clear answers. The tutorial says “find it wherever online” but where is “wherever”? I’ve done google searches for “wii common key” and “wii rock band 3 common key” and haven’t found anything. Any help is much much much appreciated, it’s going to kill me if I can’t figure this out. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, why is it recommended to run the game from USB Loader? I have no problem doing this if I have to but I’d like to know if it’s necessary. Otherwise I’d rather run it from a disc.

I’m pretty sure you need to boot the game under a cIOS (249). You can still boot game from discs using a loader as far as I know. Do a google search for “common key” not “custom key”.

Hello all! I have a problem with my sd card. Firstly, I have played a long time customs. Today it just wouldn’t work. I could made it to the use sd card menu, and then there came message ‘there is add-on content on the Wii System Memory that needs to be moved to the sd card. After responding positively to that there was text ‘Please wait…’. It was there about 5 seconds after it changed to ‘Moving add-on content to the sd card…’ and so on. Soon I was greeted with ‘An unknown error has occurred’ and ‘Sd card mode is disabled’. I was confused because it was working perfectly yesterday. After a bit of googling i found out that the NAND could send corrupt data to the sd card. And there ends my knowledge.

I have already tried reinstalling Cios 249 and Cios 250, removed my DLC’s and deleted MSTORE.vtf. I have no idea what to do next. There is one thing i noticed. When i removed my DLCs from the sd card, Wii automatically created a new folder structure for the DLC. So what I mean that there was already a new folder /private/wii/data/SzFP, when I launched Rock Band and let it try to copy the files to the sd card.

I would appreciate all help you can give. Cheers!

Edit: Went to Data management and deleted the corrupted file. Fixed now

spiralshadow123
              Participant

I’m pretty sure you need to boot the game under a cIOS (249). You can still boot game from discs using a loader as far as I know. Do a google search for “common key” not “custom key”.

Whoops, that’s what I meant, “common key”. And thank you, I’ll get the cIOS installed.

I just did another Google search and somehow I found a result that wasn’t there yesterday. For anyone else who might need it, it looks like the common-key can be found at this page: https://emergent.unpythonic.net/wii-decryption-keys

And the key itself is: ebe4a225e8593e448d5457381aaf7

I’ll try it out later today and see if it goes well.

And thank you, I’ll get the cIOS installed.

If you successfully installed the WAD file(s) you already have cIOS249 installed. What I mean by loading it with it is selecting that cIOS inside a loader.

spiralshadow123
                Participant

Am I supposed to use something inside the Wii DLC Packer to install the cIOS? I just installed cIOS249 using a separate guide, now am running the game inside USB Loader GX and I’m getting a “License has expired” error. I even tried resetting the cache.

According to the OP, these are the instructions with regards to this error:

If you’re getting a “License has expired” error, this might be because you don’t have the content generation’s ticket installed. You might need to have at least one sZFE content downloaded or its WAD installed. sZGE should not have this issue. Just install the WAD and go.

I’m not really sure what this means. I see that there’s an executable named wadpacker.exe in the Wii Packer folder but when I run it, it does nothing. I copied the bin files to the correct folder on the SD card like the post said, and I’m not sure what else to do.

There is a link to a softmod guide in the OP; install those cIOS just to be sure. Also once they are installed make sure the game is loaded with cIOS429 (You can go into the game’s options in USB Loader GX).

For the packer just prepare it with custom song, the common-key and your console id (which you get from official DLC; as stated in OP) then double click on RB3WiiPackTool.exe; this should generate a batch (.bat) file; just execute that and your song should be packed and ready to be transfered to your SD card.

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

The cIOS is separate, which you’ve done already. It’s saying you also need the WAD foe the content gen installed. There should be a WAD file already in the folder. Install that and you should be set.

spiralshadow123
                    Participant

I’m not seeing any .wad file in the Wii DLC Packer folder, just the wadpacker.exe. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

EDIT: btw, I already ran packdlc.bat and created all the .bin files.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,071 through 2,085 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button